WISH Check in Week of June 22

Congrats to all the losers! :)
This week was so rough for me....and I managed to lose a pound! I can not believe it!!!!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
I was off WW on Fri night/Sat/Sun.......still watched portions and got some workouts in....I guess it helped!!!!

Thanks WISH friends for all your support.....

First week of WW, I lost 9 pounds!!! Turns out the first day I got up the nerve to weigh myself, one week ago today, was the first day of my wildly unpredictable visit from ummm... my friend. So I may have been extra heavy that day, but I'm taking it!

Congrats to all the other losers, too! And a great big THANK YOU for the wonderful support!

Off to figure out that clip art!

Well I'm late checking in and very ashamed - I know, don't beat myself up, but I have put on another 4 pounds. So that puts now only down 2 pounds from when I started. This also was a very rough week for me and I think I stress ate - last Friday was my mom's bday and I didn't make it to the cemetary and that bothered me, Saturday/Sunday I was at Relay for Life and stayed up all night (didn't sleep one ounce until 7:30am on Sunday and then it was only 3 hours). So my body has been off because I was eating through the night to stay awake and help with the stress - just was wrong. Actually I didn't eat alot of things but perhaps it was all the soda I was drinking to stay awake.

But now I'm trying to get back on it. And I just need to start finding time to get on that treadmill that is now sitting up in the bedroom collecting dust....BAD ME BAD ME!!!

CONGRATS to all that have lost this week and to all that have either gained or stayed the same - you came here and you are determined to keep going - good job!!!

:teeth: :teeth: :sunny: :sunny: :cool: :cool: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:
Hey! I think that low carb thing is really great!--Although I too am getting bored with the choices I have been providing to myself. I am wearing another clippie! Yep! I did it even with a business seminar I was at this weekend. Lots of food and alcohol and I did step off (just a bit--I found a way to get around some of the choices on my plate) except on Sunday. I went back to plan and everyone couldn't believe that I turned my eating around so instantly. I passed up EVERYTHING bad.

While I am losing, I need to step up my exercising a lot more. I need to strengthen and improve cardio more.

DH attended the seminar with me and did not gain, but did not lose. I am surprised at that because guys usually fare better.

To all my WISH friends:
--Don't give up if you are not losing. I almost did. Keep at it. Even if you don't lose, you are doing something healthy for you. Find a way and make it work for you. You are worth it.
--If you are losing...keep on kepin on!

Thanks for your posts--good and bad. You have truly been an inspiration for me.

Started a new WW group last Tuesday and I lost 4.6 this week--not bragging, cause it only leaves me 2 lbs to go till I'm back where I was before school got out. Oh, well, I'm back in the groove! My sister and her daughter are doing WW with me now, and they lost, too, and even more than me!

I'm proud of all us losers!!

<b>Dimplenose</b> Losing .5 pounds is really good progress. If you lost only 1/2 pound each week for a month you would lose 26 pounds in a year. Just think, that is one half pound closer to goal, one half pound gone forever. I think you are doing great. Just keep a positive attitude and celebrate your successes, no matter how small you think they may be, and you will reach your goal.

You sound a little disappointed this week. You should be feeling proud of yourself. You are progressing toward goal. Don't get too concerned about a number on the scale. That number isn't your goal, it is just a symbol of success. Your goal is to get smaller and healthier. You are succeeding. If you have been working out regularly it will show up on the scale sometimes as a slow loss, sometimes even a gain because you are replacing fat with muscle which weighs more. It sounds like you are doing that and that is a <i>good</i> thing. I'm proud of you--I sure hope you can be proud of <i>yourself</i>, you are <b>succeeding</b>. Good job this week.

Drink more water and smile, sweetie, you are doing just <b>great</b>!

<b>disnygoof</b> I love your positive attitude and the way you celebrate your success! Another 1.4 pounds gone forever. Good job! You have really had some great success with your weight loss endeavors.

I'm feeling pretty proud of you, your positive attitude is keeping me motivating and that is just what I need today--motivation! Be proud of yourself, you are on your way to goal and you are doing a wonderful job.

<b>jtbdas</b> I'm so glad you are part of my support group :) Our own Jiminy102 posts a check in thread each week, usually on Sunday. I love it for as many people as possible to check in each week. Reading about everyone's progress helps me to stay motivated.

I'll bet you do great this week. Onward and downward!

<b>kamgen</b> You must have internalized those WW principles to be able to lose a pound even though you had a few off plan days. That is excellent!

Another pound gone forever, you are doing just great and I am very proud of you. I can't wait to meet you at the WISH meet. I'm really looking forward to it. Cyber {{{HUGS}}} are great but not nearly as nice as a {{{HUG}}} in person. Prepare to be soundly {{{HUGGED}}} because I'm a hugger :teeth:

Have a great week!

<b>d.kurz</b> WOW! Losing nine pounds in one week is just terrific progress. It sure gives you extra motivation to see that kind of loss doesn't it? Good job, sweetie!

I'm so happy and proud for you, Dorothy. You are on your way to goal, for sure, and you are doing so well. I hope you are feeling proud of <i>yourself</i>!

<b>December99</b> Stop that! Stop saying "bad me". I won't stand for it, sweetie. You are such a special person and so important to my support group. I can't bear it to hear you sound so negative about yourself.

<b>I know, don't beat myself up</b>

You know that but you can't do that can you? Why is that do you think? You are a very competent and intelligent woman but you are not being kind to yourself, today. It's beginning to sound like I'm going to have to get in my little Escalade and make a road trip to Illinois but you sound like you are so upset with yourself that you wouldn't believe a word I said, even if I said it in person.

You just worked your little heart out on a very worthy charity raising funds to help <b>save lives</b>. Be <i>proud</i> of yourself. Do you have any idea how much I admire you for working so hard for a charity like this one? You didn't see <i>me</i> staying up all night working along with you, did you? You know what I think? I think <i>I</i> should be ashamed of myself and <i>you</i> should be proud of yourself.

You know what else I think? I think that working so hard and exhausting yourself for this cause isn't really why you needed to drink so much soda and eat off plan foods. Oh, that's what you told yourself....but I think that the true stress of this situation for you lies in the fact that you did this all in memory of your mother who you love so dearly and miss so very, very much. You are still dealing with your grief, Christine, you are still in pain. It takes a very long time to come to terms with a loss as huge as the loss of a mother. There is no timeline that says when you should be finished grieving, it's different for everyone. Don't rush yourself through this or you will make yourself ill.

Try not to feel guilty about not visiting the cemetery on your mother's birthday--don't punish yourself like that--just visit on another day. It's going to be alright, sweetie, it is just going to take time to get past the raw pain. I know that is a glib thing to say but it is true. {{{HUGS}}}

You have learned a very valuable lesson though, haven't you? You have learned that you need to plan carefully for a weekend like the one you just had. Plan what you will eat, plan what you will drink and take a cooler to make sure all of that is available to you when you need it.

You are back with us now, Christine. The weekend is past. You can focus on your goal once again and I'll bet that after a week of being back on plan you will see a lot of those recently gained pounds go away. Hang in there. You are back on the road to goal now, sweetie and that is truly all that matters. One day at a time, my friend.

<b>Tiger Lily 03</b> Look at that beautiful no clipart! Way to go! You are definitely on the way to goal. You are doing a great job, too.

I love controlled carbohydrate eating, too. I think it is just about the easiest thing to stick with when you travel, it is for me, at least. So are you following the Atkins nutritional plan or another low carb plan?

I'm really proud of you for not giving up. One thing I know for sure, if we give up and quit trying, we will <i>never</i> reach our goal. Be proud of yourself, sweetie. You are doing so well. I love your positive attitude!

<b>campingcorgi</b> You <i>should</i> be proud of yourself. You are back on track and headed to goal. Having someone in the family following the same plan you follow is a great help, isn't it?

Good for you for taking control and getting back on plan. You are going to do do great, I'm sure of it. You are newly determined and motivated now. That is key to success and you are succeeding already. I'm really proud of you for not giving up, sweetie. Way to go!

<i>I weigh in tomorrow. My rings are still cutting into my fingers, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. I know one thing for sure, even if I gain weight, everyone who has posted to the check in thread this week has proven to me that quitting is not an option. Besides, I plan to eat this way the rest of my life, what good would it do me to be impatient to reach goal? It's not like I am going to be eating offplan foods in the future, this is my plan for life :)</i>

Onward and downward, my friends. You keep me motivated!

Katholyn

Checkin in for this week. Well the scale still hasn't moved, so I'm still down a total of 9lbs. since starting WISH. Last week I said I was going to follow in Tracy & Karyn's footsteps and do the Fat Fast, well after talking to them and following their advice I went back on induction on Tues. instead ( only if this doesn't work then I'll do the Fat Fast)
***karyn & tracy did you get your PMbox straighten out & receive my PM's to you both?****
On Monday I started at the gym (ouch! I hurt all over)
But the great news is people are asking me "Have you lost weight":teeth: That means it's starting to show!!!!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Next week I'll grab my new clippie for sure!

lots has happened already this week and it's only Wed!! I admit I have cut down on my pc time and probably will until school starts back up. You know, pools, flowers, bike rides, just not enough time for it all:smooth:

Anyhow, I reluctantly WI this morning after yoga and discovered I am still maintaining 141. Oops, I just mistyped that at 151 and no, that would've even been too low last summer where I spent the summer around 155. So, even though I didn't lose, I'm thrilled that this summer I'm approx 15 lbs lighter than last (my weight fluctuated alot pre-WISH)

I have tried to kick back into gear on a challenge with TigH until July 4 and I was hopeful that may put me into the 130s, which I haven't been for almost 8 years! Well, if not by then, it will come. But I'm secretly WISHing for a visit from the Woosh Fairy before then!!

Tracy - you're into your size 6s!!!! yeeee haaawww!!!! well I'll be darned, I didn't realize you were such a tiny thing after being sooo upset about not losing. no wonder, you just don't have much more to lose!!!

Dec99 - Katholyn took most of the words out of my mouth (well I might not have been quite so windy :)) , but you are doing the best you can with each day. Remember, every day is a gift and should be treated as such. Life is just way tooo short to spend any amount of time or energy being so hard on yourself! Take a deep breath, the upswing is just around the corner my friend:)

Dan - Congratulations you big stud muffin! My 10 yr DD saw your before and after and was thinking you are looking like a real cutie :)

ok - that's all my memory could hold! I caught there was several other maintainers with me this week - ooooooohhhhh Woosh Fairy........................(in my loud overly-enunciated voice due to her hearing problem)

onward and downward!!!!!!

<b>MaMudduck</b> Having people ask if you have lost weight is more exciting than seeing a smaller number on a scale, at least it is for me.

Good for you for starting to weight train. That is going to help you get smaller faster. It may not make you <i>lose</i> faster, since muscle weighs more than fat but you are definitely going to be looking smaller. That's your <i>true</i> goal, after all. :)

I'm proud of you for not giving up. You are so determined and you are truly doing just great. You are going to reach your goal, it is just taking you a little longer than you hoped. You're going to get there, though, you just wait and see :) I'll bet you get to trade up to a new clippie next week.

Onward and downward!

Congratulations to all the losers, and everyone keep up the good work! Today was my weigh in and I am down 2 pounds for a total of 8!! I really can't see any difference in myself, but I tried on a pair of pants I haven't been able to fit into for almost 2 years and while they still look a little tight, I can get into them! And a friend of mine asked me if I had lost weight!! I when I first joined WISH, I never thought I would be breathing down the neck of the 10 Clippie :D

<b>giggles221</b> I <i>knew</i> you were going to be a success! I told you didn't I?

You have lost another 2 pounds, what marvelous progress you are making. Good for you! You're going to have that 10 pound loss clipart very soon, I'm sure.

It's a wonderful feeling to try on an article of clothing and find it fits better. I'm proud of you, sweetie. Be proud of yourself.

Katholyn

This is my first check in here at WISH. I started WW last year and lost 37 miles from January till Memorial Day. I went away for a weekend and just didn't get back into the grove. I gained weight slowly over the winter and DH went to Kuwait in March. I lost 5 pounds, but then once things started going better for us over there I gained weight from the stress of him being gone and missing him. I gained a total of 29 pounds back.

I started back on 6/2/03 and I have done very well this time. I lost 5.4 pounds the first week, 2.2 the second week and

3.6 this week!!

I even went to Virginia this past weekend to Bush Gardens. I was really afraid I would blow it! I did very well bringing my WW program on my palm pilot. I have all the food points on it and I used it while in the park. I kept it in my fanny pack.

We go to Boston for the 4th of July, and I am more confident now that I can do it. I also ate out 2 times this week and I stayed within my points for the day. Yeah!

I am so glad I found this part of the bulletin boards. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Melanie

I've stayed the same for the past couple of weeks now. I suppose I should be happy I haven't gained, but I'm still hanging in there waiting for next few lbs to come off. Tonight it was just way too humid for walking, but I'll do my indoor exercises in the AC house.

I'm not going to make a WI this week due to my work schedule and my girls dance scedule so I did a WI at home and it shows about a 3.5 pound weight loss. So add that to my 27 from last week and I have hit my first personal mini-goal! (which was 30 pounds by July 13th when we leave for NYC)

I feel really bad not being able to do an "official" result this week and I really need the structure of those meetings...but I just can't do it this week. One good thing is my scale is usually very close to the WW scale...I usually weigh myself just before I go to WI to see if I should be nervous about getting on their scale!

I should change my clippie to a 25 but I'm going to wait until next weeks official WI.

This is great news Nancy :)

I have to say that since being at Disneyland Paris last week and NOT keeping to my diet I have maintained my weightloss to 2lb. Haven't done any exercise this week either due to being in a really lazy lazy mood - back to the programme ;)

Go me, Go me!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Down .5 a pound for a total loss of 21 pounds since March 9th! Woo-hoo!

I read this thread everytime I see that someone else has posted. What an amazing group of people we are! I don't know what I'd do without this wonderful support system. To everyone who posts on this thread - I always have a great mental celebration for you if you've lost or maintained, and for the gainers, I am always sending pixie dust your way for a better WI next week! Hang in there!

My loss really pleases me as I had three cheat meals last weekend and a sneak weigh on Tuesday (I think) showed me up from last weeks WI (thanks to lots of sodium, I think). Anyway, I've been cheat free since Monday and plan to be cheat free until Friday the 4th, woo-hoo! Poor Ross is up 1 pound, I think he is really upset too (that puts him at 200.5, when last week he was down to 199.5) Poor guy, but he has lost some in the inches department, so he should be happy! I know if he can stay cheat free with me (and I'll do my darndest to make sure he does, but I can't stop him if he wants to have a drink or a nibble) then I know he will show a loss next Friday.

Last weekend I bought a new scale that also shows ounces just so that I could inspire myself with just loosing the ounces. I also purchased the Curves books and I have followed there recommended eating from Monday through today and I am happy to report that I have lost 4 lbs. This is the most I have lost since my first week. My total lost is now 18 lbs and I am seeing my new clippie in sight.

Everyone did a great job this week congrats and thanks for the inspiration that keeps me going.

Lyn:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Happy to report that I am down .5pds for the week, 8.5 since starting WISH and 37 total. I am not surprised with the amount lost this week as I haven't been exercising as much this week. I also didn't pick the best meal to have for dinner last night before WI (Mexican). It wasn't a scheduled meal, but that's OK. I set a mini-goal to have my 10# clippie by July 4th, so that means that I need to be down 1.5pds next week. Time to get back into more exercise and I will be more careful of our dinner the night before WI next week.:D

I love this thread, it is so inspiring to read all of your reports. Even if there is no loss or a slight gain, we are all in this together and have to remember that every week isn't going to show the progress like we would like to see. We just can't let it get us down and know that we are beginning a new week of WI's.

Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Happy Frrriiiiidaaaay!
I just thought I would check in to see how everyone else is fairing. I see a lot of progress here and how wonderful! Progress in losing -- yippeee!-- for the losers. Progress in staying in the game even if some didn't lose -- yippeee! -- for all who are not giving up!
Get your mind in it! Exercise your body and mind! Stay on target! WE can do it!
Now, get going.
:p :p :p

I'm checking in for the 1st time in a couple weeks after falling off the wagon....

No loss for me this week, but that's OK, I still feel great knowing that I'm back on the right track. I have regained a lot of motivation and I feel confident the pounds will be coming off eventually.

Great job out there to everyone who lost, maintained or just learned from a mistake! You're all beautiful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter