Will RCL sail this summer?

Totally stinks that they would require final payment when there is little chance of cruising. We also made our final payment for our June cruise. There’s three in our party. My daughter and I are fully vaccinated, but my 12-year old granddaughter is too young. Like I said, I don’t think June is going to happen (not sure if we’ll move it to next June or take the refund). But if it happens, and they’ll allow the vaccinated adults to cruise and not the unvaccinated children....well they better let us rebook for all three, or cancel with no penalty.

I was notified that RC has an unpublished policy that you are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your cruise within 60 days of RC canceling it, even if you originally booked a non-refundable deposit. I'm sad about the cruises being cancelled, but I'm happy to say that we now have a full refund being processed.

I did book an Easter 2022 Coco Cay cruise, but did that separately with a fully refundable deposit. pirate: Thanks, again, for the heads-up! It's such a relief to finally have that full refund processed, since it was originally booked in March 2020 for an April 2021 cruise that was cancelled and moved to a June 2021 cruise that was also cancelled.

Last edited:
Just paid off our July cruise, but pretty sure it won't sail. We'll definitely lift and shift because we'll never have the chance at this price again (8 nights, family of 4, just over $2300 for a balcony on Independence of the Sea). Hopefully we'll be able to do it as i don't see any itinerary that matches our current one. If they offer alternate, I hope we keep the same class ship!

My concern isnt whether RCL will sail this summer, Im more concerned with the cockamamie rules and protocols that will be mandated once onboard. I dont wanna come home from a cruise looking like this.

I was notified that RC has an unpublished policy that you are eligible for a full refund if you cancel your cruise within 60 days of RC canceling it, even if you originally booked a non-refundable deposit. I'm sad about the cruises being cancelled, but I'm happy to say that we now have a full refund being processed.

I did book an Easter 2022 Coco Cay cruise, but did that separately with a fully refundable deposit. pirate: Thanks, again, for the heads-up! It's such a relief to finally have that full refund processed, since it was originally booked in March 2020 for an April 2021 cruise that was cancelled and moved to a June 2021 cruise that was also cancelled.

Thanks for posting this. Was the unpublished policy known by the RCL reps you dealt with?

Thanks for posting this. Was the unpublished policy known by the RCL reps you dealt with?
Yes, no questions were asked and a refund was granted within a few minutes. Apparently they all know about it, but they will get fired if they're recorded telling a customer about it.

Yes, no questions were asked and a refund was granted within a few minutes. Apparently they all know about it, but they will get fired if they're recorded telling a customer about it.

Does that policy have a specific name/number? Interesting.

Does that policy have a specific name/number? Interesting.
I was just told that it was a company policy. (No name or ID number.) That's the information that I relayed to the person who began processing my refund and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter