Will you be taking your family to Disney before a cure/vaccine is found for Covid 19?

Without sounding like doom and gloom...I think social distancing is really going to change the world for the next year or so. I don't know what that means for places with huge crowds, like Disney. The parades, funneling of crowds, restaurants, etc. There are many companies who are canceling all in person events greater than 10, 20 even 50 people.

I think there are plenty of people who are OK with not social distancing but I'm not sure it will be allowed to *not* have it.

We have some pre-existing factors so very nervous about going back. On the flip side, we are longing to go to our beloved Disney. So...I just don't know. Keep hoping for a miracle but now trying to steel myself to the possibility that it may be a solid year or more before we can go again.
I really want to go too! I had to cancel my trip I scheduled in March and it stinks thinking I won't be able to go back until next fall if I wait for a cure. Sigh.

I am really on the fence about going this year or even next year with no cure found. What about you?

Definitely no plans for this year, and most likely next. Can't see when we would ever feel safe in crowds like Disney, and can't see how it could be any different, as that is what Disney is!! Will just have to wait and see how all of this pans out.
We missed our F&G trip end of April and actually cancelled first of Feb. as we knew we would not have been comfortable going even before it was obvious things were shutting down.

If Disney opens with no medical treatment, medications, or vaccine yet available...what would it look like? Limited capacity in the parks, people wearing masks and gloves, how will restaurants be open, how would the character interactions be? Too many things to consider. I really wouldn't want to go to Disney without being what is was. I personally don't feel comfortable going until a vaccine is a available. We weren't planning on going this year. Next year was sort of up in the air.

I am really on the fence about going this year or even next year with no cure found. What about you?
I personally don't think there will be a "cure" for Covid-19. I could see a vaccine potentially being developed, but there are already 3 known strands of Covid-19 floating around in the world (at least according to some news stories I read). One is the original Wuhan strand, a European strand that hit the east coast, and a different strand on the west coast. If there is a vaccine, I see it as being more like a flu shot. Getting the flu shot doesn't mean you can't get the flu, but it may lessen the effects of one if you do get it.

Until we see how this all plays out, I can't say how I feel about visiting a park. I feel pretty doomed to get some form of Covid-19 and hope I survive, but I also think if I get Covid-19 that isn't "insurance" against reinfection.

Still so much we don't know. Right now I'm just doing what makes sense to me and hoping my efforts stave off an infection.

I had to cancel my March trip. I have another trip booked for December. I’m on the fence. Many things will help me make my decision. Will the Canadian government open the boarder to travel this year. What restrictions will be in place at Disney World to make it safe, without the presence of a vaccine.

I am not hung up on needing a cure or vaccine. Reality is that there may never be one.

Telling methat we will have to socially distance until a vaccine or cure is found is telling me there is a chance I will never see my parents or sister again.

True, but there's a HUGE difference between going to see people that you know have also been strictly quarantined versus visiting WDW!

It depends. We still have an uncancelled trip in a few weeks. (I can't bring myself to cancel it). I'm toying w/rescheduling to post christmas. I really wanted one last trip as a family of 3 but it looks like we'll just do a first trip as a family of four earlier than I was planning.

It depends. We still have an uncancelled trip in a few weeks. (I can't bring myself to cancel it). I'm toying w/rescheduling to post christmas. I really wanted one last trip as a family of 3 but it looks like we'll just do a first trip as a family of four earlier than I was planning.
I have a trip sitting in August that I rescheduled from March that I am having a hard time rescheduling again. Hence the post. :)

I think the fact of the matter is is that as places cautiously reopen, as more data is collected, and as states slowly reopen, we will have a year of being cautious, and then a gradual return to normalcy. In a couple years, I doubt social distancing will "change the world" much permanently. I think reports that gatherings, theme parks, and buffet restaurants will close forever is overreacting a bit.

That being said, I have a business plan that involved taking my family to Texas for a couple weeks in August...it depends how life is at this point -- if the virus subsides throughout the summer then I wouldn't wait on a vaccine to take them. If it's still mask and social distance land, well then, they will stay at home. Or I might stay at home too. Who knows?

This is of course based on data, how much states have reopened, and the general state of the world.

Yes we will. I need to create a macro so I can quit typing this out, but the point of social distancing isn't to hide at home forever preventing risk of infection. Its to make sure there are enough hospitals beds for those that need it.

Exactly, this so so true. It is obvious from even this board the biggest issue in going forward is overcoming the fear. While yes there are still unknowns, we will know more over the next month or so about the virus, we already learned so much after a few weeks. We will be able to address it much much better and surgically. I think there is a very good quote about fear that would apply...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!