Worst part of your job

I am retired from being a physical therapist, the last 20 years in home care. The worst part was showing up for a scheduled appointment and having the patient not be home. If I didn't see them, I didn't get paid no matter how far I drove to get there.

Meetings. Most are unnecessary and keep employee from getting their work done.
My current employer lives for meetings. And in 15 years we have had several turnovers of managers but the meeting culture continues.
The quarterly department head meeting is now the weekly department head meeting.
Our daily planning meeting now has a "pre-meeting" meeting right before with managers, and a "post-meeting" meeting about 3 hours later.

A close second, too many managers. 40 years ago we had two managers overseeing 80 employees. Now we have 8. They spend way too much time asking employees why they are doing something. The answer all too often is....."because another manager told me to"

Parents, I absolutely dont miss the parents from my first act, it is two early to say the worst part of my second act I am still in the honeymoon phase as most would say it has not even bern a year since I started act 2

Office Drama. I don't know how many times I've thought/said/heard someone else say something to the effect of "Are we in middle school again?"

There have been other things that have taken over the #1 spot at different times, but the immature behavior of other adults has always been high on the list. The times when there aren't co-workers highly prone to drama has been delightful, and whatever other annoyances the job came with didn't seem so bad.

From before this job: Other people in all positions not doing their jobs, for YEARS.
From this job: 1. low compensation requiring a lot of hustle to eek out an income. 2. poking and maneuvering some horrifyingly disgusting things

Pre-Covid was my commute. Door-to-door was 2 1/2 hours each way a mixture of driving, train, subway. I only went into the office two sometimes three days a week. I did quite enjoy the train ride part it was part of my decompression.I actually went by pretty fast. It just made my day very long and didn’t give me anything but work that day.

Post Covid is the fact that I work in the industry that is suffering right now and going through major layoffs. And I’m worried that I might not have a job in a year. And not being in the office right now I actually miss that work environment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!