WOC Viewing Chart

Does anyone know: Will the CMs let you enter the Wet Zone from the "Preferred Dining" area?

Thanks, in advance. :earsboy:

WOCCenter.jpg

Chart credit: actor4life18 (July 3) & "Disneyland 1951"

Have you seen a "Blue Bridge" FP?
Update: Just to be clear, the WOC FP Machines do not give out "Blue Bridge" FPs.

Anyone with a Blue FP can either choose to stand at the bridge or stand in the Blue section inside Paradise Park.

I've heard that many people go straight to the bridge even before Paradise Park is filled up. (Maybe they don't like waiting?)

(Some say that the view from the bridge isn't very good.)

WOCCenter.jpg

HTH :earsboy:

We had blue FP the night of the earthquake cancellation and got red FP as replacement the following morning. Would've been nice to get more central location but not complaining as kids enjoyed it from the red zone as we were right along the yellow side anyway.

Does anyone know if there is wheelchair access to the wet zones and if so how would you get there. Thanks for the help. Jean

(Some say that the view from the bridge isn't very good.)

WOCCenter.jpg

HTH :earsboy:

We were in the "Blue Bridge" area. Your chart isn't quite right. From where we were standing, the VIP section was directly in front of us and right next to that, to the left of the VIP section, was an arbor, so the Blue section definitely wraps around behind both those things.

Whatever you do, avoid this area.

Tracy

Here are a few observations from last night's show (July 22, 9:00pm):

First, I enjoyed the show! :wizard:

The Preferred Dining's Return Time was "between 8:00pm & 8:30pm," but guests started to enter at the preferred entrance at 7:27pm. Within 2 minutes, the entire front railing of the preferred dining section was full.

I stood at the front railing of the preferred section -- on the right side of the front railing (as you're looking at the "stage"). There are steps that go to the area that's between the yellow Wet Zone and red Wet Zone -- I was 10 feet from those steps. I wanted to be away from the steps, because I thought that someone might stand on those steps and block the view, but that couldn't happen. IMO any spot on the front railing of the preferred dining section will give you a good view.

This photo was taken at the height of the front railing, so this would be a child's view of the show from the front railing in the preferred dining section (the people in front are standing in the yellow Wet Zone):

100722231.jpg

This photo was taken during the pre-show. The "kids on shoulders" are in the yellow Wet Zone, and they don't block much of your view when you're in the preferred section.

100722227-1.jpg

Mike Wazowski says "Hi."

100722218.jpg

This photo was taken after the show, in front of the VIP section:

100722237.jpg

I didn't see anyone from the preferred dining section move to the yellow Wet Zone or red Wet Zone. There's a CM between the blue Wet Zone and yellow Wet Zone, and there's a CM between the red Wet Zone and the yellow Wet Zone. In general, the guests stayed in their sections.

Many guests in the preferred dining section watched from the "round" area. I think they wanted to stay away from the water, and since the front railing was full, they probably figured that they would have a better view standing back from the railing, a few steps higher.

It was not windy last night, so I only felt a light mist throughout the show. At the very end of the show, there was one moment when things were slightly wet, but only slightly. After the show I walked by the yellow and red Wet Zones, and the floor in those sections was really wet.

I've only seen WOC once, so I'm not an expert on the different views. If you want a completely unblocked view, then it would be better to be in the front railing in the yellow or red Wet Zone (the blue Wet Zone seemed too far from the center of the show). The show is very W-I-D-E, with things happening on the sides and not just in the center, so it would probably be a good idea to also see the show from in front of the VIP section.

It was a little chilly last night. IMO it wouldn't hurt to have some long pants and long-sleeved shirts. I wore blue jeans and a long-sleeved shirt and I was comfortable.

At 6:45pm I asked a CM, who was standing at the preferred dining entrance, where the line would form for preferred dining, and he unfortunately told me where to line up for the 10:15 show. So if you're talking to a CM, be sure to mention that you're going to see the 9:00pm show. The "preferred line" formed on the viewing area side, across from the "Palace of Fine Arts." The "preferred line" was long at 7:20pm -- if you want to watch from the front railing in the preferred dining section, my guess would be to arrive around 6:45pm, but that's only a guess.

Hope this helps. :earsboy:

We were at last night's show as well, my guess just a little down from you. We got front center of the preferred view area by the rail. We arrived at 6:45 and asked 4 different CMs where to go and got 4 answers. I followed the advise of one and it just so happened I chose right so we were the first group walked down to the area. I was pretty damp after the show though, I brought dollar store ponchos for the kids to wear so they wouldn't be cold after.

Here are a few observations from last night's show (July 22, 9:00pm):

First, I enjoyed the show! :wizard:

The Preferred Dining's Return Time was "between 8:00pm & 8:30pm," but guests started to enter at the preferred entrance at 7:27pm. Within 2 minutes, the entire front railing of the preferred dining section was full.

I stood at the front railing of the preferred section -- on the right side of the front railing (as you're looking at the "stage"). There are steps that go to the area that's between the yellow Wet Zone and red Wet Zone -- I was 10 feet from those steps. I wanted to be away from the steps, because I thought that someone might stand on those steps and block the view, but that couldn't happen. IMO any spot on the front railing of the preferred dining section will give you a good view.
Thanks for the report! :worship: A few questions if you have time during your trip! ;)

1. I know you recommend 6:45, but what time did you arrive at the waiting area for WOC preferred? What time was your AG meal? Were you rushed?

2. It looks like from your photo that below the preferred railing in the yellow wet zone there is a rope with a walk way. Do people walk through there during the show? Do they stop and watch and lift their kids up in the walking area? Or is the walking area kept clear by watchful CMs?

3. Did people take their kids off their shoulders for the actual show?

4. Was there any chance of being able to make it down from the preferred area to the yellow wet zone railing? What time did people fill up the yellow wet zone railing and the red wet zone railing?

Thanks again. :goodvibes

FWIW, SSC knows this but the HydroFamily arrives at DLR on Monday and have an AG res for WOC 9PM show on Wednesday. So I will add my experience to everyone else's next week. :woohoo:

I am going to try and get a solo FP for WOC Monday night so I can check out how the lines work before we actually go to see the show. But I am going to skip actually watching the show Monday. I will just scout. And unless we are underwhelmed by WOC we plan to watch WOC again next Friday with regular FPs.

Wow. Is it really worth it to wait hours to see a water show (I don't mean that in the rude way, but in I wonder if it is to me or not). I'm starting to question my interest in seeing the event. I had been very excited about this later in the summer with the dining reservation. I wanted to show up at the 8:30 time on the fast pass ticket. Would I at least still be able to get into the dining reserved area then? I'm just not a waiter.

A shame they can't sell $500 tickets to the VIP section or something.

We were at last night's show as well, my guess just a little down from you. We got front center of the preferred view area by the rail. We arrived at 6:45 and asked 4 different CMs where to go and got 4 answers. I followed the advise of one and it just so happened I chose right so we were the first group walked down to the area. I was pretty damp after the show though, I brought dollar store ponchos for the kids to wear so they wouldn't be cold after.
I'm glad that "Silence" was smarter than I was. :goodvibes

FWIW, the following info might be helpful to someone.

According to a CM at the WOC entrance:

The line for the preferred dining (10:15pm show) is near the Water Wheel area:

100722198.jpg

And according to a CM at the Water Wheel area:

On the right side in the next photo, you can see a brown pole and a black lamp, which is apparently where the front of the line for the preferred dining (10:15 show) starts (opposite the San Francisco bathrooms):

100722200.jpg

At 7:15pm one of the Lead CMs was nice enough to let me wait near the front of the line for the preferred dining section. :wizard:

:earsboy:

1. I know you recommend 6:45, but what time did you arrive at the waiting area for WOC preferred? What time was your AG meal? Were you rushed?
The servers are pretty quick at Ariel's Grotto. We ate outdoors around 5:00pm, and we were easily done with our meal in an hour. There was some confusion, as explained in the previous post, but Silence arrived at 6:45pm and was able to get a front railing spot in preferred. :thumbsup2

2. It looks like from your photo that below the preferred railing in the yellow wet zone there is a rope with a walk way. Do people walk through there during the show? Do they stop and watch and lift their kids up in the walking area? Or is the walking area kept clear by watchful CMs?
Once the show started, I don't recall seeing anyone walking through the walk way in the yellow Wet Zone. I would say that it was kept clear. I think that if you're at the front rail in preferred, then you're really not going to have an issue with kids on shoulders. You're standing above the Wet Zone, and the WOC show is very large. There are going to be some people in your view, unless you're standing at the front railing in a Wet Zone.

The first photo in post #31 was taken during the show, and the photo doesn't have any kids on shoulders. Even if there were, it's a large show, so if there's a kid's head 20 feet in front of you, it shouldn't be much of a problem (JMHO ;) ).

4. Was there any chance of being able to make it down from the preferred area to the yellow wet zone railing? What time did people fill up the yellow wet zone railing and the red wet zone railing?
I didn't see anyone move from the preferred dining section to a Wet Zone. The preferred dining section opened at 7:27pm, and for at least 10 minutes there weren't any other people in the yellow or red Wet Zones IIRC (except for some guests who were using wheelchairs). A few guests arrived at the front rail in the yellow Wet Zone, and they were giving each other high fives :woohoo: and then for a few minutes there were still some open spots along the rail in the yellow Wet Zone. The Wet Zones filled up slowly, although I don't recall when they became full.

Thanks again. :goodvibes
You're welcome! :earsboy:

Thanks for the report! :worship: A few questions if you have time during your trip! ;)

1. We had a 5:00 reservation and finished dinner at 6:04. We sent on screaming and then a little shopping (we needed some new pillow pets so we could sit on them while we waited for the show!) We arrived at 6:45. We sat down on that round circle planter area at the end of the pier? I can't remember what it is exactly. We were on the side facing Grizzly. When they started putting up ropes, they told us to move behind the rope. Now, at this point, there were probably 100 people lined up behind that rope, many of whom already knew the drill. This however is for the color sections, NOT preferred dining. On the exact opposite side of this planter area, there is a white sign, this is where you enter for the preferred dining "holding" area. I recommend lining up in the far right corner once inside this area. Some people just sat down, and then people were in front of them when they started walking people down. We walked down STEPS, so if you have a stroller, they took a group in through the handicap ramps and they arrived after our group.

2.At one point a group of people came and sat/leaned up against the railing right in front of my 7 y/o DD. They were only there maybe 2 min before a CM came over and had them move. Those walkways are used by the entertainers in the preshow and I also didn't see anyone walking here during the actual show.

3.I didn't see any kids on shoulders during the show. I was worried for my DD and DS, but both said they could see just fine even with the really tall men standing in yellow.

4.I thought there was a group that came into the preferred area that decided to go down to the front. I could be mistaken, but they wanted a closer view and arrived about 8:00. I didn't see anyone stop them when they went down.

One vent about our night though, some pushy woman came up and pushed her child in front of my husband and I and pushed my daughter over away from us. She kept saying, "I'll stay back here but he needs to see". I was NOT happy. There are better ways of handling it, and pushing your child in front of me when we got there so early was not the way. We politely asked the child to switch with my DD so she could stand next to me and the woman got snotty with my DH. Anyways, it was quite rude. If she had asked politely, no one would have minded. It was also irritating because she kept reaching past and pushing DH to check on him and he kept walking back and forth to her and the spot. Anyways....just had to get that off my chest.

Why oh why do they have people standing. This show isn't up in air like the fireworks! I can't lift my child. I sure as hell can't put him on my shoulders and I am sure the people in back of me wouldn't appreciate that. Why not let everyone sit down?

Any advice for someone with a small unliftable child?

Why oh why do they have people standing. This show isn't up in air like the fireworks! I can't lift my child. I sure as hell can't put him on my shoulders and I am sure the people in back of me wouldn't appreciate that. Why not let everyone sit down?

Any advice for someone with a small unliftable child?
Get there early and get to the front where there is a railing. Either get a FP or get a dining reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter