• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL Through Expedia

leecoke

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of booking a somewhat last minute trip to Wilderness Lodge. I was checking Expedia and they have something listed as "Woods view - value-Great Escape" at more then $80 a night less then rack rate for Standard View rooms on the WDW site. Any know anything about this? Are they just rooms they have prebooked and they are getting rid of? Are these the same as regular Woods View rooms? If anyone knows, please let me know.
Also if I book through Expedia, can I still get a discount on tickets through the WDW resrts site? Thanks!

Lee

The "great escape" rate is the same rate that you would get through disney using the latest room only code ("BDP" I think).

Expedia essentially purchases options on rooms at disney, so sometimes you can find rooms at a discount on expedia that you can no longer get through WDW. I have used expedia for reservations at WDW when expedia was showing a discounted rate that I could not get through calling disney directly. We were treated exactly the same at check in, and I haven't heard of anyone paying for a particular view through expedia and not getting it. Once you check in, you enjoy all the same privileges as any other WDW resort guest. You should know that expedia cancelation policies are a little more stringent ($25 to cancel even more than 6 days out) and you have to pay the full price of the room as a deposit on booking, usually.

As for your question about passes, if I'm understanding you, the advance purchase ticket prices for hoppers and the like are the same whether you are a resort guest or not.

Be forewarned though, there are some people who have reserved through Expedia and then not had a room at all and have had difficulties getting their money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter