Winter Storm "Q"

firecracker725

DIS Veteran
Here in Champaign-Urbana, we're expecting 2-4 inches and some ice. It's supposed to begin sometime this afternoon and continue into the night, but right now it's just cloudy and rather ominous looking.

What's it like where you are?

It started about an hour ago here. We are supposed to get 8-10 inches. Omaha area.

Far West Chicago Suburbs and they are predicting 2-4 inches, which means we'll get a dusting. We've hardly had any snow this whole year.

STL - Sleet, Snow, Freezing Rain tonight. Stuck at work till 3pm and then I can creeep home. :drive:

North of Boston suburb: headed our way Saturday night - expecting 8-12 inches by Sunday afternoon.

About an hour from you in Bloomington. Looks about the same. But I will believe the snow when I see it. Last time they said 2-4" and we barely got a dusting. Kids are really wanting some snow!!!! (And so am I!!! Then it can be 50 degrees two days later!)

They sure did. Winter storm "Q". ;)

That's what the Q refers to? :o

Oops - I thought the OP was shortening the word "question". :scratchin

Oh, and to answer the OP's "Q", for whatever reason, our part of Ohio looks to be getting spared from this one.

Either 6 - 8 or 5 - 7 inches of snow, starting around 3 - 4 pm this afternoon, continuing all night and ending mid-morning Friday.

Those of you getting the freezing rain and ice - be careful! I HATE that stuff, and would rather have the snow than ice.

Starting to pile up pretty good now. About 3" and it's coming down hard. Planning to stay until 5, but should probably get home before dark in case the tractor won't start w/o a jump.

Cincinnati here. We're supposed to be right on the ice/rain line. We have a Winter Weather Advisory, calling for ice overnight, changing to rain by morning, and we'll be in the mid 50's by tomorrow afternoon. So glad we're missing this one. All of you getting major snow and ice, please be careful and stay safe. :goodvibes

According to the radar, we're supposed to be experiencing the snow right now. However, Accuweather says it's "sunny". Funny, because there's not a patch of blue in the sky right now.

It started about an hour ago here. We are supposed to get 8-10 inches. Omaha area.

The flakes are TINY but grass is almost fully covered so far. We are out of school today since afternoon is supposed to be bad. If we get the expected totals, we will probably be out of school tomorrow too. Enjoying a possible long weekend!

Just starting to get a dusting in SW Iowa on our way to 10 inches? School was let out at 11:30 so I went home too and here it is almost 3 and still okay driving conditions. Oh well. It's my busy time at work, but since they've talked up this storm so much, I think I'll be disappointed if we don't get our 10 inches!

Just coming out of a lull where nothing was happening for about half an hour. Starting up again. DW says the power is out at home :(

3-6 inches expected in the Twin Cities, with another storm on Monday. Starting later tonight, through tomorrow night. Of course I have a 45 mile drive each way, tomorrow evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter