Worst Room View Pics Thread

Any idea what room number you had. I booked a woodsview and I am hoping that it was a standard.

It was room 5048. Although the view of the service entrance wasn't so great, at night, we had a really great view of "Wishes" (that was the only saving grace).

We didn't even have to pay extra for this waterview. I wish I remember what the room number was. Country Building - 3rd floor farthest possible room at the back of the resort - with the free SWAMP view!

January92009-MaliasCamera021-1.jpg

I love this thread. Although I hope I never have reason to post a photo in it.
jacqu3lin3, that view is just sad. I'm glad you didn't pay for it.

We didn't even have to pay extra for this waterview. I wish I remember what the room number was. Country Building - 3rd floor farthest possible room at the back of the resort - with the free SWAMP view!

January92009-MaliasCamera021-1.jpg

intersesting story about the "swamp" water...there is another area of water at MK that the train travels over...we always thought it was strange of Disney to let it look that way....when we did the train tour last Dec we were told that the scum on the top of the water is there to keep the water safe (it prevents bacteria from growing) for the wildlife that drink out of it....kinda cool huh:goodvibes

Hey, I have one for this thread (unfortunately!). This was a Garden View Concierge room at the Grand Californian if you'll accept a DL resort. The view to the left was all roof.

I figured that at least the roof was green like a garden and it sure was peaceful! :lmao:

DSC00384.jpg

Pop Century 2130 and 2131 - long on quiet - but short on view. :rotfl:

88163Pop_room_view_web.jpg

Ugh..how awful. That room view has become a problem for the rooms near and in the corners by the elevators. We have wondered why in the world Disney planted trees that would grow high enough to completely block any view or even light. :confused3

We would be requesting a room change asap!

I paid extra to have a POOL view, because I did not want to chance the standard view. Our previous trip was Savanna and it was not on the budget for this trip. I expected more than this. Our view was of roof, roof apparatus (to left), and on most days towels over railings across from us. We could see a few spots of water through the leaves of a big tree next to the balcony if we leaned out and right. It was alittle noisy too, so we never used the balcony. Total waste of "view" money. All I know is I will never pay extra for pool view again at AKL. So this is my worst view in relation to the amount of money paid specific to the view.

5b7d977e.jpg

????????????????where is the pool and the "water view" I totally would have gone to front desk about that and got bill reduced, I have done that myself at POR and they reduced it!!!
I no longer pay for ANY views!!

In July 2005 we took our twins on their 2nd trip to the World. The summer before we'd stayed at ASMovies and had enjoyed it. But after a great discount came up we decided to stay at AKL. We thought we'd splurge for a water view room. Here is the view from our balcony:

Looking left -
239733590-M.jpg

Looking straight -

239733604-M.jpg

Looking right -

239733554-M.jpg

If you look really, really carefully at the middle picture you can just barely see the blue from the pool. :rolleyes:

My parents were traveling with us in the room next door and believe it or not, they had a semi-decent view of the pool! We did talk to the manager, but our twins were napping and by then it was just too late (and too much effort) to move everything. When we returned from our trip, I printed these pictures off and mailed them with a nice letter of complaint and suggested that this "water view" room may not be one anymore due to the growth of the trees. Somebody actually called and talked to me about it and they agreed that at one point it probably WAS a water view room. They kindly refunded us the difference between the standard view and water view prices.

Luckily, that was our "worst" view (at least so far - knock on wood!).

Kristie :)

Good For YOU, that was the RIGHT thing for Disney to do!! I totally would have asked for refund as well.:thumbsup2

P6290139.jpg

Savannah View at AKL last year. Used extra DVC points for one-bed Savannah view. Ended up with this construction site on Sunset savannah. We were able to see a few animals in the distance but certainly wasn't prepared to spend 15 nights in this room. What really irked me was that 'hotel' rooms with this view were being charged at standard view NOT savannah.

Moved to this Uzima Savannah View next day.
DSCF3485.jpg

This was taken early morning but there were animals aplenty, including the baby giraffe!!
Even had fireworks in the distance at night.

Oh man, I don't know what to say. WOW..unbelievable.....I never had a bad room yet...Of course I never stayed in the deluxe. I think I would cry too.

:rotfl: You sound like me! On our last trip, we went with my brother's family and stayed in connecting rooms at the Radisson the night before we headed over to WDW property to start our trip. We wanted to get up early to go check in and POP, so I got up and opened the connecting door and started singing, "Everybody Wang Chung tonight, everybody have fun tonight!" My brother woke up and started laughing hilariously, but SIL was not so happy with the serenade....Her response was "Holy c#@$!" It was pretty funny though - my family thought it was great (of course they're used to my silly singing in the morning already). Sorry it's a little off topic, but I had to share:offtopic:

Both of you sound like me and my dad! After my parents' divorce, my dad and I went to Disney and stayed at POP. My dad was in one bed, I was in the other. On the first morning, I woke up before the alarm and at one minute before the alarm was set to go off I threw a pillow at my dad. He got me back with his pillow the next morning. :rotfl:

I didn't think there could be any bad views at the Polynesian, but I got one! I got a great upgrade from garden view to concierge level garden view in Hawaii, room 3521, but my room view was non-existent:

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009081.jpg

WDWPolynesiantripApril2009656.jpg

Even though we had no view, I grew to like the room anyway. It was very private, and kept the room cool because the trees shaded us from the sun all day. Besides, how can you complain when you get a free upgrade to concierge, right? ;)

Imagine paying for concierge and having that view? Even with the upgrade, I would have said thanks, but no thanks! ;) All I can think of is spiders and snakes dropping from the tree onto the balcony. :eek:

Nice upgrade, though! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter