..."WOLFS DANCE ORLANDO"...NEW "THE WOLFS DANCE CHRISTMAS" Our video Christmas c

You're daughter is so cute! "I want to do it again" - brilliant comment, and such joy on her face. Loved your son's t-shirt too, very cool. Thanks for sharing!

Best dang trip video I have ever seen :thumbsup2

i showed the kids and now they want to do the same thing...guess I better pack my dancin shoes :lmao:

Great video! Your family is adorable :goodvibes I love the, "Yeah. Kind of" -- sooo cute!!

I miss WDW now ;)

Loved the video!!!!! Your family looks like one that has a lot of fun and enjoys being around each other.

And absolutely LOVED your son's shirt!!!! I needed one of those when I was a kid!!!! :jumping1:

THAT's how I want MY trip to be!!!!!!!

How did you keep the video camera dry? Wonder if it's worth picking up a Flip for the trip (ours is circa 2000) or would I be disappointed in the quality???

Did your kids get tired of you making them sing the song all over the parks???

Just wanted to let you know I have a flip and love it!!! And the quality still very good..................definatley worth looking into in my opinion for price and convience you cant beat it...also you can edit your videos from the flip software!

OMG that was awesome! You all looked like you had the time of your lives (well we do too -but I can't imagine DH and the kids dancing and singing, lol).

I'm going to show them this tonight. I wonder if I can inspire them. I loved the T-shirt and I can't imagine holding the camera on the rollercoasters and water rides, lol!

Great job and thanks for sharing - that made my afternoon!

But it led me to a few questions.

Cast members usually wouldn't dance with us (although I only asked two or three). Are there guidelines that restrict them from this?
No ... but remember that CMs aren't there just for your enjoyment :goodvibes, they're actually WORKING. So their first duty is to their jobs. And it's hard to keep an eye on crowds or sell merchandise or control a parade route or manage a character if they're dancing with a guest. Also ... you're a perfect stranger, you want them to dance and then you're going to video tape it. Think about that. Those CMs have no idea what you're going to DO with that video. You could be making them look stupid, or putting captions underneath that are sarcastic or otherwise "un-Disney." You oculd be putting their faces on naked bodies and posting it on YouTube. They don't know. In this day and age, you can't be too careful. And ... well ... some of them maybe just can't dance! :banana:

My daughters wanted to do silly faces with the princesses, but I told them not to. Do the princesses ever ham it up for the camera, or do they stay in regal character?
The princesses will NOT do "silly faces" or ham it up. Not only is it out of character and inappropriate, but it can actually get them reprimanded. Again ... no one knows where those photos are going to end up. Disney is very very proprietary when it comes to its characters.

Disney allows camcording on almost all their attractions, while Universal tries to forbid it on almost all theirs. Anyone know why this is?
Just personal preference, probably.

Is there a logical reason that you can't camcord in dark shows like Monster's Inc. Laugh Factory? Our daughter was featured on her birthday, but we didn't get video of it. (Flashbulbs I understand, but low lux camcorders don't make sense.)
Many MANY guests abused this priviledge when camcorders became popular. Bright camcorder lights were everywhere. It's easier to simply say, "no video recording" than to say "no video recording unless your video camera doesn't have any lights that will bother anyone else." ;)

Have any of the attractions ever tried selling videos of you on the ride? It was a little nerve-wracking carrying the camcorder on the roller coasters.
I'm surprised they let you. On some of the coasters, that could be a huge hazard to other guests, should you lose your grip! :scared1:

:earsboy:

What a awesome video!! It really shows that Disney is meant for fun, and sometimes you have to put all your planning aside and enjoy your vacation(what a crazy idea) Thanks for brightning my day! Also I am so stealing your sons matching not matching shirt idea for my son hope you don't mind!:goodvibes

Thanks again. This is the first time I've made a video on my own, so there was somewhat of a learning curve. I'll try to answer some of your questions and sum up some of my thoughts about camcording in the parks.

EQUIPMENT
I used a Sony Mini-DV tape camcorder for the dry stuff. I may upgrade to a hard drive camcorder. But nowadays, the internet is where video is heading, so I think your flip camera will do great. If you think you may want to show it on a large TV, though, you'll probably want a higher quality camera.

The wet and underwater video was shot on an Olympus Stylus 1030 SW. (SW as in short for "swim".) It's a great underwater camera we got last year. At the time, it was the only waterproof digital compact around. There are more out now if you Google "waterproof camera".

PREPARATION
We came up with the idea to do a music video just a couple of hours before we were heading to the airport. (We were tired of videotaping stuff, and then never watching it, and were considering not bringing the camcorder.) I quickly downloaded the song and tried to get it memorized on the flight out, making mental notes about what video would go with different parts of the music.

CAUTION: If you want make a video for YouTube, BE FOREWARNED: Many songs are now being muted by YouTube because of a fallout with Warner Music Group (WMG) who wants more money from YouTube. Thankfully, my song wasn't affected, but I didn't even know there was an issue until I got back. (Google "YouTube WMG" for more info.) Make sure your song isn't owned by Warner.

DANCING WITH THE KIDS
Most of the questions were about the taping itself. I'll try to get back to that after I finish up my work day. (Gotta go. I get more icy stares being the boss than I ever got being an employee!)

Absolutely loved it. So cute. I am really impressed the boys went along with it. Your family must get along well. I can't wait to show my kids, although I know they will then want one and I am not sure I can get my DH to dance or sing anywhere. There will be families dancing and singing all over disney now! Can't wait to hear all the details of what you used to put it all together. I may have to invest in a better camera and some software!

Great video! It has inspired us for our next trip.

To help answer your question, the best place to get cast members to dance with you is at the extra hours dance parties. We have video our our kids dancing with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and other Disney playhouse characters at the Disney Playhouse block party at Hollywood Studios. They do it every night they are for EMH and alot of people don't know it's there. We also have video of them dancing with the support staff that comes with the characters. Since they are there to dance, they dance.

Magic Kingdom sometimes has block parties with Lilo and Stitch and other characters and I have seen cast members dancing there as well.

Hope that helps.

Great video! It has inspired us for our next trip.

To help answer your question, the best place to get cast members to dance with you is at the extra hours dance parties. We have video our our kids dancing with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Goofy and other Disney playhouse characters at the Disney Playhouse block party at Hollywood Studios. They do it every night they are for EMH and alot of people don't know it's there. We also have video of them dancing with the support staff that comes with the characters. Since they are there to dance, they dance.

Magic Kingdom sometimes has block parties with Lilo and Stitch and other characters and I have seen cast members dancing there as well.

Hope that helps.

I never knew about this. I can't believe we missed it. We got them dancing at the Disney Studios Parade, but it's only in the video for a second or two.

The Hollywood Studios party is an absolute must for us one every trip. They characters do several dances with the kids, including Hokey Pokey, Macarena, electric slide, break dancing. They dance to popular music - Hannah Montana and other Disney stars. When Pluto and Goofy come out, they play "Who let the dogs out."

Pure Disney fun for the kids. Looking forward to our September trip. By the way, from one Big 12 state to another - Go Huskers!

GREAT video!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Made me smile and want to book another trip!! :)

Loved your video you have a beautiful family! my kids love that song and wanted to watch it over and over! Very clever idea! I just wanted to add that we got Tigger Pooh and Eyeore to dance with us in the shop in England at epcot while the "beatles" ( name escapes me right now) were playing outside, one of the hightlights of our last trip.

This was absolutely precious! I watched it first and then called my 8 year old son in to watch it with me again. He loved it!:yay: He laughed all the way through it. We leave next weekend and I believe you have influenced our trip! I'm sure I'll be seeing "copies" of your video during our trip from my son.:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter