Why was I rejected?

Amandas4

A little Obsessed
Has anyone ever known why they were rejected from the program? I just took the WBI and was immediately told that they had no roles that match my interests and skill set. I expressed at least some interest in every role on the application and there wasn't really room enough on the application to adequately explain my skill set. I am graduating in May so this was my last chance. I just wonder if I called the "If you have any questions" number, if they'd tell me why.

Has anyone ever known why they were rejected from the program? I just took the WBI and was immediately told that they had no roles that match my interests and skill set. I expressed at least some interest in every role on the application and there wasn't really room enough on the application to adequately explain my skill set. I am graduating in May so this was my last chance. I just wonder if I called the "If you have any questions" number, if they'd tell me why.
If you don't call, they won't tell you. If you call, they might tell you. The only way to possibly find out is to call. What's the worst that can happen if you call?

For the WBI it's important to give consistent and strong answers. They ask a lot of basically the same questions in different ways, such as: "I'm always on time" vs. "I'm never late". Your answers need to be consistent. It's also better to answer strongly agree/disagree as much as possible rather than just agree/disagree or neutral (though a few agree/disagree/neutral are ok). But in the end it's just a personality test and a lot of people "fail" it because they just don't know what to expect or they over think the questions trying to give the answer they think Disney wants.

If you call they won't really give you any details about why your responses didn't qualify you to move on to the phone interview stage. They'll just give some generic answer saying your responses didn't match the profile they were looking for or something like that.

If you still really want to do the program you could consider taking just one class in the Fall semester and you'll be eligible to apply for the Spring 2016 program. Take an easy class through your local community college, it would be fairly cheap and maybe you'll learn something interesting or fun even if you don't need it for your career path. You could even do an online class, all they require is that you're enrolled in a college or university taking at least one class.

It took me 5 years to get a job . I got rejection after rejection. Hang in there I know its hard. Increase your education and work exp.

The WBI is when you kind of have to fudge a little but be consistant. So you always have to strongly agree or strongly disagree.

The way they kick a lot of people is they will ask the same question but phrased differently. If you answer differently
i.e
clocking in for a coworker is bad
a) strongly agree b)agree c) neutral d)disagree e) strongly disagree

And

I would clock in for a late coworker
a) strongly agree b)agree c) neutral d)disagree e) strongly disagree

Then you would have to answer A and E if you were to say A and D or A and C then they say oh this person isn't consistant no go.

This is my thought....I truly think that there is a computer algorithm that is applied to the online application. If you use words/phrases that it's looking for, then you get moved on the the WBI. Same thing applies...it's looking for particular answers. As noted above, consistency. If the program sees what it wants, you move to the phone interview. It's all pretty cut and dried. It's not as if there are 100 people, sitting around, looking at these online applications/WBIs and deciding who goes through and who doesn't. That just isn't the case. So, it's really nothing personal. Which is why some people make it in after a few tries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts