Worst Room View Pics Thread

You definitely win but I am really surprised by this. Usually Disney is so big on "show" and guests not seeing how everything works. Weird

HOLY POOH....where is this?? OK, I haven't read this whole post & the pages so I will go back but please don't tell me WL standard view-that's what we have booked in Jan.:scared1:

Never mind...I went back through & read it was the Dolphin. I can't believe that room view would be given to anyone!!!

To the right

julyvac08186.jpg

2 years ago we stayed in the room directly to the right of you - the one that is directly views that walkway thing. We didn't mind though, we found the room to be a bit bigger than other Poly rooms, I think since it was in a weird place anyhow. We loved the room, just didn't look outside too often ;)

We had such a room in May. It was the honeymoon suite and the view was of treetops, roofs and trucks below. The only good thing was it was a free upgrade, we could see Wishes every night and it was only for 3 nights! I don't think I could have stayed there our whole trip. I need to see something when sitting out on the balcony! Maybe if they were to trim some of the trees there could be a view:confused3 It was enough for us to not want to stay there again....

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but WL std has some similar views. If you go through the thread you'll see a some. If high enough then look straight ahead, not down! One room had a view of the MK fireworks in the distance, but looking down was a truck docking/service service area. This is why we never would book at std at WL or AKL - it's pretty bad that rooms would have such bad views - some are the green rooftop - right outside your balcony and nothing else to see.

Fingers crossed you'll get one of the std rooms with a view of something other than rooftops or service areas!:santa:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1674676&page=3 posts #31 and #36

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but WL std has some similar views. If you go through the thread you'll see a some. If high enough then look straight ahead, not down! One room had a view of the MK fireworks in the distance, but looking down was a truck docking/service service area. This is why we never would book at std at WL or AKL - it's pretty bad that rooms would have such bad views - some are the green rooftop - right outside your balcony and nothing else to see.

Fingers crossed you'll get one of the std rooms with a view of something other than rooftops or service areas!:santa:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1674676&page=3 posts #31 and #36

Yes, I have seen some pics of rooms looking at the rooftops I'm thinkong of upgrading when we get there...maybe. Being that we've never stayed there we may end up in a decent room-I have printed out the layout w/ room #s & every pic thread I try to see what #s are good rooms-so I guess well just see! Thanks for the info...:goodvibes

...bumping...

I'm glad people loved my idea!!

I think so far the lady who went to Swan/Dolphin wins the prize.....

...bumping...

I'm glad people loved my idea!!

I think so far the lady who went to Swan/Dolphin wins the prize.....

ROFLLMAO - that's me - the Dolphin lady! Hey guess what?!?! That was our room from 2007 - I was at The Dolphin just 4 weeks ago and this was my view this year...

IMG_3498.jpg

A million times better! We're Starwood Gold this year so it's an automatic upgrade if there's one available...so this was the view from a deluxe room on the 6th floor. It was gorgeous!

Yes, I have seen some pics of rooms looking at the rooftops I'm thinkong of upgrading when we get there...maybe. Being that we've never stayed there we may end up in a decent room-I have printed out the layout w/ room #s & every pic thread I try to see what #s are good rooms-so I guess well just see! Thanks for the info...:goodvibes

I'm not sure if I would upgrade. It was the upgraded room at WL that was really awful. Not only did we have a bad view, we paid extra for it!!

With the number of times we've been, and never once having upgraded to a "view" room, we always end up with our window over-looking a quiet courtyard, or a under-used back path to somewhere else. It never even crossed my mind how craptastic some of the views could have been.
Worse view I ever had was waking at 6:00 am-ish to screaming/cheering, and looking through the drapes at dozens of pubescent children flailing around, practicing (assumedly) for some morning cheer competition. I wanted to chuck my pillows at them, but figured, "What the heck, when in Rome," and started dance/cheering around the room to the annoyance of my wife and daughter. They thought it less funny than I.
I have neither pictures of any views from any rooms, nor (fortunately for you) pics of myself cheering in my boxers.
I vote for worst pic, the loading doc/construction picture. That would not be good.

This was a corner room really close to the elevators and I wouldn't have minded if we had only been there a few days but we had 17 days in this room with a view

332.jpg

Oh, boy, I would have requested a room change even if I'd had to wait a day or so!! Would not be able to stand that view. Thanks for posting!

Every view I've had at WDW has been spectacular, at least compared to my dorm views. I have never had a dorm with a good view. For two years, I faced a wall. This year, I'm facing am empty lot which is overrun with weeds. Believe me, any view is better than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter