World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

So you wait 71 years for the Cubs to play in a World Series and I have to listen to Joe Buck. Sheesh.
For real - we can't stand him!

--------------

Don't forget, today's game starts at 7:08PM. We've got rain forecasted in the area tonight!

I don't usually watch the end, but I just went back and checked the DVR! That was nice. I remember seeing him in 2 Gentlemen of Verona at the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival back in the late 70's. My HS always had a couple of the actors come to talk to us about the play beforehand, and he was one of the speakers.

Tonight is looking good so far. For those of you who work downtown, tomorrow's game has been moved up to 7:08 PM start because it might rain.

Hanks was on Stephen Colbert on Monday night and went on for quite a while about being an Indians fan. It was pretty funny since Colbert is a Cubs fan.

I'm a Phillies fan that's rooting for the Cubs. We were all mad we had to listen to Joe Buck!

Hanks was on Stephen Colbert on Monday night and went on for quite a while about being an Indians fan. It was pretty funny since Colbert is a Cubs fan.

Thanks! Just searched for that online. Fun to think I may have been sitting in that huge old stadium at the same game as him, but I think he exaggerated the size a bit (he said 90,000 but I think it was more like 78,000?) Ah, the good old days.

That was a tough game for my Cubbies but there is a lot of baseball left!

Absolutely - now we get into the part of the series (e.g. games 2, 3 and 4) where the Indians are hoping they can get 4 or 5 innings out of a starter, then piece the rest of it together through the bullpen (which has been awesome all year!). :)

Absolutely - now we get into the part of the series (e.g. games 2, 3 and 4) where the Indians are hoping they can get 4 or 5 innings out of a starter, then piece the rest of it together through the bullpen (which has been awesome all year!). :)
Those are the same games when I expect the Cubs to gel and get some runs :).

The Chicago Cub's !
I know quite a few excited little kids that are happy the game was moved up an hour due to weather! Hopefully the camera work stays off some of the unsportsmanlike signs, wow. Learn from the players who can appreciate the magnitude of this and get along, how 'bout that bond between Javy and Francisco? I was really ok with this match-up because so many similarities between the history and the teams, but witnessed a huge glaring difference in respect.

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEVER QUIT!!!!!

14657533_1134486333272309_4635091186766452249_n.jpg

This Detroit Tigers fan is rooting for THE CUBS!!!!! I've witnessed how the Indians fans behave. No thank you!

They really lucked out with Andrew Miller. I have a feeling that trade will work out for both teams.

So you wait 71 years for the Cubs to play in a World Series and I have to listen to Joe Buck. Sheesh.
How 'bout Smoltz last night on Schwarbs? "I think it's a monumental task for a guy"..BOOM double off the wall that just missed getting out, lol. Obviously, stat and tech smarts doesn't always translate into good announcing. Thankfully they don't announce the Playoffs next year

They really lucked out with Andrew Miller. I have a feeling that trade will work out for both teams.

They gave up a fair amount to get him (their #1 prospect along with others), but he's been so lights out this postseason. When the trading deadline came around, the rumors were they were looking at either Miller or Chapman. I have to admit, I wanted Chapman, because it's hard not to like someone who throws 103 MPH, but I'm glad Miller is who they got. :thumbsup2

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter