Worst Room View Pics Thread

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009081.jpg

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009656.jpg

;)

Well.....one would not expect that kind of view when they were told they were being upgraded, but then it's okay...because you did get the upgrade. I would feel bad about the view, but then it grows on you.

LOL...at least you wouldn't have to worry about people seeing you in the nude.:eek::lmao:

Hey, I have one for this thread (unfortunately!). This was a Garden View Concierge room at the Grand Californian if you'll accept a DL resort. The view to the left was all roof.

I figured that at least the roof was green like a garden and it sure was peaceful! :lmao:

DSC00384.jpg

We have had some wonderful and some really bad views at the GC -- I love the hotel, but whoever designed it didn't take room views into account all that much.:confused:

Oh my...I would just die! :eek: To all you poor AKL folks, will you PLEASE post what those terrible "Pool View" room #'s were? We have a Pool View room booked for December, and I want to make sure I request something far away from those. I must study my resort map closely, I see. I'm fairly certain I would pass out if I opened my curtain and was greeted by something that depressing. :sad2:

Here is our view from Yacht Club in April... I'm not one to complain about view because we don't spend much time in the room but this one wasn't great... at least the kids liked watching all the squirrels on the roof below us. :laughing:
IMG_2342.jpg
[/IMG]

wow such wonderful views :lmao: I think I would fuss about those views too!
Man! I have never had a bad view, but I feel really sorry for those of you who have!!!!

When we stayed at POR in 2003, we were given a fantastic room!!! It was Acadian House, second floor, corner room over looking the pool. Very nice - very pretty. We watched the ducks swim in the pool in the early AM.

I think if we were at a deluxe, view would matter to me (b/c of balcony, etc), but with values/moderates, it really doesn't..

We will be at wdw in Jan. around the same time as you!

Even the value resorts have better views from a standard room looking out at the parking lot for only $89 a night :lmao:

We stayed at BC using the 4/3 deal in March. It was a no-kids, college friends trip, so I went no frills and booked a standard room...

MarchWDW061.jpg

But...if you looked in the distance, it was a water view...
MarchWDW062.jpg

Aaaaand...a theme park view!!
MarchWDW064.jpg

MarchWDW066.jpg

So, what started out as an icky view turned out to be not so bad if you looked to the right. ;)

Those are some bad views! I thought the last two places we stayed were questionable...I take it all back, somehow the fairies were watching out for us! I must remember to see my glass half full! We are staying at the POFQ next time anyone have bad luck there?

Welll, our room view at the Yacht Club was both good and bad. the good part was we had a set of windows across from the bed, which gave the room a larger, more open feel:

yc%20room1.jpg

The view out the side windows:

yc%20room3.jpg

yc%20room4.jpg

But the balcony view(it was standard alright!) left much to be desired:

yc%20room2b.jpg

yc%20room2.jpg

We were right above the the lobby on the second floor at the front of the building. We thought about requesting a new room. However, it was nice to have the extra windows, and we liked being so close to the lobby, bus stop, a short walk out the back to the boat, Epcot etc...not to mention free internet access(I'm assuming because we were so close to the lobby we were able to connect to the wireless network).So, we stayed put and were happy we did!

The funny thing about your view is if you were a few floors up it would have been a fantastic view!! We were one floor from the top and our view was great! We were above the trees that were in front of you.

Welll, our room view at the Yacht Club was both good and bad. the good part was we had a set of windows across from the bed, which gave the room a larger, more open feel:

yc%20room1.jpg

The view out the side windows:

yc%20room3.jpg

yc%20room4.jpg

But the balcony view(it was standard alright!) left much to be desired:

yc%20room2b.jpg

yc%20room2.jpg

We were right above the the lobby on the second floor at the front of the building. We thought about requesting a new room. However, it was nice to have the extra windows, and we liked being so close to the lobby, bus stop, a short walk out the back to the boat, Epcot etc...not to mention free internet access(I'm assuming because we were so close to the lobby we were able to connect to the wireless network).So, we stayed put and were happy we did!

ever so slightly off topic, but for some of you that have had those horrible views (that you've paid extra for) Are you satisfied with Disney's response to your complaints/concerns?

Are they receptive? I did read one post that indicated Disney did call and discuss her concerns and refunded the "upgrade" portion of her bill. Any other feedback?

Yikes! I had no idea some of the room views are actually this bad! :scared1:

In retrospect, I now think I have won the room assignment jackpot every stay I have had!:rotfl:

This is a great thread! I had no idea that some of these horrible views existed. I would be so mad to have some these terrible views.

echo echo double pics. can we pls stop this?

why do you go onto all the threads and ask for people to quit quoting pictures? if you don't want to see them twice skip over them with your scroll button....there are a lot worse things in life to make such a fuss over....please stop complaining:):goodvibes:)

why do you go onto all the threads and ask for people to quit quoting pictures? if you don't want to see them twice skip over them with your scroll button....there are a lot worse things in life to make such a fuss over....please stop complaining:):goodvibes:)

I totally agree!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter