Wonder's EBPC 9/12/14 Who's Going With Us!

While I have a few minutes before I have to leave the house for the day, I want to make an announcement to all my fellow cruisers of this group. Due to a family matter, I must step down as the "go to" person of this group. I won't be able to spend much time here on the DIS Board for a while. Not sure how long yet either. Our son needs some help and I will be spending time at his home with him. I will be around from time to time, but I just can't devote the time to our thread and give it the proper attention it needs and deserves to make this the best thread here on the DIS Board. I tried to make this thread fun and exciting for everyone, and with all of your help and ideas, I think we were a success.

Beverly, (DisneyMouseHouse), has graciously agreed to take over the thread. She will be starting a new thread for us, renaming it so she has the first post, and taking care of everything for everyone. I know she will do a GREAT job for all of us. This is a great group of people on this thread, with allot of wonderful ideas and suggestions. I thank you all for all of your help and suggestions to make this a great thread for everyone. I look forward to meeting everyone once we all get on board the Wonder in September 2014.:thumbsup2

While I have a few minutes before I have to leave the house for the day, I want to make an announcement to all my fellow cruisers of this group. Due to a family matter, I must step down as the "go to" person of this group. I won't be able to spend much time here on the DIS Board for a while. Not sure how long yet either. Our son needs some help and I will be spending time at his home with him. I will be around from time to time, but I just can't devote the time to our thread and give it the proper attention it needs and deserves to make this the best thread here on the DIS Board. I tried to make this thread fun and exciting for everyone, and with all of your help and ideas, I think we were a success.

Beverly, (DisneyMouseHouse), has graciously agreed to take over the thread. She will be starting a new thread for us, renaming it so she has the first post, and taking care of everything for everyone. I know she will do a GREAT job for all of us. This is a great group of people on this thread, with allot of wonderful ideas and suggestions. I thank you all for all of your help and suggestions to make this a great thread for everyone. I look forward to meeting everyone once we all get on board the Wonder in September 2014.:thumbsup2

I"m so sorry, David, pixies and good thoughts for you and your son and family. Hope you can drop in every so often to push us, we will certainly miss you! :hug: Look forward to meeting you next year!!

Sorry, I should have included that info. They specifically said that everyone must be within their booking window. Meaning, a platinum can't just book us all. Instead, the platinum has to wait for us to book. Sorry :(

That's what we were told when we tried for our December cruise.

That's really funny, because we JUST did the EBTA and we were told it would not be a problem, that we just had to supply everyone's ressie number and get it done. In fact, I know our EBTA group had TWO Palo group brunches on the cruise (with different people in each group.)

It's not booked on line like other things are, you deal specifically with someone in charge of group-type items like private alcohol tastings. I have that person's contact information and I do plan on contacting them to find out for sure, as I am SURE they have better info than anyone at the "normal" DCL number (from experience!)

I'll check it out and let you know when she gets back with me what the scoop is, but since it's so far out, we probably won't be able to get confirmations until about 30 days out (that how it has always worked in the past)

Beverly

Good wishes to you David, and I did PM you with my reply - but I will post the info here too:

I have started a new thread for this cruise, and I am working on getting the first page info updated with all of what David has on his first post. The new thread is here and you are welcome to start posting on that thread now if you would prefer. Eventually, when IrishCowboy gets to it, this thread will be closed and moved here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3144990

I do have a couple of questions/comments, tho....

For the Palo Group Brunch.......I know there is some debate on whether this is going to be allowed, however, I will continue to keep the sign up list up and going.........since it is such a long time until our cruise, things WILL change and we'll just have to adopt a "wait and see" attitude. I will try to find out what is going on as of now, but no guarantees that will be the case in 15 months, either.....

There was also a car pool list - can someone please tell me WHO was heading that up so I can get your contact info on the first thread in case someone has questions? Thanks so much!

Beverly

I finally made it through ALL of the postings. This is the busiest group I've every been with. I know everyone likes Palo's brunch but Triton's will have their brunch menu almost every day of the cruise and can accommodate more people. It's just a suggestion. Also if you order the chocolate souffle from your head server in the main dining room on the first night sometimes they can get you one without having to go to Palo's for dinner (if that's the only reason you go). This looks like a great group to travel with.
No longer possible, as Eje commented too many people were doing this. HOWEVER! If that is all one wants - go to Palo (dressed correctly of course) and ask to sit at the bar.

Good luck with the family - keep us in the loop please.

Cayla

You can pre-book 1 brunch and 1 dinner prior to sailing. You can ask for more once onboard the ship, but you can only pre-book 1 of each. Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

If they still allow the group brunch (just e-mailed the contact person I know on shore-side) then they count that as your one allowed - so you can't book another one on-line prior to boarding. However, you can always try to get a second ressie once on board (and on a 14 day cruise, it's possible you can get more than two!)

Same with dinner, they usually have something set up on debarkation day on the ship with the people from Palo taking ressies for those that didn't pre-book.

I would, however, recommend going there as soon as you can as they do tend to book up fairly quickly!

I finally made it through ALL of the postings. This is the busiest group I've every been with. I know everyone likes Palo's brunch but Triton's will have their brunch menu almost every day of the cruise and can accommodate more people. It's just a suggestion. Also if you order the chocolate souffle from your head server in the main dining room on the first night sometimes they can get you one without having to go to Palo's for dinner (if that's the only reason you go). This looks like a great group to travel with.

Then you are a better person than I because I know I won't be able to do that (read all the posts) even from when we were gone earlier!

That's a GREAT idea - if we did Triton's we'd just have to "warn" them - they'd make every effort to sit us all together (we did a PJ breakfast on the EBTA and it was a LOT of FUN!). Let me see what I can find out, and of course, we can always do both! :) Would you like to head up the list? ;)

Beverly

I'd be up for a ladies mani-pedi get-together somewhere mid-cruise. Usually, I just get a polish change on my nails; I don't like the full mani but professionally applied polish seems to stay on much longer than when I apply it. I'm sure I'll be ready by mid-cruise! I usually book spa treatments (massage, etc.) while on board. I look for specials or a day when I'm really feeling the need either after a long excursion or particularly active day.
Kidlette, you up for starting a sign-up and figuring out availability for those interested? If so, David could probably add that to the first page of 'group' activity sign-ups.
Maria

I'd be glad to add that to the new thread, Kidlette, just let me know info and what you'd like them to do - if you would let me know the info and stuff, i'll add to the first page of the new thread!

Beverly

DH is a photog...Med photo tech in the Navy and very passionate about his photography. He's teaching me. He was saying the morning of the canal crossing would be an awesome time to do one of those...and the last lock is after dark...we got up at 4 AM on our NYC cruise to nowhere to get shots sailing back into NYC and we got some GREAT shots on that trip.
Unfortunately, my iMac has had a stroke or something, :badpc: (no worries all photos are on a separate hd) but they are not attached to my laptop nor do I have a photobucket acct.
I'm in for any photo opportunities.....as I know DH will be as well!!!

And, well, I GUESS you can twist my arm on the chocolate-alcohol thing....I GUESS!!! :lmao:

Glad to hear the photos are safe and hope you get things sorted out so you can get access to them soon.

The photo walk sounds amazing. Games could be fun too.

Wow what great ideas!!! I would love to do a photo walk and maybe get some pointers.
Chocolate tasting sounds yummy!::yes::

I be more than happy to arrange some photowalks. There is no need for any signups, but always nice to know if people want to come and get an idea how many. I will figure out some decent times when photowalks might be good and post the times and dates as well meet up place(s). On the last cruise we did 2 that I lead, one was a early 6am sunrise walk, the second one was a sunset walk with close to full moon around 9pm late on in the cruise. I offered a alternative date early on in the cruise for anyone that wanted for a full moon walk (me and DW had a palo dinner that night so I couldn't join but would be a good photo op for anyone that wanted).

Normally I'm not a morning person, but on our 14 night EBTA cruise, by the time we crossed over and the morning we arrived to Maderia I woke up way early and ended up going on a photoshoot as we approached Maderia and got some nice sun rise pictures, lo and behold same thing happened on the morning we arrived to Gibraltar.

A photo walk could be fun, especially while going through the locks. With a 1 year old though, it might be kind of hard to arrange if it's too early or too late. We'd love to try and attend though!

As for alcohol, we don't drink - at all. We're usually the "party poopers" of EVERY group we do. Don't get me wrong, we love to have fun (obviously, we love Disney), but we just don't drink. It's not a religious thing or a recovering addict thing, we just don't drink. I LOVE chocolate though! :rotfl2:

Think it would be amazing if we arrived to the enterance of panama canal in the morning, would make for some great pictures I think. Is the passing through the canal single day even or do we spend more than a day passing through? If the later that would make for a great sunrise as well sunset photo opportunity.

Would love to have you join, the more the merrier. The sunrise well being the cruise is in Sep wouldn't be to awful early but would be early for sure (7am maybe / guessing here right now) . The sunset I would guess would be around 8-9pm, bit of trouble for anyone with late dining but I think since it's just a one time event, skipping regular dinner and just get something in the buffet could be worth it, or if it's late enough, with good servers and by skipping desert could easily make it.

Sorry to hear, hope nothing serious. Take care of what you need to. I might be partial but I'd say you left the group in great care (with my DW).

No longer possible, as Eje commented too many people were doing this. HOWEVER! If that is all one wants - go to Palo (dressed correctly of course) and ask to sit at the bar.

Cayla

Thanks for verifying that Cayla. Didn't know you could go sit at the bar and get one, great idea and suggestion.

Eje

Think it would be amazing if we arrived to the enterance of panama canal in the morning, would make for some great pictures I think. Is the passing through the canal single day even or do we spend more than a day passing through? If the later that would make for a great sunrise as well sunset photo opportunity.

In 2008, we were at the head of the canal by 6:30 because they wanted to be pretty close to first if not first in line and we started through the canal around 8 or 8:30 in the morning. We exited the last lock after sunset, probably 7:30 -7:45. I do not it was almost dark by then!!!

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out ok.

Good wishes to you David, and I did PM you with my reply - but I will post the info here too:

I have started a new thread for this cruise, and I am working on getting the first page info updated with all of what David has on his first post. The new thread is here and you are welcome to start posting on that thread now if you would prefer. Eventually, when IrishCowboy gets to it, this thread will be closed and moved here:

I do have a couple of questions/comments, tho....

For the Palo Group Brunch.......I know there is some debate on whether this is going to be allowed, however, I will continue to keep the sign up list up and going.........since it is such a long time until our cruise, things WILL change and we'll just have to adopt a "wait and see" attitude. I will try to find out what is going on as of now, but no guarantees that will be the case in 15 months, either.....

There was also a car pool list - can someone please tell me WHO was heading that up so I can get your contact info on the first thread in case someone has questions? Thanks so much!

Beverly

Hi Beverly, I have the car pool list. I thought David posted the Google Doc link on the first page. I will send it to you; it may be better to just have people message me and then I'll send the link. Looking forward to hearing back!
Maria

We'll miss you David. Praying that all works out well for your family! Looking forward to meeting you at Disneyland!
Maria

Hi Beverly, I have the car pool list. I thought David posted the Google Doc link on the first page. I will send it to you; it may be better to just have people message me and then I'll send the link. Looking forward to hearing back!
Maria

I've got the list posted on the first page of the new thread here:
i just didn't know who was in charge of it, and wanted to get that info on there - thanks so much, I will put your handle in there for contact info............

Beverly

I noticed that several of you have now posted on the new thread - can we please move it there (even tho IrishCowboy hasn't closed this thread, it will be closed soon, I am sure) - this way we get all the NEW stuff on the new thread! (see link above)

You've done a great job, David, and I join everyone in wishing you all the best. Come back and check in with us from time-to-time, and meanwhile, we hope your family situation resolves well and happily.

God speed!

Richard

Wow what great ideas!!! I would love to do a photo walk and maybe get some pointers.
Chocolate tasting sounds yummy!::yes::

Do me a favor fill out the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mKORjZhrLIw0KFSvO_ddhegzwLlfW229MJ1-D4fqkU4/viewform this way I can easily keep track and send out updates to those that want to join on the photowalk.

DH is a photog...Med photo tech in the Navy and very passionate about his photography. He's teaching me. He was saying the morning of the canal crossing would be an awesome time to do one of those...and the last lock is after dark...we got up at 4 AM on our NYC cruise to nowhere to get shots sailing back into NYC and we got some GREAT shots on that trip.
Unfortunately, my iMac has had a stroke or something, :badpc: (no worries all photos are on a separate hd) but they are not attached to my laptop nor do I have a photobucket acct.
I'm in for any photo opportunities.....as I know DH will be as well!!!

Do me a favor fill out the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mKORjZhrLIw0KFSvO_ddhegzwLlfW229MJ1-D4fqkU4/viewform this way I can easily keep track and send out updates to those that want to join on the photowalk.

A photo walk could be fun, especially while going through the locks. With a 1 year old though, it might be kind of hard to arrange if it's too early or too late. We'd love to try and attend though!

If you can't join us on the date and times set well no harm done.

In 2008, we were at the head of the canal by 6:30 because they wanted to be pretty close to first if not first in line and we started through the canal around 8 or 8:30 in the morning. We exited the last lock after sunset, probably 7:30 -7:45. I do not it was almost dark by then!!!

Cheers.. That is great info. Appreciate the info.

Hey all! Just booked this one on the 12 Night Mediterranean last week... Got a tremendously great price and could not pass it up...

Just got off the Magic EBTA in Barcelona. Fabulous group! Anyone from the EBTA 13 going to be going on the EBPC IN sept '14? <hopeful>

DW and I were on the EBTA to Barcelona. We have booked a B2B in January out of Miami which makes us Platinums for the Canal cruise. We met several couples who had already booked the PC cruise so we are looking forward to seeing friends again. We are booked in a 6A cabin 6146 becaus we like the verandas.

We hope to meet many new friends on this cruise.

Jim and Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter