WISH Check in Week of June 22

I hereby volunteer to author a WISH faq or glossary. I don't know what WATP is. BF? What's Pilates? Measure what? Bust, hips, waist? Katholyn already explained ONEderland to me! Not familiar with Curves, either.

Weigh in for me is Wednesday. I'll be back then, but this thread is very inspiring!!!

The 1st week is always the hardest and I wasn't smart planing on what time of the month to start WISH.

Well with the help of Tracy's kick and everyone else I made it though. Although I didn't lose and weight I did lose 1/2 from the week before measurement(I never measure on BLOAT week).

So onward and downward toward those size 14 pants(hopefully will be leaving the 18's behind shortly).

Anyone want to babysit so I can spend more time walking. I tried taking them with me but we have to stop and inspect every flower ant and bug. Although it's fun I don't get much exercise.
Guess I got to get out those sing a longs for some marching.

I'm checking in.... but I don't have anything to report. Still stuck at the same weight, but feeling pretty good. Really enjoying Atkins way of eating - I'm never hungry, and I feel so free from cravings - for the 1st time in my whole life!

I like the way my clothes are getting looser - and I am determined to get the scale to budge at least a half pound this week...

I'm going to experiment with adding different foods and more frequent meals.

Good luck to everyone!
Sue

Originally posted by nativetxn
<b>DisneyMom</b> Slow and steady wins the race. Losing a pound in a week is excellent progress. The more slowly you lose the better chance you have of keeping the weight off. This is really good news for me because I lose pretty slowly :teeth:

Hey, Katholyn, want to know a secret? DisneyMom didn't go into details in this note, but she's not such a "slow and steady" loser at all! I hope she won't care if I tell you this, but she's lost 69 pounds since January 1 of this year!!!! How tremendous is that?

I'm really glad she's here, because I can tell she's the kind of determined loser who will be a wonderful part of our support group.

(I hope you don't mind my telling this, DisneyMom. We LOVE to have stuff to celebrate on our weekly check in threads!):)

This is my first check in, but I just joined on Sat. The scale said loss of .5 lbs, but it won't count until its been a week. (still doing Atkins, haven't changed yet)

For d.kurz:

I hereby volunteer to author a WISH faq or glossary. I don't know what WATP is. BF? What's Pilates? Measure what? Bust, hips, waist? Katholyn already explained ONEderland to me! Not familiar with Curves, either.

WATP: Walk Away the Pounds (exercise tapes)
BF: BoyFriend
Pilates: form of exercise (tapes of classes)
Curves: exercise "gym" Lots near me, the are popping up everywhere.

Anyone for the measure part? I don't want to know, I leave that to my seamstress.

D.Kurtz:

I will try to fill you in on what I know. WATP I think is Walk Away The Pounds. The BF I think is in regards to (that time of the month)

Most people measure bust waist and hips but the ones that go to curves have several more areas measured like calves,thighs,arm, and maybe even some more things. Curves is ans exersize place. If I understand it correctly there are 10 different stations /machines and you use each one for 30 seconds and then you move to the next one and so on.

Pilates is a form of yoga.

Well, I weighed in today and my weight has stayed the same. Although I was a little let down, I did expect it since my weight loss has been so big up til now. I knew it had to level off and that is ok. I was hoping to earn my 20lb clippie by 7/4 but we'll see. I will be happy with just staying focused and continuing to be a loser. Last week I lost 5 1/4in. and this week I lost another 3 1/2in for a grand total in 2 weeks(forgot to measure the first week) of 8 3/4inches. I will say that last night at work someone noticed that I had lost some weight and that made me feel good.

BF on this board means Bloat Fairy (not boyfriend)

Sometimes you will also hear about the Woosh Fairy (the one who takes all that water away.)

At Curves they measure arms, bust, waist, abdomen, hips, thighs & calves so if you don't lose weight, you can see that you are still making progress.

213.5!!!!! WHOOPEEE:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

And a lesson learned. I've been walking 20+ miles a week for 3 weeks now and it does increase your appetite but what's worse is it deludes you into thinking you've "earned" that potato chip or that nutter bar when your 4 year old begs you to have one with her! And of course summer means COOKOUTS and last minute guests which usually means too much food in our family. So this week I'm committed to meeting my July 4th goal of being under 209!! NO MORE CHIPS, PIZZA, or CHEESEBURGERS until July 4th- where I'm sure there'll be plenty.

But for the really exciting news!! Those 20+ miles walked have paid off!!! In just one week I've lost 3.25 inches!!! And since April 16th when I first started measuring the totals are
Arms- loss of 2 inches!!
Thighs- loss of 3.5 inches!!
Calves- loss of .5 inches
Waist- loss of 8 inches!!!
Hips- loss of 6 inches!!!
Chest- loss of 4 inches!!!

Total loss-24 inches!!!

So I'm feeling pretty good- thanks all for the challenges and inspiration that got me this far- I'm right on track of hitting my DisneyWorld Goal of 196 by 9/23 and hope to actually surpass it!
Tara

Thanks for the explanations, PaCo88, Mum4jenn and aurora 19!!

Well, it's finally my WI day and I can report officially:
(my results include most of the fat fast & phase 2 also)
ffflower2.gif
ffflower2.gif
I lost 5 lbs last week!!!!!
ffflower2.gif
ffflower2.gif

That got me my 10# clippie, which I claimed at the end of the fast (phase 1) on Friday last week, and I am 1 lb away from my 15# clippie (which was my 7/4 mini goal!!! YEAH!!!!!
pinkie.gif
pinkie.gif
hairwind.gif
pinkie.gif
pinkie.gif

pinkie.gif
boldlblue.gif
pinkie.gif
boldlblue.gif
pinkie.gif

I may be SLOW, but I'm a LOSER!!!

jumpinggreens.gif
jumpinggreens.gif

Karyn

Yay!!!! Karyn, that is superific!!!!! You are inspiring me to try that phat phast. I just don't like most of the foods on the list. Let me know what you ate?

I am so proud of you. :sunny:

<b>mowsie dreamer</b> WOO HOO!!! Look at you go! You are racing down that road to goal.

So the WHOOSH fairy visited you? Losing 7 pounds in one week is just fantastic progress. How exciting! I love that pretty new clipart in your signature. I'll bet you were beside yourself at weigh in, I would have been bouncing all over the place.

I know that you are feeling proud of yourself, this week. I'm just so happy and proud <i>for</i> you. You are <i>such</i> a success! Keep it up and you will be at goal before you know it.

<b>tiggereyore</b> You have a great attitude. Excellent! If you maintained your weight and did not see a gain even though it was "boat week" I'll bet that means that you actually lost fat but the fluid you are retaining is camouflaging that loss.

You're doing fine. Coming to WISH when you need a nudge or a kick is the proper procedure. When we help <i>you</i> we are also helping ourselves. So, you stayed on plan and helped motivate the rest of us. What a good WISHer you are. Pretty soon you will be a good "little" WISHer ;)

You will never know how much I wish that I could come and sit with your children while you walk...Vermont is just a little to far away from me. How old are they? Are they small enough that you could pull them in a wagon? You would burn even more calories than walking if you did that.

<b>Mis4Mouse</b> Well, I sure hope you have measured yourself. When you aren't losing pounds you are usually losing inches on Atkins. It's very important to measure yourself, it can make the difference between giving up from frustration and keeping a positive attitude. Besides, after you lose all the weight you want to lose wouldn't you like to know how many inches you lost too?

Hang in there. As long as your clothing is feeling better you are making progress. Keep on keeping on, you are getting smaller, isn't that great?

<b>KathyTX</b> If I knew that, I forgot. But I was thinking more along the lines of this past week. She has done a wonderful job losing weight, she is very successful :)

<b>PamCo88</b> I'm looking forward to see how well you do on your official weigh in. I'm really glad you are here with us now :)

<b>wdwnutze</b> You lost 8 3/4 inches in just two weeks? WOW! Who cares what the scale says as long as you are getting smaller?

That just seems to be the way it works with Atkins. You lose the first few weeks and then you start losing inches. You are doing very, very well. Be proud of yourself--I'm sure proud <i>of</i> you.

<b>lmhall2000</b> I love your exuberance and joy, Tara! You have done so well. You know that I feel it's better to lose inches than pounds. I'd rather be smaller than lighter, how about you?

I'll bet you have no trouble reaching your September goal. You are determined and motivated and nothing is going to stop you with that great attitude of yours. You have lost 24 inches...<b>24</b>...not only that but you learned a valuable lesson too--that is just awesome. I'm so proud of you :)

<b>Kabuli1</b> You are so brave and so determined. I know that fat fast is not an easy plan to follow. How wonderful that you are only one pound away from your 15 pound loss clipart. You are just doing great!

I'm really proud of you Karyn, I'm not sure I would have the strength to follow the fat fast plan. I can't wait to see how much you lose at the end of phase II.

<i>I don't weigh in until Thursday so I have nothing to report yet. Congratulations to all who lost inches or pounds or both. I love hanging around with all of you <b>losers</b> :)

Katholyn

I lost 1.8 lbs this week.:bounce: I am now officially 1 lb. below pre-vacation week. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I'm also down into the 160's. Just barely mind you (169.8) but the 160's never the less. I haven't been there for several years. Less than 20 lbs. to go now to reach my WW's goal. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

<b>TCKK </b> Way to go! Another 1.8 pounds gone forever. You are doing a great job with this weight loss stuff. Good job!

You are only 20 pounds away from goal. I'm so proud of you. You have worked hard and stayed determined and you are reaping the rewards.

Thanks for celebrating your success, you have made me smile :)

I am excited to post today....3 pounds lost this week!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have now lost a total of 19 on WISH (I'll have that clippie next week!!) and 24 lbs since 1/1.

<b>PAdisMOM</b> WOO HOO!!!! Losing 3 pounds in one week is just wonderful progress.

I love it that you are celebrating. I love celebrating! Just think only one more pound to lose and you will be trading up your clipart. WOW!

I hope you are feeling proud of yourself, because I sure am feeling proud <i>of</i> you. Good job this week.

How does it feel to be successful?

I lost half a pound this week. I was hoping for more but at least I've lost. I've stuck to my plan for 8 weeks now which is quite a long time for me. I'll try and drink more water this week and see if that heps.

Libby

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Yay! WW meeting tonight and a weigh in. 1.4 lbs. GONE! That's 2.4 since I joined WISH and 35 total! I'm on my way!

Congrats to everyone this week! We can do it!

Christiana :)

Hello all, this is my second day, however I just wanted to check in and make sure about the report days...will there be new thread each week? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter