Will We Need A Car?

DW mouser

DIS Veteran
We are planning on staying onsite at HRH for 7 days. We have a 4 park flex and may also do Discovery Cove. Will we need a car or can we use the flex bus for everything but DC? Would it just be best to use the bus and then Tiffany's for DC?

I feel you should rent a car. Cars can usually be purchased for around $130.00 for a compact. That price includes the outrageous Florida state tax. This would probably be the cost for a compact car. It is sooo much more convenient to have a car. However, parking can add to the cost of having a car. If you want to go to Disney or other places then a car is a good idea.
ADP

We would need a mini-van since there are 7 of us. Since we are staying at HRH, I think there's no parking fee. Is this correct? How much are the fees for parking at Seaworld, Discovery Cove and Wet and Wild? Any ideas on an average price of a mini-van?

We're going in 2 weeks for a 6 day stay at HRH, not renting a car. Had one originally, but cancelled after speaking w/friends who rented and used it one day. It sat in the parking lot their entire stay! We're using Tiffany for pick-up and drop-off at airport. I plan on taking a taxi to Sea World. Patti

If you will just visit the parks on the Flexticket, then I wouldn't think you need a rental car. Universal has a shuttle bus to Sea World and Wet N wild. If you are going to Busch Gardens, you can use the Gwazi Express. It leaves from Sea World at around 9 am and leaves Busch Gardens at around 5 pm. If you want to visit other places offsite, you might want to consider a rental car.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

Thanks everyone! Think we'll not rent a car then. My husband doesn't really want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter