Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I know it's only guesses but when might we expect course maps and medal unveiling? Also, park hours for race weekend?
I was so excited to see W&D food menus so I better get our tickets purchases and park ressies made soon!
A booth devoted solely to FRENCH FRIES......yes please!!
Hold up—a french fry booth?? I totally forgot I was going to be in Disney during Food & Wine (my brain failed to connect that to Wine & Dine 😆😆) so I didn’t even look at the F&W offerings

I would guess maybe early September for medal reveal, and mid-October for course maps

Hold up—a french fry booth?? I totally forgot I was going to be in Disney during Food & Wine (my brain failed to connect that to Wine & Dine 😆😆) so I didn’t even look at the F&W offerings

I would guess maybe early September for medal reveal, and mid-October for course maps

The Fry Basket – 2022 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival​

The Fry Basket is NEW for 2022 — And we’ve got TWO WORDS: FRY FLIGHT!! You’ll find this new booth near Test Track in World Discovery.

EPCOT Food and Wine

2022 Epcot Food and Wine Festival The Fry Basket Booth Menu​

Food Items:
  • Adobo Yuca Fries with garlic-cilantro aïoli (New) (Gluten/ Wheat Friendly) (Plant-based)
  • Fry Flight (New)
    • Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Fries (Plant-based)
    • Barbecued Bacon Fries with smoked aïoli
    • Sweet Potato Casserole Fries with candied pecans, toasted marshmallow cream, and caramel whisky
Beverages:
  • Salty Dog Cocktail: Boyd & Blair Vodka with grapefruit juice, ginger, simple syrup, and lime with a salted rim (New)
  • 81Bay Brewing Co. Key Lime Lager (New)

2022 Epcot Food and Wine Festival The Fry Basket Booth Photos – COMING SOON​

For anyone planning to catch the first Christmas party as part of their rD weekend, tickets are live.

Just signed my digital waiver. I'm not sure if it was always there and I missed it, or if it just recently appeared. Anyway, check that off the to do list. ✔️

Just signed my digital waiver. I'm not sure if it was always there and I missed it, or if it just recently appeared. Anyway, check that off the to do list. ✔️
I think it's been there. I just did my Princess one.

I usually get tickets from UCT but I saw a post elsewhere about Boardwalk Ticketing. Looked it up and could save like $100 for all of us. Sounds too good to be true. Anyone used them and can confirm they're as legit as UCT?

How did everyone's first official day of training go? I'm a dork and like to print out the training calendar and check off the days. it makes me feel accomplished!
You're not alone! :) I printed the guide out a while back and wrote in all the actual days and maybe also made a google sheet so I can mark things off on my phone too! Then the day came to start, officially start and it was 88% humidity and over 100 with the heat index here yesterday so I did NO running! Cooled off a lot today though so here we go!! More importantly ;) I think I made the final decision on my costume.

How did everyone's first official day of training go? I'm a dork and like to print out the training calendar and check off the days. it makes me feel accomplished!
I have a spreadsheet for a training schedule where I enter my run and stationary bike time and miles and it totals everything up for me and gives me average paces and everything.

I used to put stickers on a calendar for every day that I worked out. I kind of felt like a 5 yr old but I loved seeing the page full.

I run most of the year so I didn't realize "official" training had started. Hope everyone is off to a good start!

I used to put stickers on a calendar for every day that I worked out. I kind of felt like a 5 yr old but I loved seeing the page full.

I run most of the year so I didn't realize "official" training had started. Hope everyone is off to a good start!

The plan I'm using starts tomorrow but for marking days I worked out I use the Tracksmith No Days Off calendar. The link is to the one you buy but if you purchase anything near the end of the year you get a less fancy free version. I love their stuff so usually I find something to buy each December.

I use a white board for the same effect. It's nice to see something tangible and physically check them off.
That's a good idea to use a whiteboard!
You're not alone! :) I printed the guide out a while back and wrote in all the actual days and maybe also made a google sheet so I can mark things off on my phone too! Then the day came to start, officially start and it was 88% humidity and over 100 with the heat index here yesterday so I did NO running! Cooled off a lot today though so here we go!! More importantly ;) I think I made the final decision on my costume.
Yes, I wrote the days on the guide as well. I hear you on the heat. Fortunately, today is not a run day since the humidity is high today, but I guess either way it has to get done! I'm jealous you have a decision on your costume. I am not feeling the theme this year so my bestie and I are trying to come up with random ideas. We're still undecided!
I have a spreadsheet for a training schedule where I enter my run and stationary bike time and miles and it totals everything up for me and gives me average paces and everything.
That's pretty fancy!

Sadly, I have struggled to be consistent in my running ever since all the races were canceled in late 2020/2021. It just did a number on me mentally. I was undertrained for last years W&D, which was so disappointing as I was training for Dopey before all the cancellations and in decent shape. I am hoping the checking off the calendar helps. But, it does remind me that I have some W&D training stickers so maybe I'll put those on my regular calendar too! Because my inner 5-year-old likes stickers too!

Yes, I wrote the days on the guide as well. I hear you on the heat. Fortunately, today is not a run day since the humidity is high today, but I guess either way it has to get done!
I'm a stickler for getting the runs done on the date scheduled unless not at all possible (sick, traveling, etc). So I've been known to start my runs at 5am to beat the heat!

That's a good idea to use a whiteboard!

Yes, I wrote the days on the guide as well. I hear you on the heat. Fortunately, today is not a run day since the humidity is high today, but I guess either way it has to get done! I'm jealous you have a decision on your costume. I am not feeling the theme this year so my bestie and I are trying to come up with random ideas. We're still undecided!

That's pretty fancy!

Sadly, I have struggled to be consistent in my running ever since all the races were canceled in late 2020/2021. It just did a number on me mentally. I was undertrained for last years W&D, which was so disappointing as I was training for Dopey before all the cancellations and in decent shape. I am hoping the checking off the calendar helps. But, it does remind me that I have some W&D training stickers so maybe I'll put those on my regular calendar too! Because my inner 5-year-old likes stickers too!
I had it narrowed down to a few costumes depending on what my kids wanted to be. If we could do something that involved all of us then we were thinking Eyeore, Pooh, and Tigger. And if not, I ordered this really gorgeous pair of Kevin, the Bird from Up ears from Etsy and am going with that. The back-up was Bing Bong from Inside Out (I have a soft spot for BB!!). I've only done a couple of runDisney races but I've never costumed to match the race theme so that made it a bit easier for me! Kevin the bird is just so colorful and fun, easy to find actual running clothes in matching colors!

Right now it’s something coco theme for myself, sister and BIL for 5K

10k I want to do something Epcot 40th inspired unless that overlaps with the theme of springtime surprise than I May do cookie anne

Not so great!

I had built up to 6-7 miles on long runs, not focusing on speed, just the distance. I should have worked on my speed, because...well, Covid finally caught up with me!

Not so great!

I had built up to 6-7 miles on long runs, not focusing on speed, just the distance. I should have worked on my speed, because...well, Covid finally caught up with me!
Oh, I feel you. I just ran the Bolder Boulder 10k at Memorial Day then caught Covid in mid June. Haven’t been on a run since.

Now with it being 100+ degrees F daily in Oklahoma, I plan on slowly building back endurance first on the indoor bike. Hopefully, I’ll be able to transition back to running outdoors if we can get some cooler days in August. Maybe then in September I can start building from 10 K out to the half distance again …

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts