Wishes FP+ Ending

I am so glad I found this thread, I thought I was going crazy.

I really wanted wishes FP+ for 4/19, but I missed the midnight window (I slept through my alarm), and when I tried to book 4/19 for Wishes is said "availability has ended for the day" - I was able to get FP's for 4/18 though. I also get "availability has ended" for 4/20 - and then it doesn't even show up for 4/21-4/24 (as far out as I can see with my reservation). I will be very interested to see what the deal with this is. I was planning a whole evening around my wishes FP, now I will just wing it.

Interesting if they are moving the dessert party. We have done it twice, during very busy times, since my mom hates crowds. I wasn't a huge fan, and I don't think the location of the current dessert party is great, but it was worth it for her.

I hope they have it when we go in June. I was really looking forward to not having to get a spot way early. I wonder if they are moving the dessert party down there.

I was able to book the desert party for June, but I was thinking of canceling and picking up a FP+. I really hope FP does not disappear....
Yes I just booked the Dessert Party for June just in case . I may cancel it depending on what happens.

I was able to book the desert party for June, but I was thinking of canceling and picking up a FP+. I really hope FP does not disappear....
If Wishes is at 10:00pm what would be the best time to book the Desert Party? We do not care if we see he parade but would like a good seat for the pre wishes castle show and then Wishes

If Wishes is at 10:00pm what would be the best time to book the Desert Party? We do not care if we see he parade but would like a good seat for the pre wishes castle show and then Wishes

I believe the reservations start at 9:00. Mine is at 9:05, but last time I went everyone was in line no matter their times and seats were assigned. Now it's first come, first serve, so people are lining up a half hour early just to get a close seat.

Since they just "updated" the party in January with new lights, tablecloths, moving the tables, increased price, etc, do you think they would just move the whole thing to the FP+ area? Or, would they make a new party that would be seperate? The potential of no chairs and lots of standing might turn people away from a FP+ area party. :(

Since they just "updated" the party in January with new lights, tablecloths, moving the tables, increased price, etc, do you think they would just move the whole thing to the FP+ area? Or, would they make a new party that would be seperate? The potential of no chairs and lots of standing might turn people away from a FP+ area party. :(
I believe the Dessert Party remains in the original location.

Beginning April 19th, FPs aren't available for Wishes, Illuminations, and Flights of Wonder. It appears that FP is being eliminated due to CM cutbacks in all resort departments.

Beginning April 19th, FPs aren't available for Wishes, Illuminations, and Flights of Wonder. It appears that FP is being eliminated due to CM cutbacks in all resort departments.

Oh, that makes more sense than a relocation. I've heard/read about the rumored cutbacks lots of places lately so it looks less like a rumor and more like the new norm.

Thanks!!

I agree. That makes more sense now in light of the stories about all the company-wide cutbacks.

Still crazy that they spent all that money preparing the area and now won't offer FP.

I'm thinking it's either to turn the space into an expansion of the dessert party...or, with the cutbacks in staff and staff hours, just eliminating it as you do need several cast members to corral this area every night.

I wish we could find out so I can decide what we will be doing. Wishes is my favorite thing at Disney.

I believe the reservations start at 9:00. Mine is at 9:05, but last time I went everyone was in line no matter their times and seats were assigned. Now it's first come, first serve, so people are lining up a half hour early just to get a close seat.
This is the first I'd read that the seating is not assigned now. So it's just a free for all now by who gets in line first, they get to pick their own table?

Stinks that they aren't assigning seats at the dessert party anymore. Felt rather civilized to not have to line up to get a good spot. Sigh.

Maybe they changed it because they aren't letting people stand at the rail, they don't want people saying you gave me a cruddy seat? I dunno, I give up LOL

Have we had confirmation that my absolute guess (but educated guess given my impression of Wishes FP) .... was correct ???

its also possible Disney has decided its just not worth it for them. From our experience there was quite a lot of crowd control/staffing needed for wishes FP areas, like quite a lot. People at the entrances, people in Guest relations folks for dealing with FP issues, more staff around each of the areas to keep people moving in the pathways, people inside the FP areas telling people to stand up, or move forward, etc etc. Lots of staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!