• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WL, GF, or Poly

Any of the three you picked are great choices IMHO. My suggestion is this, look at the pictures of all the resorts and get a real feel for them and the theme they represent. Then pick your favorite. Each Disney Resort has its own group of followers, and that is because each theme appeals to different groups of people. Out of the three you picked, I would personally choose the Poly, I like the idea of the tropical getaway...

I would stay at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The one bedroom villa affords the convenience of a separate master bedroom, so the little ones can sleep while you are "watching TV" ;). Also, you get a full kitchen (potential savings on meals), and a washer/dryer. The villas share all of the amenities of the WL, and have their own quiet pool as well. If the cost to pay for a room seems high, you may consider renting points from a DVC member; the cost to do that is often similar to costs to stay at a moderate resort.

The Poly. Why:

Two good restaurants - Kona Cafe and O'Hana.

Beach area where you can lay in a hammock and watch the fireworks from the hotel. We have small kids, and it's much easier to watch the fireworks from the hotel and then put the kids to bed instead of having to fight the crowds in the park and keep them up later.

We got a ground floor room in a building facing the MK - it was fabulous. Kids could run around outside and I got nice pictures of them on the beach.

Pool is nice.

You can take the monorail, or walk to the TTC and take the boat to MK - it's a nice ride.

I've stayed at WL and it's nice, but I LOVED the Poly.

Go with your heart. It's your first trip and it should be everything you dream. Your 3 year old won't mind where you stay.
Wl is fabulous! Just take your breath away gorgeous.
Gf is wonderful too but I don't like it as much as WL.
Poly, if someone offered me a free trip and it included the Poly, I'd refuse it and that is no joke.

I have stayed at all three resorts and agree with the above statement. The boat ride itself takes 10 minutes from WL to MK and has no stops. We have stayed at WL about 25 times, GF 8 times and Poly once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter