Wine and Dine 2015

So, what kind of discounts off hotels and tickets were there last year? Can my DBF get my DVC discount if I register her? She is running her first 1/2 and is so excited but wants to make sure she puts enough $ aside for it.

There isn't a discount on the race for DVC members, only an early booking perk.
Last year's registration (including active.com fees) was $181.55

What is the best mod hotel for this race? Also what is the best way to book, have never been to WDW.

My opinion would be one that is a host hotel. Especially since you've never been to WDW, a host hotel would be more beneficial. The host resorts have not been published yet. In 2014 they were:
Value Resorts: All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century
Moderate Resorts: Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quater
Deluxe Resorts: Yacht & Beach Club, Polynesian, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge
DVC Resorts: Boardwalk, Saratoga Springs

I find my travel agent to be the best way to book. I am always budgeting to have more money in the bank for my next runDisney race, so when I can save some money I usually choose that route. She knows about all the promotions that Disney runs so I don't need to pay that much attention.

Has anyone done this and stayed at a MK hotel? The contemporary is a good price for the dates I want, but I am unsure about transport to get back following the after party. Do they keep the monorail and buses on for a while to all resorts, or just to the ones that are associated with the event?

Another perfect Wine & Dine Half friend of mine has stayed at the Poly for three of the five years. He swears by it and loves taking the monorail back to the hotel after the party. I'm too cheap. lol.

When does pass holder early registration open?

I think I read or heard rumor of March 3rd.

I'm trying to finish planning races to run for proof of time for Wine & Dine. I know the deadline for the Disneyland Half is June 2. Any guesses on when the deadline will be for W&D?

Does the expo really start at 630 pm? Does the merchandise start at the same time?? Just want to make sure I get my I did it shirt

Does the expo really start at 630 pm? Does the merchandise start at the same time?? Just want to make sure I get my I did it shirt

I'm not sure where you read that. The expo will open on Friday, November 6th at 9 or 10 in the morning and close that evening around 8, if the current precedent holds. The expo will also be open on Saturday, November 7th from 9am or 10am until 4pm, at which point they close ESPN Wide World of Sports and start to set things up to stage the race start and pre-race hoopla.

The "I did it!" shirts and all other official race merchandise will be available for sale at the expo during their operating hours. I wish they would set up a decent merchandise location after the finish line. I'm superstitious to the extreme and won't buy that shirt (or wear the shirt that comes with registering) until after I cross the line. I know I will finish, its just a mental thing with bad ju-ju.

I wish they would set up a decent merchandise location after the finish line. I'm superstitious to the extreme and won't buy that shirt (or wear the shirt that comes with registering) until after I cross the line. I know I will finish, its just a mental thing with bad ju-ju.
As a lifelong runner, the training is actually a greater accomplishment than the race. IMO, if you train hard for a race and make it to the starting line, you deserve an "I did it!" tee. :sunny:

I'm considering doing this! :) I haven't even run my first event yet (doing Tinker Bell in May) but then I started thinking that maybe I should just go all out and try for the C2C this year! I am doing Tink with some other-forum friends, but I am East Coast, so I'm not sure when I might go back out to CA again. It's my 40th birthday in December, so maybe I should finish up my 30's with a C2C. :D

Does anyone have any idea when the host resorts will be published? Will they put that information up before registration day?

Does anyone have any idea when the host resorts will be published? Will they put that information up before registration day?

Checked earlier today, still not out yet. I hope they publish them prior to registration. Took a gamble and went eany, meany jelly beany with a DVC this morning. If the one I chose isn't on the host list, I can see about switching to one who is.

My DD24, DD28 and I will be running the 5K. This will be our first runDisney race. We are all new to running, so we are just starting our training. Since we have so much time, we are planning on being in shape for the Enchanted 10K in Feb 2016.

For those who have done runDisney before-

I'm trying to decide if we should go to the parks/resort the week before the race or the week after? The week before is Halloween, so we'd be able to see the Halloween events/decorations and the Christmas ones, but I'm worried that trying to do all the park stuff before a big race may wear me out. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to decide if we should go to the parks/resort the week before the race or the week after? The week before is Halloween, so we'd be able to see the Halloween events/decorations and the Christmas ones, but I'm worried that trying to do all the park stuff before a big race may wear me out. Any thoughts?

I'm definitely a no park before the run girl. I admire those who can do the parks and then the run in the middle of their trip, but I usually ruin my feet somehow on park days and that would be a nightmare during the run. I like to relax so much before the run that I usually plan a spa day beforehand.

I honestly think it depends on what your RunDisney "goal" is!

For me, I will be in the parks all days before the races - my RunDisney race is my reward for all the running and training I did. I want to enjoy every part of the trip - and make the run a memorable one, with pictures and M&Gs ... all of it! For W&D, we will likely hit the parks around Noon or so, have a light dinner and then head to the run. I think of it as stretching and "warming up"!

I recently did a 10K in NOLA ... and then walked an extra 10 miles on top of it that day bar-hopping. No ill effects. I still felt great the next day.

I'm not an elite and I'm never going to win a race, so I want to enjoy the experience.

My girlfriend and I are planning on running this as our first runDisney race and our first half marathon. For those of you that have done the race (or other races) previously how important are the seed times? Did you find you would have enjoyed being in an earlier or later corral?

We are also torn between getting there the week before for Halloween events and Christmas, or just before the race so we are not full of disney's less than ideal food before racing haha. Do you all run for PB during the races at Disney or more for the experiences, do you stop to get pictures with characters mid race are the lines long during the race for pictures?

Thanks for the info guys and gals, look forward to contributing where I can also.

I'm a firm believer in parks after racing. Mostly because I work a desk job, so days of being on my feet is not my norm, and I want fresh legs and feet for my race/s. Plus, a few days of walking after a race makes for a great recovery tool.

My girlfriend and I are planning on running this as our first runDisney race and our first half marathon. For those of you that have done the race (or other races) previously how important are the seed times? Did you find you would have enjoyed being in an earlier or later corral?
It really, really depends on your expected pace. I've done a half at WDW injured, where I mostly walked and averaged around a 15:00/mile pace: I was perfectly happy being in the back of the pack. I've also run races where I was healthy and much faster - I was very glad I'd submitted proof of time to be seeded in earlier corrals. The key is just that you want to be in a corral with folks more or less going the same speed as you while in motion. It makes for a race in which you're not constantly feeling like you're being plowed down by faster runners, nor are you frustrated by being stuck behind much slower runners. Finish times are irrelevant: a 10:00/mile runner could stop for tons of pics and take 3 hours to finish - but he'll likely enjoy the experience more if he starts in a corral with others traveling around the same speed while running. Make sense?

Do you all run for PB during the races at Disney or more for the experiences, do you stop to get pictures with characters mid race are the lines long during the race for pictures?
I've done both... it is possible to PR/PB at a Disney race and I really enjoyed the couple I ran for time. But I also have enjoyed not worrying about time and stopping for pics. My suggestion as a first timer is to not go in with a time goal and enjoy the unique elements that make Disney races special!

We are also torn between getting there the week before for Halloween events and Christmas, or just before the race so we are not full of disney's less than ideal food before racing haha. Do you all run for PB during the races at Disney or more for the experiences, do you stop to get pictures with characters mid race are the lines long during the race for pictures?

Thanks for the info guys and gals, look forward to contributing where I can also.
I run other races for PRs/PBs. I run Disney for fun, and stop for many pictures. You can PR at WDW because it is a flat course, but that would be a huge waste, IMO.

Great detailed reply from PrincessV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter