World Series 2016 Thread - Indians vs. Cubs

soccerdad72

DIS Veteran
Since one team has now been decided - ahem...

th

I figured it was time for a World Series thread. :jumping1:

So, Indians fans, Cubs fans, Dodger fans, baseball fans in general - who would you like to see win? :thumbsup2

Cubs. They fit perfectly into my criteria. If my home team (Phillies) isn't involved, I almost always root for the team who went the longest without winning. And since the Cavaliers won the NBA championship this year, the Indians are automatically eliminated from my consideration.

I went to see at game at Wrigley this year, so I consider that a good omen too.

Since I'm from NE Ohio and the Indians haven't won since 1948, Go Indians!!! I'd like to see them play Chicago, since Chicago hasn't won in a while either.

The Cavs just won a championship for the first time!! Cleveland hasn't had a championship team since 1964 when the Browns won a National Championship. We are long over due on Championship teams! Too bad the Browns weren't better it would be cool to have a trifecta.

Cubs. They fit perfectly into my criteria. If my home team (Phillies) isn't involved, I almost always root for the team who went the longest without winning. And since the Cavaliers won the NBA championship this year, the Indians are automatically eliminated from my consideration.

I agree. Any other year, I'd probably be pulling for the Cubs as well.

As an Oakland A's fan it doesn't matter for a couple of reasons. One, of course, the A's aren't in it. Two, every team that IS in it, has Oakland A's on it.:yay:

I'm a Mets fan, and back in June I mentioned to someone that if the Mets weren't there, I'd be rooting for Cleveland. So I have to root for them. Besides, it's hard for me to root for a NL team. And it would just be too cool if the city of Cleveland got 2 champions after so many years of not having any.

Of course I will be rooting for the home town Tribe, but somewhere along my life I stopped watching baseball
Blasphemy!

I'm just happy games are still being played. Not sure who I'm rooting for yet, will have to see.

Tomorrow night - Game 1!! :yay::yay::yay:

It's going to be a crazy night in downtown Cleveland - on top of Game 1 of the WS, it's also the Cavaliers opening night when they're getting their championship rings and raising the banner. party:

I'm a big Mets fan, but I love the Cubs as well. Excited to root for them! This is going to be an AWESOME series!

GO CUBS GO!

This is a tough one for us.

We are 158 miles from Chicago and 206 miles from Cleveland. Smack dab in the middle of the two. We root for both teams during the regular season.

But when it comes down to this decision, we are pull for the Cubs to win it all. But won't be disappointed if Cleveland wins. It's nice to have a couple of teams playing that weren't there in the last couple of years.

I live near Cleveland so I'll root for the Indians, but I am jealous of the song the Cubs fans sang when they won (Go Cubs Go). That was awesome! Wish we had a cool song too.

Being a Red Sox, I'm torn. On the one hand, the Indians have old friends Tito Francona and Coco Crisp and I'm an American League girl but they also ended the Red Sox season and ruined a storybook ending to Big Papi's career. On the other hand, if the Cubs win, Theo Epstein becomes a legend who broke 2 curses and we love John Lester a lot but boy do I dislike John Lackey. I guess, overall the Cubs "story" is better and I think their fans need it more. We'll see. If they get behind by one or two games and it seems their fans are giving up, I may change my mind on that last one.

As a Cardinal can I'm allergic to rooting for the Cubs, so go tribe!

Why do Cardinals fans hate the Cubs so much? It's not like the Cubs have been in their way all that much over the years. I get why Cubs fans would hate the Cardinals. They're just 5-6 hours away and the Cardinals actually have a lot of WS wins over the years.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter