• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

If you're training for the 2016 Full, and following any number of training programs including Galloway, you'll be running at least 13 miles every other weekend starting late September, and at least a 5K 3-4 times a week for conditioning. By November you'll be up into the upper teens for distance on weekends. The 1/2 plus 5K will feel like an easy training week. Sounds crazy. It did to me last year training for Dopey.

OK - that's what I thought, without comparing my training plan to an actual calendar. I'm also doing the Disneyland Half, so that gives me 13 miles minimum starting the first weekend of September.

OK - that's what I thought, without comparing my training plan to an actual calendar. I'm also doing the Disneyland Half, so that gives me 13 miles minimum starting the first weekend of September.
Then W&D will be easy peasy lemon squeezy.......from the Brasil pavillion served with seared pork belly on a bed of fresh veggies.

When will a link show up for the early passholder registration on Tuesday,or is it already available?I've looked around but haven't found anything.

Gah! To do the 5k or not to do the 5k?? Someone make the decision for me! Husband will be working, so it gives me something to do on that Saturday!
Do it!! I did it in 2013 and 2014 (with the half later that night) and it was fun! :)

Runners mostly dress in Christmas-inspired outfits and characters are out in their Christmas sweaters and whatnot. I liked it! Of course Animal Kingdom is my favorite park to run in, so... :)

When will a link show up for the early passholder registration on Tuesday,or is it already available?I've looked around but haven't found anything.
Won't show up until Tuesday at noon EST (or a few minutes before noon).

Do it!! I did it in 2013 and 2014 (with the half later that night) and it was fun! :)

Runners mostly dress in Christmas-inspired outfits and characters are out in their Christmas sweaters and whatnot. I liked it! Of course Animal Kingdom is my favorite park to run in, so... :)

How did I know that would be your response? :D

I'm going to do it. Now, to research renting DVC points to see if I can get in to Boardwalk for the weekend so we don't have to worry about driving before or after ...

I'm going to do it. Now, to research renting DVC points to see if I can get in to Boardwalk for the weekend so we don't have to worry about driving before or after ...
:teeth:

If you want Boardwalk, or any Epcot, resort, I'd think you'd want to book ASAP.

I'm in for this one too - anyone know what the host hotels are :). Probably getting ahead of myself.

:teeth:

If you want Boardwalk, or any Epcot, resort, I'd think you'd want to book ASAP.

Yeah - so far, all I'm finding is Animal Kingdom, SSR and OKW. I can get the Swan/Dolphin on points, so I may just do that and save myself the hassle.

Awesome location!! :)

I have JUST enough Starwood points that I need to burn, so I think I'll just go with that. I'd rather be close to take a nap and then walk back to the hotel than anything else.

I am planning to rent DVC points for the Full in 2016, especially since I'm the only one running. I'd like to be in a location close enough for the husband to come out and cheer me on and certain locations ... if he can get out of bed. :(

I was going to try for a studio at yacht & beach or boardwalk, but according to some of the threads I read on here there's nothing available.

I went ahead and just booked a room at Beach Club and keeping my fingers crossed for an extension of the military discount and that the room will qualify.

I just finished my first half at PHM a few days ago and it went well so now I'm onto wine and dine! I ran the jingle jungle 5k a couple of years ago as my first race, and have been itching to work up to the half. I stayed at the yacht club and loved watching the runners on the boardwalk from my first floor patio, I think that is what got me. I love this course - especially running through the Osborne lights (hoping they make it back!) and the boardwalk area. Can't wait!!

Can anyone explain the passholder early registration to me? They don't advertise it very well - as I completely had no idea I could for TOT last year until I saw it mentioned on these boards! I didn't have an AP during PHM so I couldn't take advantage of it then either. From what I understand, I just have to go to the rundisney passholder page and a special link will be available starting the 3rd at noon? I assume then it will take me to an active registration page? And finally, does the AP registration sell out quickly? I should be able to sign up right at noon - but I know how active can be a nightmare with this stuff.

Can anyone explain the passholder early registration to me? They don't advertise it very well - as I completely had no idea I could for TOT last year until I saw it mentioned on these boards! I didn't have an AP during PHM so I couldn't take advantage of it then either. From what I understand, I just have to go to the rundisney passholder page and a special link will be available starting the 3rd at noon? I assume then it will take me to an active registration page? And finally, does the AP registration sell out quickly? I should be able to sign up right at noon - but I know how active can be a nightmare with this stuff.

Others will chime in, but that seems to be the basic process! The challenges seem to go first (I think Dumbo went in like 15 minutes for passholders and 45 minutes for general public), but the Half Marathons seem to hang around for a couple hours or through the end of the day.

I have no idea how this one will shake out since there's no Challenge associated with the weekend ...

I was going to try for a studio at yacht & beach or boardwalk, but according to some of the threads I read on here there's nothing available.

I went ahead and just booked a room at Beach Club and keeping my fingers crossed for an extension of the military discount and that the room will qualify.
Does that work? You can book now, and then apply the discount? I didn't know that! :)

Does that work? You can book now, and then apply the discount? I didn't know that! :)

That's what I've read on here. I've never done it so I can't speak to it personally. I think the biggest issue is that there are a limited number of rooms that they offer at that discount, so you need to act quickly once the discount is announced and then hope that the resort and room type you have will be included. Like I said, I haven't ever done it myself, but from reading things on the Dis, that seems to be the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter