Will my hairspray explode...

barbeml

DIS Veteran
...in my checked luggage?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I haven't flown in 2 years and am trying to figure out all the "liquids" rules. If I put a can of aerosol hairspray in my checked luggage, will it be ok? A few years ago I saw a suitcase at baggage claim oozing shaving cream, so I have always carried my hair care products in my carry ons.

Thanks!

No, it will not explode, but depending on how its packed the lid could come off and its possible the spray button could somehow be pressed by something rubbing against it. Anything can happen during a flight.

I always put my aerosol hairspray in a sealed plastic bag when I fly (actually, I do this for all liquids in my checked luggage). This has saved me some grief in the past when I unpack my suitcase and see something leaked in one of the plastic bags. I also take extra clean baggies for the return trip home, in case there is a leak on the first part of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter