Wispering Canyon or Trail's End?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide between WWC and TE for a casual dinner. If we eat at WWC, we would be getting the skillet meal and eating "family style." We have eaten at TE before and know what to expect. We have read about the WC CM antics, but aren't sure if our two 12-yr olds will think that it is funnny or dorky. Will it be too obnoxious for my DH and I? Also, how does the food compare? And is there a big difference between the lunch and dinner skillets? Also, is the quality/selection of the skillet meal comparable to the buffet at TE?

Thanks for any help!:flower3:

We are trying to decide between WWC and TE for a casual dinner. If we eat at WWC, we would be getting the skillet meal and eating "family style." We have eaten at TE before and know what to expect. We have read about the WC CM antics, but aren't sure if our two 12-yr olds will think that it is funnny or dorky. Will it be too obnoxious for my DH and I? Also, how does the food compare? And is there a big difference between the lunch and dinner skillets? Also, is the quality/selection of the skillet meal comparable to the buffet at TE?

Thanks for any help!:flower3:

We've done both and prefer Trail's End. At WCC, the skillet is "all mixed up" so the grease from the chicken gets on the mashed potatoes, etc. The whole meal felt kind of greasy - tasty but greasy. The antics were okay - the ketchup thing was the most significant event, plus some waitstaff did announcements about individual tables, silly stuff about those people. Our table never got cleared so the dirty skillet stayed there and some little refill skillets were stacked on top. We barely had enough room for our plates.

If you do go and get the bottomless milkshake, I recommend getting it without whipped cream. It's much less heavy that way.

At Trail's End, everyone can get what they want and whenever they want it. The food felt fresher when I could get up and get a new plate, rather than have it all at once in the skillet, too.

A couple of us had indigestion from WCC but not from TE.

Good luck deciding! Just go with your own instincts and don't let other people's opinion sway you too much.

A couple of us had indigestion from WCC but not from TE.

Good luck deciding! Just go with your own instincts and don't let other people's opinion sway you too much.

I guess it all depends on what and how much you eat. I can see getting indigestion with a bottomless milkshake and everything else on top of it at WCC or just eating way too much at Trails End so it could happen wherever you eat. Trails End was good but i made sure not to make a pig of myself. Had i eaten too much fried chicken & ribs i could have also walked out of there with indigestion.

We were not fans of WCC. It was actually the only TS we didn't really enjoy.

We always enjoy eating at TE! We have a meal there most every trip! It is a nice break!:cheer2:

I ate at Whispering Canyon with my DD (who was 12) and my DS (who was 5). My daughter didn't care much for the antics, my much younger son got a lot more out of it (there is a parade on wooden horse for the kids, my daughter felt "too old" too take part. I didn't "love" the food either. We've never been to TE but if you have enjoyed it, the antics at WC are not enough to warrant the visit.

We have eaten at WCC twice and have enjoyed it both times. Dinner was the best with all the craziness that goes on (Don't ask for ketchup or a little more soda) My niece was four and loved it. I must admit it three adults were alod laughing.

We ate at WCC for dinner on our last trip and LOVED it!! The skillet was great, the caramel milkshake was wonderful, and the antics were alot of fun. The kids loved asking for ketchup, and got a kick out of running our ketchups around the restaurant. All the men had to get up and perform "I'm a little teapot" together multiple times. We got some great video clips. My hubby was a great sport and we all almost died laughing. :rotfl2: Definately a memorable time for our family.

Never been to Trail's end, but WCC is definately a must do for us.

Never done Trail's End, but still recommend it over Whispering Canyon (I would recommend anything over Whispering Canyon except Hollywood & Vine). We had the worse food and horrible service at WCC at dinner two years ago and we won't be going back. DH also got sick on the meat in the skillet -- and I know it was the meat because it was the only thing I didn't try after I was disgusted by the rest of the food served with the skillet.

Never done Trail's End, but still recommend it over Whispering Canyon (I would recommend anything over Whispering Canyon except Hollywood & Vine). We had the worse food and horrible service at WCC at dinner two years ago and we won't be going back. DH also got sick on the meat in the skillet -- and I know it was the meat because it was the only thing I didn't try after I was disgusted by the rest of the food served with the skillet.

Wow thats good you can narrow it down to one thing:lmao: alot of time when you get sick from food it can be anywhere from a day to a few days so to pinpoint it to that one particular meal im not really sure about that.

Wow thats good you can narrow it down to one thing:lmao: alot of time when you get sick from food it can be anywhere from a day to a few days so to pinpoint it to that one particular meal im not really sure about that.

Everyone is different in their reaction to things and how quickly they react. Since my DH and I ate the same things the two days prior, I am 99.9% sure that it was the chicken and the ribs--they were undercooked and fatty. But then maybe it was the crappy potatos, or corn, or beans or cornbread and I didn't get sick because I only took little bites because it was so disgusting that I left the restaurant very hungry. And perhaps because I ate so little it didn't effect me. The OP asked for opinions...and our opinion is that WCC is awful. Sorry if that offends anyone who likes the WCC, but we did not and we won't go back (the service alone would keep us away it was so bad).

I have not tried TE yet, but my family really enjoyed WCC.
Everyone ate lots and ate well. There were not a whole lot of "antics" going on, but the kids got a kick out of the waitress. When she brought us our drinks she threw the straws kind of up and they landed all over the table and she said "Here's your silly sticks." The kids thought that was so funny they were doing it for the rest of our trip......:rotfl: I guess you had to be there.

We would definately go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter