Will I be disappointed with POP?

shasess

My Disney Princess!!!
I called in to Disney today to book our room for ASMovies but the AAA discount has sold out for the dates that we wanted. The only other option available in my budget was POP so I booked it. I have never been to POP or ASMovies so I don't know what to expect (We stayed offsite last year) It will only be my DD9 and myself traveling together so the room size is not really an issue. We really wanted ASMovies because of the pools and the room decor.(my daughter loves 101 dalmatians) ASMovies just seems more "kid related". Am I wrong? (I hope so)

PS. We will be renting a car so being the last resort to be picked up on the bus route (ASM) didnt really matter.

I think you will love Pop. We've been there 3 times and we love it! It is bigger than the AS resorts. The theming is very fun and CMs are very friendly. Be sure to check out the food court at 6:00pm one evening. Have a great trip!

My daughter (7) and I stayed at POP for 2 nights after christmas and loved it. We will be staying again this Christmas. Didnt even think about staying anywhere else.

We've been to Pop 3 times also and it is actually our resort of choice now. We can't bear spending $300 - $500 for a room anymore when we're really not there that much. This last trip we took our two nieces with us and they loved the place. It is big and the food court can get crazy at peak times but it's still worth it. I'm looking right now into a F&W trip in October. Have fun!!!

shasess said:
I called in to Disney today to book our room for ASMovies but the AAA discount has sold out for the dates that we wanted. The only other option available in my budget was POP so I booked it. I have never been to POP or ASMovies so I don't know what to expect (We stayed offsite last year) It will only be my DD9 and myself traveling together so the room size is not really an issue. We really wanted ASMovies because of the pools and the room decor.(my daughter loves 101 dalmatians) ASMovies just seems more "kid related". Am I wrong? (I hope so)

PS. We will be renting a car so being the last resort to be picked up on the bus route (ASM) didnt really matter.

My family prefers POP over AS's. You'll like POP - it's just as nice, and fun (and personally I like the Food Court better)

But if youre super set on AS - keep calling. Call everyday, see if someone cancelled. But if they dont...

Dont panic - POP is really cute! :goodvibes

We'll be at Pop in March. Family members have stayed there and it's their favorite.

We have stayed at POP three times. It is fun, you will have a good time. How bad can anything at Disney be?
Our only complaint would be how crowded the food court is, and how hard it is to find a table.
I especially like our last room with a lake view.
Don't forget you can see the Epcot fireworks from some of the higher floors!
Have a great time.

I haven't stayed there but I want too. I think it looks fun. I'd like to just walk around and look. Dh and I have thrown around the idea of spending our anniversary weekend in WDW and I definitely want to try POP if we go.

Thanks for all the input...sounds like POP with be great as well!! :cheer2:

dont worry another second about staying at pop..you will have a blast!!!...the bus system is great there...i wouldnt even get a car if i was you...just take a towncar or magic express from the airport..once you are on site the bus system will take you anywhere you wanna go...have a great time !!!

I have never stayed at POP - but anywhere is better than at home - especially when it involves Florida :sunny:

I'm a DVC member so have stayed at the deluxe resorts often. People almost scared me off from my October trip to POP. It was my college daughter and myself and we LOVED it! The theming is adorable, I heard no noise, the pools were empty. I would go back in a heartbeat!
Have a Great trip!
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter