World of Color Preferred Viewing Dining Reviews: Ariel's vs. WCT!

.... Especially if those people in that front area started putting kids up on their shoulders. The height difference at the front of the preferred viewing doesn't look THAT high.

That's my concern as well. The preferred is not that much higher, just a few steps, than the FP people in front. I'm wondering how the view is from any of the railings that are not right up against the water. Is the crowd below you too tall (with kids held up) for a child to see or even a short adult.

Thank you to all who have posted your experiences. We were at DCA, I think it was the first Sunday. Not to see WOC, just to hang out(well I was practicing my photography and DH was wanting to get out of the house:) Anyhow, I was shocked to hear the rides in PP may close as early as 7:30pm. For those who have seen WOC, any idea why? I can see the rides right on the water and Screamn. But why Midway Mania? The ride is in doors.:sad2: And whats it like while your waiting for the show? Are people pushy? Or do you have some personal space? lol Yeah I know its Disneyland, there is no personal space when you are watching a show.

But why Midway Mania? The ride is in doors.:sad2: And whats it like while your waiting for the show? Are people pushy? Or do you have some personal space? lol Yeah I know its Disneyland, there is no personal space when you are watching a show.

I was there about a week ago & I spoke to a CM @ Midway Mania and she told me they're the only ride that's remaining open during WOC :confused3 We were there June 19-22, and it seemed like all lines were pretty orderly although a CM did accidentally direct us to the handicapped area instead of the BLUE picnic area (so we ended up at the very back) :(

I was there about a week ago & I spoke to a CM @ Midway Mania and she told me they're the only ride that's remaining open during WOC :confused3 We were there June 19-22, and it seemed like all lines were pretty orderly although a CM did accidentally direct us to the handicapped area instead of the BLUE picnic area (so we ended up at the very back) :(

Okay that makes more senses. I was wondering why they would close MM. And thats good to hear that things seem to be orderly. We are thinking about doing one of the dining options. Not sure yet, but the reviews do help. Someone posted that handicap seem to be able to see, that is good for us. A member of our group is in an ECV while at the parks and shes is short. We were wondering if she would be able to see. Looks like she has a good chance. Knowing every show is different.

is the WOC picnic area in one of these colors or is that a different location???
WOCColorMapPic.jpg

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but we did the AG dining package Friday night and had one wheelchair and one scooter rider in our party of four. We were taken to the area on the right that has four benches and is not colored any color. We were late to arrive so there was a row of people (in wheelchairs or sitting on the benches) in front of us. I really thought we had a very good view. The folks to the right of us up against the railing had what I would call an excellent view. We felt the spray mist 4 or 5 times and it was chilly that night (this was the 10:15 showing). I wouldn't want to be in the front sections - you would get soaked. And I feel they do a good job of not overcrowding the middle sections. There were a lot of people, but definitely not sardined in. It seems it's up to lady luck weather you get tall groups or toddlers on shoulders in front of you - we had neither - that determines the quality of your view.

We did AG and arrived the MINUTE we could for the seating. We were one of the first one's let in around 7:15 to the "green" preferred area and went over to the side section of the green that is lengthwise. On the picture it is to the right. We stood right next to that lamp and if you notice there is that big planter in front so we thought no one could stand in front so NO problem. WRONG. To our right if we were looking straight ahead (left in the pic) there is that wall and people put their kids on top of it and then people stood on the stairs directly across from us at the bottom of the circle. Between those two things it completely blocked our view. I think if we had gone in and went straight to the bottom railing we MIGHT have been able to see but again I guess it depends on if any tall people were in the yellow or blue sections below. I agree it is really a crap shot and it should NOT be for how much money you are spending. I think for at least THAT section people should be allowed to sit or something. Fine let the walk ups or fp's stand but if you are paying 200 bucks you should at least be guranteed being able to see!!

I am glad some people were able to see but we were VERY dissapointed and doubt we will try it again even though we think we know where to stand next time. I think we will try the picnics and hope we get a lower section and just bring ponchos!

We did AG and arrived the MINUTE we could for the seating. We were one of the first one's let in around 7:15 to the "green" preferred area and went over to the side section of the green that is lengthwise. On the picture it is to the right. We stood right next to that lamp and if you notice there is that big planter in front so we thought no one could stand in front so NO problem. WRONG. To our right if we were looking straight ahead (left in the pic) there is that wall and people put their kids on top of it and then people stood on the stairs directly across from us at the bottom of the circle. Between those two things it completely blocked our view. I think if we had gone in and went straight to the bottom railing we MIGHT have been able to see but again I guess it depends on if any tall people were in the yellow or blue sections below. I agree it is really a crap shot and it should NOT be for how much money you are spending. I think for at least THAT section people should be allowed to sit or something. Fine let the walk ups or fp's stand but if you are paying 200 bucks you should at least be guranteed being able to see!!

I am glad some people were able to see but we were VERY dissapointed and doubt we will try it again even though we think we know where to stand next time. I think we will try the picnics and hope we get a lower section and just bring ponchos!

I would not be happy if I did not get a good view, but I am 6'4" so I should be able to see most of the show.

Jack

Yeah after asking the people putting their kids on the wall to please NOT do so and them flat out ignoring me or playing "deaf" I just finally got frustrated and went and stood in the back by where that trash can was. I was really peeved cuz we got there almost 2 hours early and had to sit on the pavement, then stood for almost an hour only to NOT be able to see. When I left my spot my kids were still standing there and the jerk who put his kids on the wall with his wife then took MY spot next to my kids and he was at least 6'3" or more so I am certain he could have probably seen where he ALREADY was standing. So what little I COULD see before was now COMPLETELY blocked. I just despise rude people who think they have priority over everyone else.

This too was after a lady tried to push her kid into me when we were at first standing. I was closest to the lamp and had maybe 2 or three inches gap between my and the lamp post and I obviously wasn't RIGHT on top of the lamp because then it would be right in front of my face. My mom was RIGHT next to me and then my two girls and so on down the line with other people along the entire fence. Well this lady pushes her kid into this few inches next to me and the kid starts elbowing me in the ribs, stepping on my foot and I was like Kid if you think you are going to bug me till I move you can forget it! I had been there for 2 hours and they had JUST walked up! GRRRRR And of course after ALL of that she couldn't see of course so then they moved anyway but it just was REALLY annoying!!

This is all so discouraging! I may try to move my dining option to later in our stay, if I can, and try the picnic on the first night. If we have any luck with the picnic, just cancel the dining and be done with it! I'm just not sure I want to potentially devote 2 nights to Woc. I guess you kind of know by 8 - 8:30pm whether you have a good spot to see, so you could just give up, leave, and head over to DL for fireworks and forget about WoC for that night.

I think if we had gone in and went straight to the bottom railing we MIGHT have been able to see but again I guess it depends on if any tall people were in the yellow or blue sections below.

This is where we stood. The lower level is a good 2 feet or more below this terrace, so no one standing in it blocks your view. :thumbsup2

We were one of the first one's let in around 7:15 to the "green" preferred area and went over to the side section of the green that is lengthwise. On the picture it is to the right. We stood right next to that lamp and if you notice there is that big planter in front so we thought no one could stand in front so NO problem. WRONG.

So, the railing up front was open at that time, but you just didn't choose that area?

Did you find it hard to hang out there for 2 hours waiting for a show. I'm really nervouse we'll need a bathroom break and will lose our spot. Do they sell any refreshments? I guess we'll need to bring our own.

We didn't go to the front because we were told it was the "wet" zone and we didn't have ponchos however AFTER we had gotten our spot and that part was full THEN we saw them walking around selling ponchos! Go figure LOL. And yes they do sell food and stuff in the area. At least where we were. I am sure in the rest as well. They were selling cotton candy, popcorn and drinks. I would try to go to the bathroom BEFORE you get in there if you can. We had to go but held it because we didn't want to lose our spots either. If you can have someone stay behind and "save it" I am sure it would be ok but the farther up front you are the more of a pain I am sure it would be to get back there. We were towards the back so it prob wouldn't have been as bad but it got REALLY packed in towards the front and in that circle.

NOW that I have done it once I would love to be able to try and get in either the yellow or blue front sections or at least the front of the green but not sure I want to risk spending the money again and be dissapointed. That is why we are thinking of trying the picnics but I guess there is no gurantee you can get the front part of the yellow or blue with those either so not sure but those sections seem to be the best so if there was a way to guarantee getting those I think it would be ok but again like I said it seems to be a crap shoot since you just don't know.

I agree it is really a crap shot and it should NOT be for how much money you are spending. I think for at least THAT section people should be allowed to sit or something. Fine let the walk ups or fp's stand but if you are paying 200 bucks you should at least be guranteed being able to see!!

I agree with this statement completely! I considered doing AG seriously but after the reviews I just don't think it's worth it unless Disney can figure something out. Maybe move portable risers (like a choir stands on) into the preferred section. Set them up before the shows begin and move them out when it's over. I know it would require more manhours and labor and they might not be able to cram as many people in, but it would allow people who are already willing to shell out the big bucks a much better chance of seeing the show.

That was my point as well. I have done the fantasmic three times. Twice at the river and once on the balcony and while it was quite expensive it was SO worth it to me to get the wonderful view and seating and we very much enjoyed our food. All three of these were before the boxed meals that they have now so I don't know how that is but it was a very nice occasion and we very much enjoyed having a nice chair and a guaranteed view.

There were 4 of us and my one daughter is only 10 but had to pay the "adult" price and eat the adult selections and let me tell you I am sure there are MANY 10 year olds that prob wouldn't eat ANY of the adult choices on that menu. I am just fortunate that I have a child that likes to eat many types of foods. But even at that she barely ate half of her meal. So it was tough to pay 37 bucks for her but we didn't mind at that point because we figured we were doing it more for the tickets! Well then to come and find out we didn't even get to see anything. Well THAT was dissapointing.

And my mom is close to 70 and it was REALLY hard for her to sit on the concrete for almost 2 hours and THEN to stand for ANOTHER hour. She managed but normally she would not be able to do it. She has really bad knees and can't usually get down to sit on the ground and it hurts her to stand still for long periods also.

I think it is fine to have areas where people can stand and cram them in all you want but if you are going to offer a preferred area I see NO reason why you can't have seating or at the bare minimum let them sit on the ground!!! With an unobstructed view ie don't let anyone stand in front of them in that section. I have a feeling over time there will be several complaints and it will eventually change! Just a hunch! ;)

If we have any luck with the picnic, just cancel the dining and be done with it!

This is exactly what I ended up doing when we saw WOC on June 19th. I specifically purchased the picnic meals for the first night so we would know if we wanted to dish out serious $$$$ to see WOC. I think the show was great, but based on the standing arrangements, I did not want to pay $38 for each of us. I cancelled my reservations at AG after that. Also, it seems like if you're willing to stand in line for a bit you can get FP's w/a good viewing area OR if you arrive to the FP machine later, they might have added fp's for the 11:15pm show. This is what happened to use once when we got to the FP machine around 1pm.

The problem with FASTPASS is that you could wait in line all morning or you could be the first one into the park and still get one that's in the crummy red zone...

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but we did the AG dining package Friday night and had one wheelchair and one scooter rider in our party of four. We were taken to the area on the right that has four benches and is not colored any color. We were late to arrive so there was a row of people (in wheelchairs or sitting on the benches) in front of us. I really thought we had a very good view. The folks to the right of us up against the railing had what I would call an excellent view. We felt the spray mist 4 or 5 times and it was chilly that night (this was the 10:15 showing). I wouldn't want to be in the front sections - you would get soaked. And I feel they do a good job of not overcrowding the middle sections. There were a lot of people, but definitely not sardined in. It seems it's up to lady luck weather you get tall groups or toddlers on shoulders in front of you - we had neither - that determines the quality of your view.

We were in the same handicapped section and could barely see anything. Besides being too low that we couldn't see the bottom half to a third of the water projections, some idiot put his kid on his shoulders and made a 10 ft tall person in our view. The CMs and security walked by and did nothing. It's like they didn't even care to notice. I'm not going back for quite some time if ever. We spent $200 on dinner for a party of four only to not be able to see the show. I'll just watch it from the balcony of my villa when I stay, thank you very much. Even if I can't see the water projections, I won't be wasting my money to not be able to see anything.

We were in the same handicapped section and could barely see anything. Besides being too low that we couldn't see the bottom half to a third of the water projections, some idiot put his kid on his shoulders and made a 10 ft tall person in our view. The CMs and security walked by and did nothing. It's like they didn't even care to notice. I'm not going back for quite some time if ever. We spent $200 on dinner for a party of four only to not be able to see the show. I'll just watch it from the balcony of my villa when I stay, thank you very much. Even if I can't see the water projections, I won't be wasting my money to not be able to see anything.

As I understand it some CM's are actually suggesting that parents hoist kids onto shoulders to watch the show.

I bet they were getting lots of "kids can't see the show" complaints, but now I bet they start getting lots of "kids on shoulders are the only ones who can see the show" complaints.
Hmmm, what to do, what to do.

Maybe Disney should have taken a lesson from movie theatres. Does anyone else remember trying to see a movie in a theatre without stadium seating? Depending on who was in front of you it could be downright miserable, and a movie screen is up high without any eye level stuff like WOC has. Is the concept of providing a tiered, or at least sloped, viewing area (especially when everyone is standing) really that hard to understand?

I'm really surprised the CM's would suggest that. The first time a kid falls on the pavement while dad is trying to get the kid on his shoulders... well we all know how much people love to try and sue.

As I understand it some CM's are actually suggesting that parents hoist kids onto shoulders to watch the show.

I bet they were getting lots of "kids can't see the show" complaints, but now I bet they start getting lots of "kids on shoulders are the only ones who can see the show" complaints.
Hmmm, what to do, what to do.

Maybe Disney should have taken a lesson from movie theatres. Does anyone else remember trying to see a movie in a theatre without stadium seating? Depending on who was in front of you it could be downright miserable, and a movie screen is up high without any eye level stuff like WOC has. Is the concept of providing a tiered, or at least sloped, viewing area (especially when everyone is standing) really that hard to understand?

I just hope that there is a major refurb this winter and they work it out so everyone can see. I just reviewed a tape that I took from my balcony at the VGC, and I had a better view there, than what I saw from the WoC viewing area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter