Wine and Dine 2015

Since it will be our first 1/2 it will be a PR no matter the time, haha. I appreciate all the great info, I was leaning more towards flying down Thursday or Friday and staying the week after so I think that's what we'll do, and just go back again for Halloween another year. I was also a believer in stopping to get some photos along the course and take it in so I'm glad that's the suggestion also.

Or there are other methods for obtaining an actual bib. .

Hate to be mr. downer here but you do realize that this is absolutely prohibited by RunDisney (and most races in fact) and could get you banned from running any future events if caught and the person who buys it would also be removed from the race what you actually could have legally done is deferred her entry into a future event
Quoting from RunDisney: Race entries/bibs are not transferrable from one person/participant to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person/participant, pick up another person's/participant's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund.

Last edited:
Did you find you would have enjoyed being in an earlier or later corral?

I would've much preferred an earlier corral for last year's TinkerBell half. As it was, I didn't submit a time and started at the back. I was constantly feeling pressed for time and didn't stop to take as many pics as I would've liked. This time I'm training harder and starting earlier so I can hopefully get an earlier corral.

Hate to be mr. downer here but you do realize that this is absolutely prohibited by RunDisney (and most races in fact) and could get you banned from running any future events if caught and the person who buys it would also be removed from the race what you actually could have legally done is deferred her entry into a future event
Quoting from RunDisney: Race entries/bibs are not transferrable from one person/participant to another person/participant. Sale, trade and/or transfer of race entry/bib number is strictly prohibited and may result in the disqualification of and/or banning offenders from participating at future events. Anyone caught attempting to sell or transfer their race entry/bib to another person/participant, pick up another person's/participant's race entry/bib, or participate in a race using another participant's race entry/bib, will have said race entry/bib cancelled and/or revoked, be disqualified, and be removed from the race without refund.

I know the rules and I know the consequences. We were going to out $160 if we didn't sell it which we couldn't afford to just give up. RD does limit the number of entries allowed to defer each race (and it reached defer capacity in late November) and you would need to do so at least 30-45 days ahead of time normally. We didn't know until the day we left that we'd have this issue. There is no recourse from us at that point. Either lose the money or allow another runner to enjoy what my DW could not. So even though this practice happens all the time, for every RD race, I'll keep it to myself.

I know the rules and I know the consequences. We were going to out $160 if we didn't sell it which we couldn't afford to just give up. RD does limit the number of entries allowed to defer each race (and it reached defer capacity in late November) and you would need to do so at least 30-45 days ahead of time normally. We didn't know until the day we left that we'd have this issue. There is no recourse from us at that point. Either lose the money or allow another runner to enjoy what my DW could not. So even though this practice happens all the time, for every RD race, I'll keep it to myself.

I was simply adding my thoughts on the matter, its not a practice I agree with nor does RunDisney, so I felt compelled to post about it and while yes im sure it does go on at every event that oesn't make it any less wrong. I was unaware of the deferment rules so thank you for that info and I understand your situation was last minute and you did what you felt what was right for your situation its just not something I would advise people who may not understand the consequences to do that's all I meant with my post I apologize if any feathers were ruffled

No feathers ruffled and I removed the information on the practice from my original post as I would not advise first timers to do so. Now it just appears in your quote.

A lot of races have implemented policies about deferments and cancelations that simply ignore the realities of a runner's life. Racing used to be about the runners and charities, but it is now all about the events themselves. These other options have sprung up to help where the event organizers' greed has run amok. I still run, but I race a lot less because of this.

Every race should allow for late deferment. Injuries are a part of this sport more than any other.

A lot of races have implemented policies about deferments and cancelations that simply ignore the realities of a runner's life. Racing used to be about the runners and charities, but it is now all about the events themselves. These other options have sprung up to help where the event organizers' greed has run amok. I still run, but I race a lot less because of this.

Every race should allow for late deferment. Injuries are a part of this sport more than any other.

The corporate greed which has been exponentially growing since I started doing runDisney races is what has been putting me more and more off. But with each race that comes, it seems that the prices (and sometimes participant field) keep increasing, while the race experience stays level or decreases. I can understand needing to make money as a publicly traded company, but being too greedy leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Still waiting to hear about host hotels. Probably next week or so, after the Princess Half weekend has wrapped up.

Or if not a late deferment at least a legitimate bib transfer system. Disney is frustrating to me because of how far in advance their races sell out, but Competitor has even more onerous policies.

I will be there! WOOO! I have done so many runDisney races and challenges (including Coast to Coast and Dopey!) but this will be my first Wine & Dine! So excited to see a different half course! I have done the Princess 5 times and the Donald 3 times. So I am really ready for a new course!

Looking forward to Wine and Dine 2015 - but only the 5k. I have broke up with halfs for a bit.

Thinking about this race and combining it with the start of MVMCP. Logistics question... it's a point to point race, ending at Epcot. Do they have lots of buses running from Epcot to ESPN? Leaving the car at the finish would be nice.

I am planning to sign up for this race as my FIRST half marathon! I did a 10 mile race in 2013, and I really wanted to do W&D Half in 2014, but got sidetracked with family issues. I'm super excited, but wish my DH was training with me. We've done a lot of running together in the past, but he has foot problems and is more of a bicycle guy, so as of right now, I'm working on this goal SOLO. But I would love to find anyone from Minneapolis/St Paul interested in doing some training runs together this summer.

I'm hoping to register myself and DS(17) for the 2015 W&D, this will be our first Half and our first Disney run. We're super excited and are looking foward to the experience. We've done a few local 5Ks and we run short distances (3-4 miles) on a regular basis, but are looking forward to training for longer distances. A couple years ago when I started thinking about the W&D Half I started trying to train (to hard) and ended up in a boot for 2.5 months. Since then I've learned to appreciate the run/walk and am hoping to continue to stay healthy.
Any helpful tips is always welcome.

Micaela

Oh, I'm glad someone else did this, too! :goodvibes I broke up with them in January 2014 after the Coast to Coast. I did the Donald and the Tink, totally undertrained, and I was like "I am done!" One day, I will work back up to them. But now, 5k. Still, so excited for this race weekend!

Thinking about this race and combining it with the start of MVMCP. Logistics question... it's a point to point race, ending at Epcot. Do they have lots of buses running from Epcot to ESPN? Leaving the car at the finish would be nice.

Yes. They have a multitude of buses running from the Epcot Parking Lot to the start at ESPN WWoS. You cannot park at WWoS, so you have to leave your car at the finish unless you are taking host resort transport or a taxi.

Anyone who has done the W&D in previous years - what's the cab situation like after the party ends? We're planning to stay at my parents' house about 10-15 minutes away, but since they'll be asleep, I want to make sure we can get a ride home ... otherwise, I "guess" I'll just have to make on-site arrangements. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter