Why would DCL do this?

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
I was watching a you tube video and they were on the dream. The table stand in their room had the same table stand that the magic and wonder have. What happened to the good table stands that the dream and fantasy have? My guess is when the table stands wear out they are replacing them with the cheap table stands. I haven’t been on the dream and fantasy in a few years. They were in a inside stateroom my cruises on the dream and fantasy were inside and had the good table stands.
I know the answer to my question is $$$$ but it seems like DCL could stay with the good table stands and not go back to the cheap ones.

Last edited:
If you're talking about nightstands, I just got off the Fantasy last week and can honestly tell you they seemed perfectly fine to me. To be honest though, I didn't pay much attention. It's just a place to leave my journal and my iPad Mini, which I use as an alarm clock while traveling.

Do you mean those things that opened up and had storage? I can only imagine the things that would have been forgotten in them. And to be honest the last time I had a cabin with one I opened it and immediately shut it due to the stench from where someone - I can only assume - used it to stuff still sweaty clothes in for the duration (from reading on here MANY people used it as a laundry hamper). Horrendous.

I’d rather have the simple table I had in July than that germ box in the cabin.

Do you mean those things that opened up and had storage? I can only imagine the things that would have been forgotten in them. And to be honest the last time I had a cabin with one I opened it and immediately shut it due to the stench from where someone - I can only assume - used it to stuff still sweaty clothes in for the duration (from reading on here MANY people used it as a laundry hamper). Horrendous.

I’d rather have the simple table I had in July than that germ box in the cabin.

Yes. Table stand wasn’t a good word for me to use since the ones on the dream and fantasy are not table stands or most of them now but chests. When I get on a cruise on the magic and wonder I have the stateroom host remove the table because it really doesn’t do anything except get in the way.

Now I understand. I actually like the storage table. That’s where we put the fish extender gifts we received until we packed them up to go home. But I could actually see a lot of people using that as someone self or laundry or for shoe storage

I assume that the OP was talking about the tables in front of the couch ... they were a table with a single support in the center and they could be raised or lowered.

This is not the best pic ... but it's from the Magic in Sept. 2018 of the table. Found out that it could be raised and lowered accidentallyP1190598.jpg.

I assume that the OP was talking about the tables in front of the couch ... they were a table with a single support in the center and they could be raised or lowered.

This is not the best pic ... but it's from the Magic in Sept. 2018 of the table. Found out that it could be raised and lowered accidentallyView attachment 425482.
Wait. The ones on the Magic and Wonder are adjustable? I had no idea.

We had a table in our first cruise - Wonder 2010 - and then all have been the storage table (which I use as a foot stool), except for one cruise where we had nothing but open space (so we took in the veranda table).

I also didn't know the Magic/Wonder ones are adjustable. Thanks for letting us know, hoping to book our 2021 cruise on the Magic. I never store anything in the ones on the Fantasy, too afraid I'd forget about it.

I also didn't know the Magic/Wonder ones are adjustable. Thanks for letting us know, hoping to book our 2021 cruise on the Magic. I never store anything in the ones on the Fantasy, too afraid I'd forget about it.
They are adjustable, when they work. Often, it seems, that people have been sitting on the table, causing the adjustment mechanism to not function.

Maybe the Youtube video was mislabeled. I've seen them mislabeled. Some that don't know better think that all of the ships are the same and are not always labeled correctly.

DCLPluto do you have a link?

Maybe the Youtube video was mislabeled. I've seen them mislabeled. Some that don't know better think that all of the ships are the same and are not always labeled correctly.

DCLPluto do you have a link?

The video was not mis labeled the inside room had the virtual port hole.

Perhaps it was an accessible room and the storage table was not wheelchair friendly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter