Wishes replacement?

Marley30

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Sorry if someone has already posted about this.. I don't usually keep up with rumours and I am also a long time reader but first time poster :) but I was wondering if there is going to be a wishes replacement soon? I just recently realized how many years it's been going on! Not that I want it gone, it's that I want it to stay; it's my favourite nighttime spectacular for sure.

With the 50th coming up, do you think or do you know of any rumours of wishes being replaced?

I have no idea whether there are plans to replace and they have updated the whole evening with the castle illumination and projections. To my mind I would be slightly sad when it does change, it never gets old in my eyes.

By projections do you mean celebrate the magic or that and wishes projections all changed?
And I agree. It never gets old!

I would disagree with this. It's not perfect Disney can and should do better. They have been working on a replacement for some time it's just if Disney will actually pay for it.
This close to the 50th, since they aren't doing any visible 45th, I expect they would save a new show for the anniversary promotion.

Wishes is tired and old. Time for an update. I'd imagine they'd try to implement what they did at Land for Mk 50th. Also, Celebrate the Magic is wonderful and the best show MK has right now, imo.

I get that Wishes is a classic, but it needs a replacement. It's just old. If Disney kept every single thing that was considered a classic, we would all be sitting on a dusty museum.

Combine Disneyland Forever's inmersiveness with Wishes' fireworks, and voila, you have a great new show.

I get that Wishes is a classic, but it needs a replacement. It's just old. If Disney kept every single thing that was considered a classic, we would all be sitting on a dusty museum.

I agree. I feel Wishes and Illuminations could both use at least an update, if not a complete replacement.

If we're going to see one the 50th would be the obvious time to do it, but if that's the case it's probably too soon for any solid rumors.

Or they could just give us cupcakes. Everybody loves cupcakes.

If we're going to see one the 50th would be the obvious time to do it, but if that's the case it's probably too soon for any solid rumors.

or they could just bring back and give everyone a carrot cake cookie. everyone loves a carrot cake cookie

Or they could just give us cupcakes. Everybody loves cupcakes.

or they could just bring back and give everyone a carrot cake cookie. everyone loves a carrot cake cookie

Maybe they will turn the castle into a giant carrot cupcake.

Maybe they will turn the castle into a giant carrot cupcake.

I would hope not; they already did something hideous like that already. :faint:

castlecake.jpg

castle illumination and projection cold be a phase in to reduce wishes. Was there last month and did the EPCOT tour. They took us backstage to show us the firework barges. The guide said it cost $65,000 a day for all the fireworks around Disney World. That comes out to $23 million plus a year. If can blend in the castle illumination and projection They can cut back on the fireworks to cut costs. They could be doing that now without notice.

I agree with some of the folks here that Wishes needs to be replaced since it's been there for over a decade and Disney could probably do something even better now. However, I will also be very sad when it goes away, the Wishes song that goes with it always bring a tear to my eye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!