Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

We had 4 people on 12 devices and registered 2 for the 10k and 3 for the challenge. Seemed devices logged on at 10 am exactly worked best. We were all done by 10:40am. Just need 2 party registrations and we are done.

Sorry for asking something that may have been asked before - do we think they are going to do transportation from all the resorts again like they were doing pre-covid? WAY in the beginning only certain hotels were "host" hotels and had transportation. I'm way late to the planning party and trying to book a hotel now.... Looking at Saratoga or Port Orleans (of what's left) and I've never stayed at either for a race weekend. This could be a resort only trip for us so I'm leaning Saratoga b/c of Disney Springs. Anyone else staying there?
I’m curious too
Staying at POFQ for this weekend (will have a car as back up but if I decide to sign up for MW it will probably be just me w/o a car at AOA)

I'm already searching for costumes on Etsy. Anyone have a favorite vendor for costumes that are good for running? It will be hard to move on from my known distance gear.

Got my half. Of course the browser I used last was the first to make it through (go figure). Wonder why they still have the AP/DVC question since we don’t count any more? Oh well.
Optics to see how many AP/DVC people still participate????

Got my half. Of course the browser I used last was the first to make it through (go figure). Wonder why they still have the AP/DVC question since we don’t count any more? Oh well.

Well, considering I can't buy an AP (but am eager to do so) I feel like their information is probably not going to be very useful. How many more "Yes" to that question would there have been had they started selling APs again already!

I'm already searching for costumes on Etsy. Anyone have a favorite vendor for costumes that are good for running? It will be hard to move on from my known distance gear.

I've been stalking a fb group about costume sources (I have yet to run in anything other than my usual leggings/top) but these ones get a lot of mentions:

iglowrunning
tutufactory
kawaiian pizza apparel
runsewsweet
dottieforrunning (these skirts look AMAZING, but I can't justify a $75costume running skirt)

I’d hope if they were only going to do buses from certain resorts that they would have announced that already. But if push comes to shove I’ll hire someone from Ear For Each Other to drive us that morning so I don’t have to worry about getting an Uber at that hour.

Oh this is a good question to think about!

First I need to work on fitting back into my favorite running clothes before I can worry about costumes! Darn pandemic pounds..... :oops:

I've been stalking a fb group about costume sources (I have yet to run in anything other than my usual leggings/top) but these ones get a lot of mentions:

iglowrunning
tutufactory
kawaiian pizza apparel
runsewsweet
dottieforrunning (these skirts look AMAZING, but I can't justify a $75costume running skirt)
Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!
I've ordered from Kawaiian pizza apparel for my husband and kids. It was the only way I could get them to dress up for MNSSHP.

I’m curious too
Staying at POFQ for this weekend (will have a car as back up but if I decide to sign up for MW it will probably be just me w/o a car at AOA)

I've done POFQ for races twice now, for Star Wars 2017 and Princess 2020. The shuttles worked well for Star Wars and extremely well for Princess (it's literally the closest hotel to the starting line). No complaints for either. I had better luck there than at BCV, certainly.

Sorry for asking something that may have been asked before - do we think they are going to do transportation from all the resorts again like they were doing pre-covid? WAY in the beginning only certain hotels were "host" hotels and had transportation. I'm way late to the planning party and trying to book a hotel now.... Looking at Saratoga or Port Orleans (of what's left) and I've never stayed at either for a race weekend. This could be a resort only trip for us so I'm leaning Saratoga b/c of Disney Springs. Anyone else staying there?

I’d be absolutely shocked if transportation wasn’t provided from all resorts as normal.

I wonder how much of a pull that all of the rescheduled majors are having on this as well? NYC marathon is around that time.

I had a feeling we might see full capacity races and/or less interest this time around, but wasn't willing to say it out loud for fear of jinxing things, lol! I think there's still a lot of uncertainty about Fall right now. I do wonder, too, though, if that will be the case for MW...

Yeah I agree...

I did more personal calculus than usual in deciding whether to register now for this. A lot can change before November. So I'm in for the Challenge, — yay! but — we'll see how fall plays out.

I think, depending on one's own personal calculus, a safer bet would be Marathon Weekend, or especially Princess Weekend.

Also agree that with so many other races cancelled/postponed/deferred over the past year+, people's race plans may be totally different than usual.

I’m curious too
POFQ is usually our choice for race weekends… I like how it’s a small resort so it doesn’t matter where your room is, they are all close to the bus pickup

POFQ is usually our choice for race weekends… I like how it’s a small resort so it doesn’t matter where your room is, they are all close to the bus pickup
This will be my 6th weekend but first at this resort plus the whole first race back after the hiatus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter