Why they are closing monorail earlier

You really need to send a letter or email to Disney and outline your experience. ...... and the fact that you might not spend the money on a monorail resort in the future if that is indeed the case.

I agree with this. It seems like you got some horrible advice from cast members. Not to use the bus transportation that Disney spends a ton of money to provide. Wow!

Long story, short...If it isn't a maintenance issue than it is anybody's guess what it was for...cost savings seems logical, but those buses don't operate for free either. :confused3

Yeah, this is where the cost savings conspiracy falls apart. Running the buses will cost them just about as much I would think.

How do you get from Epcot back to the parking lot?
Do they have the trams?
Sorry but we've always payed to Valet then used the monorail to get back so I'm not quite sure how to get from Epcot back to the parking lot the normal way.

Yeah, this is where the cost savings conspiracy falls apart. Running the buses will cost them just about as much I would think.

No, the buses are cheaper, not a whole lot cheaper, but cheaper, and the buses can go anywhere, whereas the monorail currently can't.

I already answered the question, simply and now everyone is going to turn it into a stupid debate, huh -.-

How do you get from Epcot back to the parking lot?
Do they have the trams?
Sorry but we've always payed to Valet then used the monorail to get back so I'm not quite sure how to get from Epcot back to the parking lot the normal way.

Which parking lot? The one at TTC? There will be a bus running to the TTC if the monorail is closed.

I suppose the TTC would be where I needed to park to get into Epcot...
How far is the walk? Or how much is a cab?
I'd rather cut off my right arm then take a stupid bus, that's why we keep our rental and Valet park.

Which parking lot? The one at TTC? There will be a bus running to the TTC if the monorail is closed.

You know if they want to keep guests on property this seems like a really stupid move. It feels like you're being punished for taking advantage of EMH or worse being punished after paying extra for party tickets to be in the park.

This could very well be what makes me decide to stop staying on property, not just at the Monorail hotels - but on property period.

The only thing property still has going for it at this point is the meal plan, and if the food quality keeps going down, there wont be any reason to stay on property at all.

We only stayed for EMH (And only at MK and Epcot) and the food anyway.

I'd rather cut off my right arm then take a stupid bus, that's why we keep our rental and Valet park.

If you are spending all day at Epcot, just park in the Epcot lot, right at Epcot. You can then take the little parking tram to your car at the end of the day. No bus or monorail required.

OK....but what happens if you are a guest and drive to the park?? Especially MK because there is NO safe way to walk back to the car... to the CR yes...maybe they will let me park there...hehehe:lmao:

You know if they want to keep guests on property this seems like a really stupid move. It feels like you're being punished for taking advantage of EMH or worse being punished after paying extra for party tickets to be in the park.

This could very well be what makes me decide to stop staying on property, not just at the Monorail hotels - but on property period.

The only thing property still has going for it at this point is the meal plan, and if the food quality keeps going down, there wont be any reason to stay on property at all.

We only stayed for EMH (And only at MK and Epcot) and the food anyway.

I completely agree. The only reason we even consider paying the outrageously high rack rates at the CR is because of the monorail. I rationalize in my head that free dining is a reasonable offset, but pencil to paper proves I can eat much better offsite for far less if I don't stay at the CR.

Now, make me take a bus, and the many hotels that encircle the WDW property have suddenly become equals to me, with much better accomodations at much lower prices, and I'll factor in much better meals at lower prices as an advantage.

This feeling will only be fortified if I have to walk past a closed monorail station after getting off a bus on my way back to our room at the CR.

WDW Marketing, are you listening? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will come to that same conclusion.

Yep - we won't be staying in the monorail resorts either. We are Poly addicts. We love it because we can come and go (especially late since grandma watches the babies so that my husband and I can go after they go to bed). But if it won't be so easy to do it, it isn't worth paying so much extra. We'll just stay in a moderate and drive ourselves.

If you want to valet park, why don't you park at the Beach Club and enter through the International Gateway? No bus.

The stated maintenance reason was that with all the extended park hours, which have been getting longer and longer over the years, there wasn't enough downtime to perform all the maintenance that was really necessary.

But it's also about money. You can do an amazing amount of maintenance in a very short period of time given an unlimited budget. But that's not practical. So in order to do the maintenance AND meet the budget, they had to cut back the hours.

The system has been failing more and more frequently when it IS needed, that a cutback when it is lesser utilized made sense (at least to them).

As for it being temporary or permanent, Disney did not publicly announce it either way but an internal memo did say "permanent". Given that Disney didn't even say "temporary", it's as permanent as anything else - which means they could change it tomorrow or 10 years from now. In either case, it is a planned operational change, with no notice of a future change.

The stated reason is maintenance.. you're welcome to join the conspiracy theorists, though. Not sure if they're discussing this or the fake moon landing at the moment.

The stated reason is maintenance.. you're welcome to join the conspiracy theorists, though. Not sure if they're discussing this or the fake moon landing at the moment.

I've said it before.... I'll say it again.

I look quite spiffy in my tin foil hat.

About 2 weeks ago when my family and I were visiting the Grand Floridian we heard from one of the Monorail Cast Members standing at the entrance doors to their Monorail station that the Resort Monorail line was down and they didn't know when it would be running again. Now thankfully we had driven there and it didn't effect us, however it's funny because just before we parked I saw the Resort Monorail going along the track. So whatever maintenance they are doing hasn't worked yet or they haven't worked on all the Monorail trains.

Can I take the boat back to the Boardwalk or does that close an hour after as well?

The boat stops 1 hour after closing but it's an easy walk to any of the 5 Epcot resorts, especially Beach Club and Boardwalk.

Easy if you have two healthy and perfectly working legs... how easy with arthritis in your hips and knees?

The boat stops 1 hour after closing but it's an easy walk to any of the 5 Epcot resorts, especially Beach Club and Boardwalk.

Easy if you have two healthy and perfectly working legs... how easy with arthritis in your hips and knees?

Compared to walking in the parks...pretty dang easy:confused3. Probably not really any less of a walk than walking to the monorail and then from the monorail to get your car

But again...why don't you just park you car at EPCOT and take the tram from the parking lot to the main entrance? Why do you park at TTC to get to EPCOT? You only have to park at TTC to get to MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter