(Wizard 101) Quest Tips & Help Thread!

I need to take on Sunken City too...I can be on at 9pm EST... if you need an extra, post here and I'll meet up with you.
Sure - give me your title. Shelby Nightwalker is me :P Tell me where to meet you. My partner and I would love to help you out. His title is William Nightstrider. We are both level 21 Pyromancers.
I have no idea how many (or few) there are going to be. If we have too many for one group, I'm sure we can figure something out. Edited to add: I was posting at the same time, Diva and OctoPie. The more the merrier, I say!

Time: 9:00 Eastern/6:00 Pacific
Realm: Ambrose, Area.2

My wizard is Kenneth Dragonheart, Level 16 Pyromancer.
FYI, the wizard arranging the meet is Keelan Ironwalker, Level 18 Conjurer.

Hope to see you there! :wizard:

Stating the obvious, but you did check your bank in your room right - jic it was stuck there on accident?
Believe me, I've checked (and checked, and checked again!) From posts on the Wizard101 message boards, there are quite a few of us having problems with various staffs. Either they don't show up at all -- or they can't be equipped if they do!

Just a little tip. To get out of Krokotopia and move on to the next
world you are going to have to team up with a friend. Otherwise you will be taking on
4 baddies by yourself. At first I didn't care about friends, now
I pick up as many as I can get. (Thanks, Liam for getting me through
the last qwest).

Actually this was all part of the plan of the KingsIsle designers. I mean
this IS a MMO. What's the point of multiple players if you are not at
an advantage by teaming up.

I'm on to World 3. And believe me you need friends there, it seems as ANY
amount of dueling takes friends, or at least one of the spells which attack
multiple monsters with one thrust.

p.s. Once you get to World 3, you will need to do a lot of shuttling
back to Wizard City and Krokotopia (so you won't get homesick for
your old battlegrounds <grin>)

Good luck to all. If you see me in there, please ask me to be your friend!

Malvin Anvilbreaker
Adept Conjurer
Level 26

I would like to thank Kenneth ThunderCloud, whoever you are, for helping me out in the game last night. It was fun.

I finally got past the first golem quest and was very upset that they wanted to send me back in there to battle again and go to the next floor. It was hard enough getting to the first one. I will try to tackle that once I get more experience, and better spells.

I made it to level 11. I don't know how you all move up so fast. I guess I should concentrate on cleaning up the quests in wizard city before following friends to other lands.

Rowen DragonFlame

(who will always be known as Fly)

It has been pointed out that when we were accepted for beta we all agreed to not disclose the game mechanics. You can read it on the official forums the whole spiel as for right now, I removed the picture I posted preivously and I would ask you all on a voluntary basis to do the same. Going forward please do not post any pictures from the game and I will be deleting them without notice if they are posted.

For right now feel free to ask for help, but try to keep the game mechanics off discussion as I believe its the game companies intention to keep that as a secret at this point still. Remember it is not a public beta and we were lucky to be invited.

Sorry for the downer :( We can still go about the typical discussions, lets just try not to get ourselves booted from the beta :rotfl:

It has been pointed out that when we were accepted for beta we all agreed to not disclose the game mechanics. You can read it on the official forums the whole spiel as for right now, I removed the picture I posted preivously and I would ask you all on a voluntary basis to do the same. Going forward please do not post any pictures from the game and I will be deleting them without notice if they are posted.

For right now feel free to ask for help, but try to keep the game mechanics off discussion as I believe its the game companies intention to keep that as a secret at this point still. Remember it is not a public beta and we were lucky to be invited.

Sorry for the downer :( We can still go about the typical discussions, lets just try not to get ourselves booted from the beta :rotfl:

I wasn't thinking about that. Aengus, if you need me to, I can edit who I battled in Golem Tower, but I can't edit where I was quoted.

I would like to thank Kenneth ThunderCloud, whoever you are, for helping me out in the game last night. It was fun.
That would be me. :wave2:

ThunderCloud is my second wizard (Storm/Death), whereas DragonHeart was my first (Fire/Life). I wanted to try out a different build and am so far having a great time playing around with their abilities. Maybe it's because I have more experience with the game, but it seems that ThunderCloud is more powerful than DragonHeart was at the same level. He certainly has gotten some cooler clothes. :cool2:

I had a lot of fun fighting alongside you last night, Rowen/Fly. The baddies obviously didn't know what they were in for when they tried to take us on. ;)

I'll delete my pictures. Thanks for the heads up!
The mechanics of the game fly right over my head, Dude. I'm nowhere near where everyone else seems to be! lol I'm still running around the Old Town trying not to accidentally start battles when I'm down to almost dead...heh. Makes me wonder how many hours a day y'all have been playing! Eeek!

Has anyone completed the keeper of the fang quest? We defeated the 3 girls (Defender, Guardian and Protector). I turned the braziers in the Defender's room to the same color, Alias did the other 2 rooms (oblisks). Only his locks broke, mine did not.
Now the braziers do not have the x anymore and we cannot change them The oblisks are gone in the other 2 chambers.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks to Fly tonight for helping me with 'ole Wormguts! It sure helps to take friends with you. rofl

Sorry I disconnected while in that last fight. We replaced the modem and router
last week and week before last, and now I am suspecting we also have a loose cable between the router and the other box. Time to hit Radio Shack soon!;)
Of course this may be the computer's way of telling me to NOT SPEND SO MUCH TIME OH HERE! :lmao: :rotfl2:
Kim

Ive retried to load the game again and again and im still geting the black screen and the error thing on the task bar.....can any one help me? plz?

Ive retried to load the game again and again and im still geting the black screen and the error thing on the task bar.....can any one help me? plz?

have you tried their forums? I dont think any of us know enough about the game yet to know what might be happening to you.

I think this game goes way over my gaming skills... anyone remember all the questions I had just about VMK? Well VMK is a cake walk compared to this. I can play the faire games really well, and they are lots of fun .. but I have no idea how to do more quests. All I seem to see are people running everywhere :worried: Are there more instructions other than when you first start in the game? I feel like I'm just going round in circles. Am I missing something .. other than a brain :laughing:

have you tried their forums? I dont think any of us know enough about the game yet to know what might be happening to you.

thanks i didnt even think about the forums........i posted but it hasnt been approved yet so hopefully ill get this fixed tonight so i can play this seems like fun

I think this game goes way over my gaming skills... anyone remember all the questions I had just about VMK? Well VMK is a cake walk compared to this. I can play the faire games really well, and they are lots of fun .. but I have no idea how to do more quests. All I seem to see are people running everywhere :worried: Are there more instructions other than when you first start in the game? I feel like I'm just going round in circles. Am I missing something .. other than a brain :laughing:

Any time you see an (!) above someone, click on them for a quest or task. Also, if you see a (?) lit above someone, click them as well.

You did try changing your screen resolution didn't you? I kept getting that same
problem and have to set it every time now that I play.
Kim

I felt the same way the first few days. One thing when they ask you to do a quest go ahead and put it in your quest book. I didn't everyone that was asked, and am now having to backtrack to pick those back up.
But, hey I beat those old wussy trolls tonight! woot!:rotfl2:
Of course I've got those Cyclops ahead of me then the 'got to have a friend' quests. :)
Kim

You did try changing your screen resolution didn't you? I kept getting that same
problem and have to set it every time now that I play.
Kim

i havent tried that yet but i will now thanks

*update* i just tried that but i got the same problem

I lot of you may get to Level 3 in about a week.
(You'll think Krokotopia was a snap. Love those sidewalks.)

If you get to Level 3, will you leave me private mail?
(Don't want to spoil it for others.)

Da Wiz
Malvin Anvilbreaker
Level 25

Do you have a firewall installed? If so, try adjusting its settings.

On a separate note: BIG THANKS to Diva of Dragons for her invaluable assistance in Sunken City tonight.
You ROCK!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter