Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

I am getting really excited about this cruise. One of the reason I have always wanted to go to Alaska is to see wild Orcas. I just found out that there is a resident pod of Orcas at Victoria. So I may actually get to see Orcas on this cruise.

Corinna

Hi Guys,
So I have finally recovered from my 4/22 MR cruise and gotten rid of my sea legs. The good news is I love my servers on the Wonder, loved my stateroom guy, and loved the ship so much I booked Alaska next July....so we must jump ship on this cruise...sorry everyone! I just couldnt resist!!!

I will update the first post to reflect I am no longer updating....I hope you all have a great time, I will be onboard about a month after you, save some mickey bars for me!

I am sorry that you won't be joining us, but I hope that you will have a wonderful time on your new cruise.

Corinna

Hi everyone! I am so excited for this cruise. Our crew is myself, my DH, and our 4yr old daughter. We sailed on the Magic last October and been dreaming about another cruise since. We plan on doing a few days at DL first and a night or two in Vancouver after. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!:)

Laura (Kairi)

Hi everyone! I am so excited for this cruise. Our crew is myself, my DH, and our 4yr old daughter. We sailed on the Magic last October and been dreaming about another cruise since. We plan on doing a few days at DL first and a night or two in Vancouver after. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!:)

Laura (Kairi)

welcome

Hi Folks :wave2:

My wife (Valerie) and I (Jeff) will be on board for this cruise. It will be DCL cruise #8 for us - once we complete #6 (PodCast Cruise 3.0 next week) and #7 (PodCast Cruise 4.0 in December).

We are also semi-seriously considering adding on the first Alaska cruise of the year to make this a B2B.

Thank You, Now what is everyone planning on doing in San Franciso, is anyone planning on renting a car or van and doing a little sight seeing?:drive:

I wasn't planning on doing any driving, but will be interested to see what shore excursions are being offered by the ship. The wine country is a big temptation for us but we've never been to SF before so I suspect we will just be in the city.

I know we will be going to Boudin Bakery for clam chowder in a bread bowl each day! Might even hit up the cafe in Macy's for a change from the main bakery at Fisherman's Wharf. We'll also have to have a sundae at Ghirardelli Square. We might take a walk around China Town and hit a bakery or 2 there, we found them the last full day of our week long stay there a couple year's ago.

I also want to go to the Disney Family Museum.

Those sound like good suggestions. And the Disney Family Museum is a must for us.

We are thinking about Boudin, Ghirardelli, and will probably head over to USF to visit some of my hubby's professors and friends. We aren't renting a car but are also comfortable with the bus system. If I beg really nicely, I may be able to talk him into taking me down to Union Square... but only if he doesn't remember the damage I did last time!

Hi everybody! :)

After long months of waiting for the 2013 WBTA to be announced and then finding out yesterday that there won't be any :sad1:, we have decided to join you all on this cruise (and, if we keep focused on saving money, stay on for the first Alaskan one).

We are DH (36 at time of cruise) and me (39). We are from Germany, don't have any kids and this will be our 5th (plus maybe 6th) cruise, all on DCL.

Looking forward to spending a fun time on this thread waiting for May 2013 to roll around,

Annichan

Hi everybody! :)

After long months of waiting for the 2013 WBTA to be announced and then finding out yesterday that there won't be any :sad1:, we have decided to join you all on this cruise (and, if we keep focused on saving money, stay on for the first Alaskan one).

We are DH (36 at time of cruise) and me (39). We are from Germany, don't have any kids and this will be our 5th (plus maybe 6th) cruise, all on DCL.

Looking forward to spending a fun time on this thread waiting for May 2013 to roll around,

Annichan
Welcome. There seem to be more and more of us that are doing B2B cruises with the first AK cruise.

We just got back from our 1st cruise on the Fantasy in the Eastern Caribbean and we're hooked. We took advantage of the onboard booking and now we are going to be joining you guys in May 2013 on this cruise.

Our party includes Chad (spouse extraordinare), Gabby (7), Christian (4), and me (awesome mom deluxe). We booked the same category (9B) and loved it!

I'm hoping I can take advantage of this Meets board more this time than I did last. I am also really looking forward to meeting the Wonder :)

Charla

We just got back from our 1st cruise on the Fantasy in the Eastern Caribbean and we're hooked. We took advantage of the onboard booking and now we are going to be joining you guys in May 2013 on this cruise.

Our party includes Chad (spouse extraordinare), Gabby (7), Christian (4), and me (awesome mom deluxe). We booked the same category (9B) and loved it!

I'm hoping I can take advantage of this Meets board more this time than I did last. I am also really looking forward to meeting the Wonder :)

Charla
Disney Fantasy 06-16-2012
Charla, WELCOME! I had been booked on the Fantasy cruise you were on since January of 2011, and I recently had to change dates to an August cruise. There were a lot of great folks on that one, hope you had an awesome time on the Fantasy. You will find the Wonder much smaller, but a lot of us like the 'coziness' of it.:grouphug:
Disney Fantasy 06-16-2012[/QUOTE]

Charla

Welcome on board.

Corinna

Welcome. There seem to be more and more of us that are doing B2B cruises with the first AK cruise.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I've noticed how there are quite a few of us who will be doing B2B. These two cruises taken together just have such a great itinerary, I would find it really hard to decide between the two of them!

We booked this cruise and the following one while we were on the Hawaii cruise - looking forward to it very much! These two will be our 6th and 7th cruises. We're on a 3-day Bahamian for Valentine's Day to get to Gold CC level. This will be me (Penny) and DH Bob. It's been 30+ years since the last time I saw San Francisco - anyone have good ideas for the two days there? All of the ports on this and the Alaska cruise will be new to us! Can't wait to meet you all :-)

We booked this cruise and the following one while we were on the Hawaii cruise - looking forward to it very much! These two will be our 6th and 7th cruises. We're on a 3-day Bahamian for Valentine's Day to get to Gold CC level. This will be me (Penny) and DH Bob. It's been 30+ years since the last time I saw San Francisco - anyone have good ideas for the two days there? All of the ports on this and the Alaska cruise will be new to us! Can't wait to meet you all :-)

Welcome on board. We also booked those two cruises on the Hawaii cruise, but I don't think we have met.

Corinna

I've lost track.....who all is going on this cruise and the 1st AK cruise?

I know we are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter