Wii Help - Do we need extra Nunchuks?

mlulrich

Earning My Ears
Hi All!

My boys have been saving up money to buy a Nintendo Wii -- we've already purchased the console for them (when Best Buy had buy Wii, get Wii Sports Resort free!), but now they have $105 remaining. We are not giving them the game system until the last day of school, but we need to purchase additional controllers and are trying to figure out the best use of their money. Do we really need extra nunchuks, or are we better off to just buy 3 extra wii-motes? If the nunchuks are required, should we just buy one extra wii-mote and one extra nunchuk and maybe one more game?

Thanks in advance for any guidance -- this is a whole new arena for us!
Michelle

If the game requires a nunchuck, all players need one. Some games you can borrow one back and forth if the game alertnates turns but a spilt screen two player game requires 2 nunchuks. Some of the mario games and just dance on 2 player require all the players to have one.

We bought some of the knock off nunchucks at gamestop for $15 and they work fine.

We have 4 controllers but only 2 nunchucks. That seems to work fine for us. I would also suggest gamestop. That is where we get all our games and have never had a problem with used ones.

Hi Michelle. The answer to your question depends on the games that your boys will play. If they are going to get the Wii sports (which has the boxing) or any of the Olympic games (especially the summer games), then yes, they are going to need the nunchuck and the remote.

We started out with 2 nunchucks and 2 remotes. We're now up to 4 of each (which we purchased over 3 years when there was a special), 1 mariokart wheel, the wii fit board and a gazillion games. I've also lost count of the number of wii guitars we have in the house and *think* that we only have 1 wii drum kit :rotfl2:.....at least I hope so. Have you got a spare room?

My husband has turned out to be a worse addict than my son where the Guitar Hero range is concerned :confused3!

Thanks so much for all the info -- it sounds like I should start out with at least one extra nunchuk -- so now for the next question -- my older boys are 6 and 8 -- is there a must-have game that you would suggest for them? We do already have Wii Sports Resort! Thanks again!

Two words: RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES!!!!!!

Everyone in my family loves Mario Kart. Not as difficult to play as Super Mario Bros. If you have wireless in your home, you can connect the Wii to it and race against others around the region and world via that. It's pretty secure. All you do is race them.

Also...if you join Netflix, for $8.99 a month you can stream unlimited movies and whatever tv series they have loaded through that.

Gamestop is awesome.

If you have an older Game Cube system, the Wii plays those discs, too. You can get those used discs at GameStop, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter