World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

Speaking of the outfield, I thought that Santana did an excellent job playing defense at Wrigley. I was hoping for a whole lot less :rotfl:.

Yeah, it was a little nervewracking watching him out there (and thankfully, he didn't have anything really difficult to deal with), but I give him credit for doing well out there. :)

Extra innings. I can't stay up to watch. Congratulations to which ever team wins.

I stayed up past 1 am watching this game. Well worth it! We aren't Cubs fans but we appreciate good baseball. Awesome game from both teams. Well deserved win!

My son stayed up too and watched it with us. I told him this is one of those games you'll tell your kids about.

There are going to be a whole lot of tired people at offices and schools around the country today. What a game!

Congrats fellow Cubs fans! Indians fans - here's hope for next year! (And I mean that sincerely - either team winning would have ended a long drought.)

My FIL called to let us know that he's still alive.:lovestruc He's 85 and not in the best of health. He's said that he wanted to live long enough to see this win

I was convinced we'd find the ground disturbed where my grandfather is buried from his coming back to life to party.

I am heading to get some sleep but a tip of my lucky Cub's hat to Cleveland. Javy and Francisco's bond speaks volumes and WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if the Cubs lost. They city would have Madden's head!

I agree. He almost blew it, IMO. They won that last game despite his moves, not because of them. Wasting his closer for 2 innings with a 5 run lead in game 6? The bunt with 2 strikes? Taking out his starter who was dealing and was under 70 pitch count (and had really gotten that 3rd out but just didn't get the strike call)? Bringing in Lester with men on base? Sending Chapman back out there when he was out of gas? Oh I was a lunatic talking at the tv and I'm not even from Chicago! I was wearing my fitbit HR and checked my heartrate during the bottom of the 9th it was over 90 bpm and I was just sitting there not moving. So stressful!!!

I agree. He almost blew it, IMO. They won that last game despite his moves, not because of them. Wasting his closer for 2 innings with a 5 run lead in game 6? The bunt with 2 strikes? Taking out his starter who was dealing and was under 70 pitch count (and had really gotten that 3rd out but just didn't get the strike call)? Bringing in Lester with men on base? Sending Chapman back out there when he was out of gas? Oh I was a lunatic talking at the tv and I'm not even from Chicago! I was wearing my fitbit HR and checked my heartrate during the bottom of the 9th it was over 90 bpm and I was just sitting there not moving. So stressful!!!
Joe explained his use of Chapman in game 6 by looking at it like Game 7. If the Cubs didn't win it in Game 6 , there would be no need for any pitchers at all for a game 7 that would not happen. I was worried, too, but I trust Joe. He knows what he is doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter