WISH Away The Pounds - Marvelous March Challenge ~~ All are WELCOME!

So here's proof positive that I don't get enough sleep. :P I stayed up to get some work done, started watching SNL on the DVR in the semi-background, and yikes, it's late. Going to bed after I send this, really!

QOTD for Saturday, March 2, 2013:

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course ;) )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?

NAPS. :) But also reading - I love taking an honest-to-goodness lunch *break* and reading a good book. I always have something out of the library and/or on my Kindle, never mind the books I own I haven't gotten to yet!

Running has also become a de-stresser - never, ever thought I'd say that. I can leave the house worked up about something, and about half a mile in, I have perspective and a better attitude, if not a plan for dealing with the issue. I think there must be something to getting outside and getting the oxygen flowing...

And I'll never say no to a great massage! I have a Red Door gift card from DH from Christmas that I'm planning to put toward a massage series...it's a lot to spend up front, but I like the idea of knowing I'm set to get a killer 80-minute massage from my favorite therapist once a month for a year.

All that pales next to sleep right now, so yeah - bedtime!

XO
Liz

Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

The SUN is FINALLY shining here. We have not seen the sun in so many days it makes things seem so much better.:sunny:

The restaurant was a bust for us. Last minute we changed because my mom did not want to wait for my original pick and the place we tried out was gross. :headache: So needless to say, I hardly ate anything. It was DROWNING in sauces...bleech.

Today is a new day and I have a lot of catch up to do inside the house. I am determined to get things done!!!

Starting Friday, I AM GOING OUTSIDE TO GARDEN!!!! I cannot wait. Let the clean up and planting begin.:woohoo:

Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

The SUN is FINALLY shining here. We have not seen the sun in so many days it makes things seem so much better.:sunny:

Yay for the sun!!!! :beach:

We had a very sunny weekend, too, and it was sooo wonderful to be outside. I went for a long walk today just to be able to soak up the sunshine!

I had a great NSV today as I wanted to see whether my 30DS already had some effects on my measurements. And yes, it has, I lost everywhere, but the success at my waist is the best: I lost 1.5 inches already. And I can really see it already. :thumbsup2 The second best was my thigh where I lost one inch. Very impressed with these effects, especially since I only lost 2.5 pounds in weight since I started.

Flossbolna said:
I had a great NSV today as I wanted to see whether my 30DS already had some effects on my measurements. And yes, it has, I lost everywhere, but the success at my waist is the best: I lost 1.5 inches already. And I can really see it already. :thumbsup2 The second best was my thigh where I lost one inch. Very impressed with these effects, especially since I only lost 2.5 pounds in weight since I started.
:cheer2: yay! Congrats on the successful measurments!

We had a very sunny weekend, too, and it was sooo wonderful to be outside. I went for a long walk today just to be able to soak up the sunshine!

Wow that is so GREAT!!! :yay:

My waistline is so stubborn. It took 3 months of no soda and 4lbs of loss to see a difference.

:cheer2: yay! Congrats on the successful measurments!

Thanks!!

Wow that is so GREAT!!! :yay:

My waistline is so stubborn. It took 3 months of no soda and 4lbs of loss to see a difference.

I am sure it is actually the result of doing the abs workouts. I think it is really just toning my whole stomach area and especially the sides that just creates a better shape around the waistline. I can tell that I am way more defined in many areas (even though there is still quite a bit of fat on top :(). On my arms I am even sure that I have not lost that much in my measurements because I gained quite a bit of muscle there. And that despite the fact that my upper body strength still sucks - for some exercises I still need to go back to the soup cans instead of my 3 pound weights...

Since I am guessing Pamela is either still sick :( or busy, busy, busy, I am going to jump in with a QOTD. :)

QOTD Sunday, March 3, 2013
How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?

Rose&Mike said:
Since I am guessing Pamela is either still sick :( or busy, busy, busy, I am going to jump in with a QOTD. :)

How do you do on the weekends? Do you find you are more on plan or less on plan?

Unbalanced. I'm incorporating not spending and limited diet, which is working but I can never get a moment to exercise. I also make richer breakfasts for the family vs. oatmeal during the week.

How do you de-stress (other than eating, of course ;) )? Massage, warm bath, yoga? What can you do to keep stress at bay in the first place?

Honestly, a nice long run is a great way to destress. It's just me and my my music (and dog occasionally) and I can just put everything out of my mind. I also enjoy taking my boys to the movies. I can just get lost in a movie & not think about anything. And, I like to have breakfast or lunch with a friend. It's so nice to catch up and talk with a girlfriend. We always try to eat healthy, too. Finally, I get organized and clean. It's not a glamorous way to destress, but I feel so much better after (plus, the house will need cleaned sometime anyhow).

Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

Hmmmm...what is this thing you call the "sun?" :rotfl2: If you can possibly catch it & send it my way I would appreciaite it. Western PA never sees sun until June, I swear!

Thanks Rose :)

I am less on plan. I don't have a set schedule for anything so I just go with the flow. I always have dinners planned, but not my other meals. I also am finding it hard to exercise right now because of this stinking cold weather. I wanted to go to the gym to run on the treadmill, but I didn't make it before it closed. After church, I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made dinner, and talked to my aunt from Florida. So, I ran out of time. It was only 20 outside & snowy, so I didn't want to go outside. So, I will hit the TM tomorrow after work, but this weekend was a bust. Once it warms up a little, I will be outside running which I love so much better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am just checking in and see it's a slow start this month. I missed my workout today, so I will do it tomorrow. I restarted the Jeff Galloway 5k app and hopefully will move to the 10k or half when I finish.

The boys and I are watching The Lion King on The Disney Channel. I love this movie :)

Pamela~I hope your feeling better! Try to rest and take care of yourself first :)

Have a great night.

Jill

We tend to eat at weird times and even skip meals, so I would say I don't do as well on the weekend. I consider it a success if I am only up a pound on Monday morning, because then I can usually expect a loss on Friday.

Unbalanced. I'm incorporating not spending and limited diet, which is working but I can never get a moment to exercise. I also make richer breakfasts for the family vs. oatmeal during the week.
We went through a huge pancake phase for awhile. I love pancakes, but they are so carb laden (no matter what I do to them) that I end up starving about an hour later.

Hmmmm...what is this thing you call the "sun?" :rotfl2: If you can possibly catch it & send it my way I would appreciaite it. Western PA never sees sun until June, I swear!

I am less on plan. I don't have a set schedule for anything so I just go with the flow. I always have dinners planned, but not my other meals. I also am finding it hard to exercise right now because of this stinking cold weather. I wanted to go to the gym to run on the treadmill, but I didn't make it before it closed. After church, I did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, made dinner, and talked to my aunt from Florida. So, I ran out of time. It was only 20 outside & snowy, so I didn't want to go outside. So, I will hit the TM tomorrow after work, but this weekend was a bust. Once it warms up a little, I will be outside running which I love so much better.

Jill
I know what you mean about the sun. It has been ridiculously gray here lately. It is even getting to Mike, and he never grumbles. I think we are finally due for a couple of warm days later this week. My crocuses came up a month ago and then stopped....hopefully they will start blooming soon. :)

I do much better on the weekend when I have a plan too.

As for the de-stress question. My favorite way to de-stress is exercise, but that hasn't been working so well lately. Silly back.

I hope everyone has a good, on-plan Monday. :goodvibes

QOTD for Friday, March 1, 2013:

It is a food "emergency". You have to buy a lunch at the grocery store to eat now.... No prep, no kitchen, etc. What do you buy to have a healthy quick lunch that is still OP? (Presuming that eating utensils are available.)

...........P

I would probably grab some fruit and low-fat cheese. Quick and easy.

So I talked to the dad of the girl who sent the pic. He was a lot more receptive than the other girls parents.
He did not know she had an Instagram acct. And I told him I didn't yell at the girls on the phone, I yelled up the stairs to DS who was on the phone to say hey BTW, tell them not to do this again. I'm sure she will be POed at DS when her dad yells at her for the instagram acct, but that's not my problem.

Anyway, gotta let it go.
I am pleased to say that I didn't drown my sorrows in ice cream though! I stayed OP all day and even had 18 calories to spare.

Sorry about all the drama Buffy. As a parent, I would want to know if my child was doing something he shouldn't be doing. And I wouldn't have any issues with the parent who was bringing it to my attention. Kids are kids and are going to make stupid mistakes. Sorry some parents aren't as receptive.

Happy Saturday all! I promise once I feel better and this crazy robotics weekend is over I will post the QOTD in a more timely fashion...but for today, heree it is, better late than never!

Pam ... I am so sorry you are not feeling well! Get better. I had to get an antibiotic yesterday for a sinus infection. My cold started almost 2 weeks ago and it wasn't clearing up.

I am hoping your DS did well at robotics! And I have been keeping your SIL in my thoughts.

QOTD: I like to exercise. But, I also love a warm bath and a massage. Keeping stress at bay is a bit harder ....

I always have a harder time during the weekends. I just have too much easy access to food. :crazy2:

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Finally starting to feel better and the musical program is almost done!!!! I am on to proofing and plan to turn everything in by the end of the week.

I will then be back to posting more and tracking my food. I have slipped the last 2 weeks and it hasn't been good for my weight loss. I am ready to get back on track.

My oldest son is home from spring break this week. It is so nice having him home. :goodvibes

Hoping everyone has a great week! Stay strong everyone!

Thanks for the QOTD! I am way more loosey goosey on the weekends, to my detriment. I often go in with a plan, but then I veer off course when it comes to shifts in our schedule. We might think we're going to eat in, but then we'll decide to run some errands and end up eating out, for example, and then I get swayed by an "occasional" treat that ends up being every weekend. Or both days of one weekend. I do tend to stay on track with exercise - my half marathon training plan keeps me in line! So at least the extra eating tends to get balanced out. Monday morning is always a great jump-start for me...

XO
Liz

Rose&Mike said:

I used to be less OP on the weekends because I had difficulty getting in enough water, moved less, and was around food more. BUT now that I make sure to get to the Y on my weekend days I find it even easier to be OP, especially given that I go to Zumba on Saturdays (major calorie burn). So lately I have been loving my weekends days :)

Hope you feel better soon Pamela!

Good morning everybody!:wave2: I have my fingers crossed for everyone feeling under the weather to get better quick!:love:

To catch up on some QOTD's: to relax I either run or crash out on the couch and zone out on mindless TV. Of course, a big part of that is to have the Wonder Mutt take over my lap (yes, she's a lap dog at 45 pounds!:scared1:). I find just stroking her soft ears and giving her belly rubs has a very soothing effect on both of us.:love: I think the DH even gets jealous sometimes!:rotfl2:

Weekends: I totally blow it on the weekends. I usually start off well with a long run, PT exercises, abs, etc., but once we head out for our weekly weekend date, I'm done :scared:. Mexican, Chinese, whatever, I try to control myself, but can never seem to really behave. However, thanks to the DIS, I find I've been a LITTLE bit better, so there's definitely something to be said for this "support" group!:thumbsup2:cool1:

Happy Monday everyone!

481150_537331806306408_634423481_n.jpg

QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:

Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??

I'll BB in a few minutes to chat!................P

Howdy all! Well.... I'm back from "crazy-busy and sick-and-tired" land!! The kids school vacation was nice, but far from relaxing! And of course, ending up feeling like crud through about half of it wasn't exactly on my plan!

DD and I spent Monday shopping and Tuesday at the Aquarium (all DAY :rolleyes1 !). Wednesday (when I started feeling lousy) was a snowy morning followed by swim practice and some time with DS in the evening. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were robotics competition days for about 12 hours each day (interspersed with driving DD to swim practices), and yesterday was 6 hours round-trip in the car to RI for "Accepted Students Day" at RWU for DD. I am SO glad I didn't get called to work today!!:cool1:

I will be getting help from DH today to get our stats on a spreadsheet so that I can get page one up and running! Sorry to be such a slacker, but I'm praying that you all understand! When I agreed to coach this month (back in December) I had NO IDEA that this weekend would be so crazy!

My eating has been ALL OVER the board for the last few days... partially due to not feeling well and partially due to being out of the house so much. I also gave myself a few days off of real exercise to recover a bit, but will be back on schedule today!

Off to read and catch up with you all!..............P

Good MORNING!!!

Pamela no worries, we are still here.;)

As far as your QOTD? Hmmm....I think I am going to get a second opinion on my foot. I want to make darn sure that the diagnosis/treatment is "right". There are SO MANY differing opinions, treatments, etc...it is mind altering.:eek:

The reason this is part of my QOTD is because it affects how I want/need to exercise and the direction I am going. I need a job and getting better affects that, which affects everything else.

I do need to menu plan. It is getting bad up in here. Everything sounds boring and unappetizing.:rolleyes1

pjlla said:
Happy Monday everyone!

QOTD for Monday, March 4, 2013:

Today is a NEW DAY! A new week, in a new Month! How are YOU going to make this your BEST MARCH EVER? Meal planning? New exercise routine? New recipes? Committing to weighing/measuring food portions? Strict food journaling?? How are you going to make sure that your choices are taking you in the direction in which you want to go??

I'll BB in a few minutes to chat!................P

My plan is to stay on track all month and see what my results are... I have been disappointed in the past by not meeting my weight loss goal, and because last month I only lost 1 inch which seems pretty low to me considering all working out I've been doing... so I'm going to try 1 whole month, no days off, and see how I do :)

Glad to see you back Pam! Hope you get a chance to recover from all your busy-ness!

Couldn't you have picked an easier question for day two?? Curious to see the results (and learn a new tactic)

Sorry! Didn't mean to make it tough for you!

QOTD?

You first Pamela!!! :rotfl:

There are some things I do like writing things down aka brain dumping onto my dry erase board and calendar. That way I don't have to think about it.

Also making sure to get sleep.

Since it is winter that is about it. I do landscaping and gardening and that is right around the corner.....:woohoo:

Sorry I didn't answer my own QOTD! And I agree with you about writing things down!!

To destress, I take a warm shower while listening to Justin Bieber :upsidedow
To keep stress at bay, the most important thing for me is getting enough sleep. Keeping the house neat helps a lot too. I always feel a lot calmer when the house is clean!

ME TOO!!

NAPS. :) But also reading - I love taking an honest-to-goodness lunch *break* and reading a good book. I always have something out of the library and/or on my Kindle, never mind the books I own I haven't gotten to yet!

Running has also become a de-stresser - never, ever thought I'd say that. I can leave the house worked up about something, and about half a mile in, I have perspective and a better attitude, if not a plan for dealing with the issue. I think there must be something to getting outside and getting the oxygen flowing...

And I'll never say no to a great massage! I have a Red Door gift card from DH from Christmas that I'm planning to put toward a massage series...it's a lot to spend up front, but I like the idea of knowing I'm set to get a killer 80-minute massage from my favorite therapist once a month for a year.

All that pales next to sleep right now, so yeah - bedtime!

XO
Liz

Once-a-month massages for a year sounds GREAT! I should get DH something like that for Father's day or his B.day!

Happy Sunday WISHERS!!!

The restaurant was a bust for us. Last minute we changed because my mom did not want to wait for my original pick and the place we tried out was gross. :headache: So needless to say, I hardly ate anything. It was DROWNING in sauces...bleech.

Today is a new day and I have a lot of catch up to do inside the house. I am determined to get things done!!!

Starting Friday, I AM GOING OUTSIDE TO GARDEN!!!! I cannot wait. Let the clean up and planting begin.:woohoo:

OOhh.... sorry that the restaurant wasn't was you hoped. Better to have eaten nothing and have NO REGRETS though, right??

Jealous that you are ready to start gardening! We were pleasantly surprised yesterday when we were in RI that they had NO SNOW on the ground! We still have at least a foot in most places with the snow banks still being really high.

THAT IS WONDERFUL!! Jillian is doing her job! Good for you!!

Thanks for stepping in Rose! I didn't get it done before we dashed out of the house at 5:30 am and I didn't have a chance while we were at the college. We literally just raced from event to event and STILL didn't hit everything we wanted to. But I prayed that someone would step in for me! THANKS!

Honestly, a nice long run is a great way to destress. It's just me and my my music (and dog occasionally) and I can just put everything out of my mind. I also enjoy taking my boys to the movies. I can just get lost in a movie & not think about anything. And, I like to have breakfast or lunch with a friend. It's so nice to catch up and talk with a girlfriend. We always try to eat healthy, too. Finally, I get organized and clean. It's not a glamorous way to destress, but I feel so much better after (plus, the house will need cleaned sometime anyhow).

Since when does de-stressing have to be glamorous?? Cleaning is a great way to reduce stress.... it is exercise PLUS you get a good result at the end!

It is supposed to be about 47 here by the end of the week... hopefully that nice weather will be widespread and you can enjoy it as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am just checking in and see it's a slow start this month. I missed my workout today, so I will do it tomorrow. I restarted the Jeff Galloway 5k app and hopefully will move to the 10k or half when I finish.

The boys and I are watching The Lion King on The Disney Channel. I love this movie :)

Pamela~I hope your feeling better! Try to rest and take care of yourself first :)

Have a great night.

Jill

Thanks Jill!

We tend to eat at weird times and even skip meals, so I would say I don't do as well on the weekend. I consider it a success if I am only up a pound on Monday morning, because then I can usually expect a loss on Friday.

We went through a huge pancake phase for awhile. I love pancakes, but they are so carb laden (no matter what I do to them) that I end up starving about an hour later.

Have you tried the flaxseed pancake recipe I posted? I find it reasonably filling. I think you could have it because it uses almond flour and ground flaxseed instead of white flour. They are a bit of a PITA to make, but the taste is good.

I know what you mean about the sun. It has been ridiculously gray here lately. It is even getting to Mike, and he never grumbles. I think we are finally due for a couple of warm days later this week. My crocuses came up a month ago and then stopped....hopefully they will start blooming soon. :)

I do much better on the weekend when I have a plan too.

As for the de-stress question. My favorite way to de-stress is exercise, but that hasn't been working so well lately. Silly back.

I hope everyone has a good, on-plan Monday. :goodvibes

Jealous that you have crocuses already!

Mary•Poppins;47690205 said:
Pam ... I am so sorry you are not feeling well! Get better. I had to get an antibiotic yesterday for a sinus infection. My cold started almost 2 weeks ago and it wasn't clearing up.

Feeling much better today, thanks!

I am hoping your DS did well at robotics! And I have been keeping your SIL in my thoughts.

Thanks for that! They didn't make it past the quarter-finals, sadly, but they have another chance when they compete in Maine in a few weeks! SIL is at Hilton Head with my other SIL's this week. Hopefully they can enjoy some time together, relax, and heal!!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately. Finally starting to feel better and the musical program is almost done!!!! I am on to proofing and plan to turn everything in by the end of the week.

I will then be back to posting more and tracking my food. I have slipped the last 2 weeks and it hasn't been good for my weight loss. I am ready to get back on track.

My oldest son is home from spring break this week. It is so nice having him home. :goodvibes

Hoping everyone has a great week! Stay strong everyone!

Enjoy your time with DS home!

Okay friends! Sorry I didn't get to reply to everyone. But thankfully the thread was a bit slow this weekend anyhow, so I don't think you missed me too much! :lmao:

Yesterday's food situation (at the college) was just crazy! I packed breakfast for the car ride, so that was okay (thermos of coffee, lowfat cheese, blueberries, nuts, dry cereal). And when we arrived they had muffins and coffee available.... I shared a small muffin with DD and enjoyed more coffee (figured it would be my splurge of the day). But lunch had virtually NOTHING low cal/low carb. It was pasta salad, sandwiches, chips and soda. DH ended up taking about 3 sandwiches and just eating the filling. I took a mozzarrella and veggie sandwich, but didn't realize it had pesto on it (calorie BOMB).... so I dumped the mozzarella and the top piece of bread and just enjoyed the pesto-smeared bottom roll with the veggies. But it wasn't enough to fill my belly so I also ate a turkey sandwich without the top roll and just a bit of the pasta salad. Grabbed a can of Diet Coke :sad2: but didn't drink it all... found the water cooler and cups. Definitely OVER my usual lunch calories, but the best I could do, given the situation.

The President's Reception in the afternoon had a big cupcake display.... which we all (DH, DD, and I) avoided like the plague!! As soon as we were in the car for the ride home we enjoyed the health(ier) snacks I had brought along (fruit for me, a bit of fruit and nuts for DD, and Atkins bar for DH). We got home shortly after 6 pm and I made us all dinner (DS wasn't hungry, as he had made himself a pizza in the afternoon and ate the WHOLE THING! :rotfl: ) I made salads, roasted green beans, potato (just for DD) and DH and DD had ham steaks and I had a big cup of the "Easy Mexican Soup" that I made last week from a recipe on our recipe thread! It felt good to be eating our healthier options again! Especially after 3 days of eating on the run at robotics and another day of eating away from home! I don't mind eating out occasionally, but I hate having NO CONTROL, NO CHOICE, and NO NI!!!

Today will fly by, I'm sure. As soon as possible I will get DH to help me with the spreadsheet and I will let you all know when page one is ready!

TTYL................................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter