Wine and Dine 2015

The new route will start at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and will include:
•Northbound Victory Way to Osceola Parkway
•Osceola Parkway to World Drive ramp
•World Drive to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Once runners have entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the course will remain as originally determined.

The race will continue to be timed and medals will be delivered at the finish line at Epcot.

Ok my corral is saying everything from 10miler to a 10k? Anyone know the scoop?

I've seen most people say 10k.

Sucks for all of you who trained for a half and can't run that distance especially those who wanted to use this race as a proof of time. I know rundisney can't control the weather.

From looking at the map in the event guide, it looks like 6-7 miles (if I'm understanding the course changes correctly).
I'm guessing runDisney won't announce an official distance right now because the course as its being run hasn't been measured.

Edit: based on pictures and links to people's times on Twitter it was about 6.88-6.95 mile course.

Last edited:
You guys are awesome I just finished cheering the last runner. So happy right now!!!

Eta from K its looking more like 8 miles haha

Last edited:
My Garmin measured 6.92 and my tangents were absolute garbage, so that was definitely closer to 6.5-6.7.

We are in jostens center, but they can't get updates going in here yet.
The baseball stadium had updates but you could not hear a thing and they didn't turn off the music while he was talking. But the sponsor ads on the outfield screen were working great! ;)

My Garmin measured 6.92 and my tangents were absolute garbage, so that was definitely closer to 6.5-6.7.
The course kept getting shorter. ;) My parents said they kept announcing 7.1 but by the time I was heading out they were saying 6.72.

On the bus to my resort now to pass out!

What's everyone's feelings about wearing the "I did it" shirt or putting the wine and dine 13.1 magnet on your car? I feel like I didn't fully earn the right to use them since I didn't run the full mileage

I clocked 6.65 on my Garmin.

As far as putting my "I did it "car magnet on I am feeling some kind of way about this whole thing. I know weather can not be controlled.

What's everyone's feelings about wearing the "I did it" shirt or putting the wine and dine 13.1 magnet on your car? I feel like I didn't fully earn the right to use them since I didn't run the full mileage

I'll be wearing my shirt. I have zero issues letting people know that the course was shortened.

People on my bus are talking about this and how they feel fake and don't want their medal but amazing enough they're all still wearing them.

I'm fine with the asterisk on this race. I still completed it and I'm still happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter