WOC Viewing Chart

Depends who you talk to. The boardwalk section (in the splash zone) of yellow is supposed to be a great view. But, chances are good that you'll get wet. On the other hand, the beautiful pics a couple of posts above were taken from the light blue section of that map (I think). Looks like a pretty darn good view of the show to me!:thumbsup2

Where does the pre-show entertainemtn take place? Is it only in one place, or does it move around. Can it only be seen from certain viewing areas?

Thank you all so much for the advice here :cool1:

We saw WoC twice - both times from the spot shown above (photo in post 53) and the view was perfect :cloud9:

We had decided to go for the 11.15pm show both times (just not worth it to us to spend hours getting a fastpass then waiting for the show, and we are fortunate enough to have a daughter who can easily stay up that late). We got fastpasses mid-afternoon (the first time we went over at approx 12.30pm to get fastpasses but they were still for the 10.15pm show. We went back an hour or so later and by then they were giving out fps for the later show, we got blue. The second time we waited until 2pm to go over, and got blue 11.15pm show again). Both times there was no wait for fps, only a couple of families there as well as us.

The first time we joined the blue line at 10.30pm, round by the Bugs Land. We waited there until the 10.15pm show crowd had emptied, then once the line moved we just walked straight round to that spot, as everyone else was rushing forwards to get closer. We even heard CMs even telling people that if they just waited by the railing they would get a great view, much better than trying to squeeze in by the front ... but people just ignored them and carried on pushing their way forward! There were a few people near us but nowhere was it two people deep - you could have walked up halfway through the show and got a great view from there.

The second time we just joined the line once it started moving just before 11pm - this time the line was round near the sunshine plaza but it moved really fast, and again 'the spot' was free :cool1: So we had literally walked up for fastpasses, then showed up 20 minutes before show time ... and got a perfect view! :cool1: :cool1:

Wow, I am feeling like I need to take a class just to figure out how to see this show! :faint: I will be visiting with my 1-year-old grandson and don't want to rush to the park and stand in line for a fastpass or do the dining package, though I might consider the picnic option if that would help with getting a spot. I don't want to have to get there too far ahead of time and wait with an inpatient toddler; I just want to get a halfway decent spot where I can put him up on my shoulders and watch the show. We will be there in October when the park closes at 8 and there is just one show at 8:15. Do I have a chance if I don't get a faspass and just show up 20 minutes before the show? :confused:

Wow, I am feeling like I need to take a class just to figure out how to see this show! :faint: I will be visiting with my 1-year-old grandson and don't want to rush to the park and stand in line for a fastpass or do the dining package, though I might consider the picnic option if that would help with getting a spot. I don't want to have to get there too far ahead of time and wait with an inpatient toddler; I just want to get a halfway decent spot where I can put him up on my shoulders and watch the show. We will be there in October when the park closes at 8 and there is just one show at 8:15. Do I have a chance if I don't get a faspass and just show up 20 minutes before the show? :confused:

You will need to get a Fastpass one way or another in order to gain entrance to the Paradise Park viewing area, regardless of when you arrive.

OK, thanks. So in other words, it's really not a fastpass, but more like a ticket to the show, as in if you don't have a ticket you can't get in at all. I thought the "fastpass" just meant you would go in ahead of those without one. They should call it something else because it is confusing. I will probably go ahead with the picnic meals then rather than waiting in line for the fastpass.

OK, thanks. So in other words, it's really not a fastpass, but more like a ticket to the show, as in if you don't have a ticket you can't get in at all. I thought the "fastpass" just meant you would go in ahead of those without one. They should call it something else because it is confusing. I will probably go ahead with the picnic meals then rather than waiting in line for the fastpass.

I totally agree that Fastpass is just the wrong term for them to use. It confuses people. Call it a Showpass, Entrance Pass, Show Ticket.....ANYTHING but a Fastpass!

Your grandson, because he doesn't need paid park admission, won't need a Fastpass, so you would only be required to purchase your own picnic meal, if that's the route you decide to take.

Question about the picnics - do they give out blue first and then yellow? Is the order you get yours determined by how early you purchase online or how early you pick them up?

AND one more thing - Can I go in and save a couple of spots and have my daughter join me with the baby a few minutes before the show starts? That would solve a multitude of issues.

Hmmm..that's a great question, Karylrocks. I wish I knew the answer. Hopefully someone has some insight on that.

Question about the picnics - do they give out blue first and then yellow? Is the order you get yours determined by how early you purchase online or how early you pick them up?

AND one more thing - Can I go in and save a couple of spots and have my daughter join me with the baby a few minutes before the show starts? That would solve a multitude of issues.

I've wondered this too. I wonder if it depends on how many meals AG and WCT do. Or as you noted when the picnics were ordered.

If it was on the order they were picked up that would most likely mean the people who preordered would get yellow, because the people buying them the same day would be inclined to show up early to make sure they get them at all and get the blues.

I thought that if you purchased the picnic, you get a ticket to the Preferred Dining section. Is that not the case?

If you purchase the picnic you get a blue or yellow fast pass. Only those who do the sit down dinners at AG or WCT get the preferred viewing area.

It is my understanding that if you preorder your picnic meal, you will be getting FPs for the FIRST showing of WOC. Those who show up earlier get the blue and when those run out they start passing out yellow FPs. If you _walk up_ and order a picnic, I understand that you are given FPs for the SECOND showing of WOC (blue and then yellow).

Of course, this was during the busy season. I've no idea how they are going to adjust the system now that they will supposedly be scaling back to two or just one showing of WOC. :confused3

If you purchase the picnic you get a blue or yellow fast pass. Only those who do the sit down dinners at AG or WCT get the preferred viewing area.

It is my understanding that if you preorder your picnic meal, you will be getting FPs for the FIRST showing of WOC. Those who show up earlier get the blue and when those run out they start passing out yellow FPs. If you _walk up_ and order a picnic, I understand that you are given FPs for the SECOND showing of WOC (blue and then yellow).

Of course, this was during the busy season. I've no idea how they are going to adjust the system now that they will supposedly be scaling back to two or just one showing of WOC. :confused3

So then, is the only advantage of buying the picnic is that you don't have to wait in the FP line? Do you also get let into the veiwing area earlier than the people who got their same colored FP ticket by waiting in the FP line?

So then, is the only advantage of buying the picnic is that you don't have to wait in the FP line? Do you also get let into the veiwing area earlier than the people who got their same colored FP ticket by waiting in the FP line?

The advantage is you don't have to spend time waiting in the FP line and you could plan to come to the park later in the afternoon (or evening) rather than having to be there early to wait in line to get a FP.

No, everyone waits together and no one gets to go earlier because they got their pass from a picnic or a dining package.

I have never seen WoC, but it seems to me the trend is that people get pretty pushy and try to wiggle their way in. I think perhaps if you had a group of people and a person or two comes in later it wouldn't be as big of an issue as just you trying to hold down the fort.

I'm going to bring a blanket and hope it works the way a jacket laid on a theater seat works (but again, I'll be with a group of people with only a few coming later). You're going before we do or I'd let you know how it works out! :goodvibes

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I have the AG dinner package for the 8:15 show in mid October during the week. Should I line up at 6:45 to get a good spot?

Also, many people talk about getting a spot on a bridge. Is this for the preferred dining viewing areas or for the "blue" area? And if not what should my plan of attack be for getting a good spot. I tried to follow the chart that showed the blue/yellow/red areas but it is very confusing especially since I have never set foot in DCA before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have a question I hope someone can answer. I have the AG dinner package for the 8:15 show in mid October during the week. Should I line up at 6:45 to get a good spot?

Also, many people talk about getting a spot on a bridge. Is this for the preferred dining viewing areas or for the "blue" area? And if not what should my plan of attack be for getting a good spot. I tried to follow the chart that showed the blue/yellow/red areas but it is very confusing especially since I have never set foot in DCA before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Don't know about line ups with the 8:15 show but I suspect you should line up earlier if possible.

The bridge is the blue section.

What time is your AG res for?

Don't know about line ups with the 8:15 show but I suspect you should line up earlier if possible.

:scared1: Really? We have 5:30 reservations for AG -- I thought that would give us enough time (plus some extra). I guess we'll get right in line as soon as dinner is over???

I've seen conflicting charts about what area(s) are in the PD section -- any recommendations as to where to stand (and is there a place where we can sit before the show starts then stand during the show)?

Thanks in advance!;)

:scared1: Really? We have 5:30 reservations for AG -- I thought that would give us enough time (plus some extra). I guess we'll get right in line as soon as dinner is over???

I've seen conflicting charts about what area(s) are in the PD section -- any recommendations as to where to stand (and is there a place where we can sit before the show starts then stand during the show)?

Thanks in advance!;)
The viewing area for preferred dining is not ambiguous at all. See this link to S. S. Columbia's viewing chart.

If I were you I would do AG and go directly and quickly to the viewing area after. The thing that is hard to say is that with the 8:15 showing that is of course earlier than the 9Pm shows earlier this summer. For that we did AG at 5:30 and got to the queue at 6:50PM - for the 9PM show. From what I saw this past Sunday people started lining up at 7PM for the 9PM show. So I do not know about the 8:15 show. Not to worry you but to alert you - you will not have plenty of time. You should not delay.

Here is some info on our experience in July when we did AG too.

our dinner res is for 5 pm...Even if we finish dinner by 6 I really don't like the idea of having to wait over 2 hours for a show with a 6yo and a 4yo. I was hoping since we had the dinner res that we would be able to head in about 45mins early, 1 hour tops...wishful thinking i guess.

I am starting to think that Disney may have dropped the ball with how they are handling crowd control. Having to wait over 90 mins for a show during the off season is a little ridiculous imo...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter