Will I Get My ADRs?

M-J's Mommy

Mouseketeer
Hello to all, first off. I have been reading through this forum for a couple of months and finally decided to join. You all rock.

Anywho, I will be booking my VERY FIRST DW vacation on or around July 1st. The actual vacation will be from September 10th through 18th. I will be on the DDxP and I was just wanting some input from you all as to whether or not I will be able to get the ressies that I want. If I call for them on July 1st, will I be able to book anything, or should I just go with counter-service? How slim do you think the pickings will be? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Traveling with just myself and a 2 year-old, if that makes a difference.

Congratulations on your first WDW trip! You will have a great time. Now stop reading this and pick up the phone and book your ADRs NOW! You do not have to have your vacation booked in order to make ADRs. Your 90 day window opened up today so you need to get to it. If you start booking today you shouldn't have any problem getting the things you want. You can go ahead and tweak things as needed (and available) as your trip gets closer.

Good luck.

If you book your room soon (I think it's before 6/21, but double check) you can qualify for Free Dining!! I would definately look into that!:thumbsup2

Congratulations on your first WDW trip! You will have a great time. Now stop reading this and pick up the phone and book your ADRs NOW! You do not have to have your vacation booked in order to make ADRs. Your 90 day window opened up today so you need to get to it. If you start booking today you shouldn't have any problem getting the things you want. You can go ahead and tweak things as needed (and available) as your trip gets closer.

Good luck.

If you book your room, you could call and make your ADRs for your entire vacation today under the 90+10 rule. Otherwise, you will only be able to book ADRs for 9/10 today, and have to call back tomorrow to book 9/11, and so on. If you have a reservation at a WDW resort, you can call 90 days ahead of your checkin and make ADRs for up to 10 days.

I agree, if it's possible for you to book your vacation before 6/21, it'd be very beneficial to you! All you need is a $200 deposit. You can pay for the remainder of it 45 days before your trip.

This way, not only will you be able to hop on board with free dining (HIGHLY recommend! Huge savings!), but you'll be able to make ALL your reservations as soon as you're booked. That will mean you're that much more likely to get the ADR's you want.

Good luck!!!

The deadline for booking free dining has been extended until July 26, 2009:)

If you book your room, you could call and make your ADRs for your entire vacation today under the 90+10 rule. Otherwise, you will only be able to book ADRs for 9/10 today, and have to call back tomorrow to book 9/11, and so on. If you have a reservation at a WDW resort, you can call 90 days ahead of your checkin and make ADRs for up to 10 days.

Thanks, Maggie'sMom, nice catch because I wasn't clear. I was so focused on her not having to wait until after she booked to make her ADR's I left that important caveat out. However, if you don't have the money to put down now it certainly would be in your best interest to call every day to get the ADR's you want.

Better to do it today if you possibly can at all, as the others have said and for the same reasons. Sooner the better.

I would book it yesterday. You need $200 to do it. Do it now. You should be good with your ress. Just know where & when & time u want to go. Have it all ready and be on the phone at your 90 day mark @ 7:00 am
Have a Magical Trip

Thank you all so much for your responses. My head has been spinning with all of the things to plan before we go, but at least with you guys and gals I know what I actually need to plan in the first place. I remember reading somewhere that someone felt bad for people who go to WDW and don't know all of these things that you all discuss. Agreed on that point.

I called the reservations line today and the CM said that I could call back each day starting tomorrow and make reservations one day at a time. I REALLY can't afford to book the trip until July 1st, so hopefully it all works out. I'm just going to have to call back every day and do the fine tuning later.

Thanks again guys/gals.

Thank you all so much for your responses. My head has been spinning with all of the things to plan before we go, but at least with you guys and gals I know what I actually need to plan in the first place. I remember reading somewhere that someone felt bad for people who go to WDW and don't know all of these things that you all discuss. Agreed on that point.

I called the reservations line today and the CM said that I could call back each day starting tomorrow and make reservations one day at a time. I REALLY can't afford to book the trip until July 1st, so hopefully it all works out. I'm just going to have to call back every day and do the fine tuning later.

Thanks again guys/gals.

I don't know if this is still true, but it used to be you could book the trip and then pay the deposit anytime within the next week. I know they let me do that when we changed from 1 room for all of us to 2 rooms (which is therefore 2 reservations), but that could have been because we already had that first package booked. Still, it couldn't hurt to check. If they'd allow it, that would make it so you could book a free dining package on 6/26 and pay the deposit on 7/1 as planned.

Well I know that if I book through AAA, I only have to put down 100 dollars to hold the package and TAs usually get you a better price on flights to and from anyway, so maybe I will have to do that. I just want to have the perfect vacation as I've never been on one before. YAY!

The 200 deposit on a credit card, gives you time to pay it off, at least 20 days...are you sure that would not work for you?

I want to WISH you A MAGICAL vacation!!!! :wizard:
Have Fun making MEMORIES that will last a LIFETIME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter