Why Pool Hop?

Opps..no "real" pool bar at any of the AllSports. Just an outside bar, that you have to get out of the pool for and walk over to.

I truly am one of those who just doesn't see pool hoppers. Until this last trip. One of the interesting times was: we were on the boat with this family, that came from the campground (we ate lunch there, and then we stopped to pin trade at Wilderness Lodge). They got off too. We heard them mentioning swimming there and that they were staying at the cmapground. We all got off the boat, and I have to admit, I was curious, and walked over to the pool, since she sure wasn't making any attempt to hide it....where the gal asked the lifeguard if they could swim there, even though they were from Fort Wilderness campground, and surprise, surprise..he said yes, no problem!!

When we left, we were again on the boat with a group, and the mom (different Mom) asked if they were hungry after their swim, and did they want to go back to the campground, or over to the Park to eat. So maybe, it's OK between the two FW's if you ask.
So, we really still never know. People who aren't suppose to be there swimming, may have asked and gotten permission. I have to say, it was really crowded, and I wouldn't have wanted to go in with that crowd.

As soon as I get my "babysitter stroller" pictures developed, I have some pool hopping pictures to share.

By the way, when it was "legal" we pool hopped from the campground (haven't stayed there in years..but when we did, it was legal!) to the pool at the Poly..because it was summer, and the Poly pool was cooler than the campground pool. At that time, the boat was a direct route, and took very little time.

We are DVC members also and have no desire to pool hop,we hardly ever use the pool where we are staying.
i hope this thread dies out early before some of the other posters get wind of it.there are some not so friendly posts on here and i also think that new people to these boards get ran off by some people.i just dont get why people want to be so rude.

Why are DVC members not allowed to pool hop to AKL???.

I can understand them not being allowed at YC/BC because of Stormalong Bay, but why not AKL? (BTW, I am not a DVC member and I do not pool hop.)

Also, I think that what skiwee1 said was perfectly o.k. They said nothing out-of-tone or rude IMO.

Thanks.

Richard. :)

No hopping to AKL or SAB - that's just DVC rules. Also, during holiday times, we get locked out of pool hopping. We used to PH over to SAB in the old days because my son and husband liked that one. I still don't think it's much (I prefer the quiet pool at the Villas), but we bought there to stay there for SAB. We also like WL pool (and we bought there, too). OKW pools are fine most of the time.

I was just thinking. We could pool hop to every pool at WDW on our upcoming trip since we will be staying at AKL and BCV (on points). But we wouldn't get much park time in.

Originally posted by skiwee1
I don't see a problem with DVCers pool hopping either. That is a nice perk I'm sure. I was addressing the non DVCers pool hopping which I think is unfair. The way Howling Howie's post came off I didn't think he was a DVCer. If he was then I thought he would say so. As for DVC spending more cash and more trips that isn't aways true. We will have gone over 30 days in the last 12 months after my next trip starting tomorrow and we are not DVC nor do we desire to buy into DVC. We spend a lot of money between staying at deluxe resorts, eating every meal in Disney and don't get me started about the souveniers I buy! LOL! I just get a little rankled when I hear of someone paying to stay somewhere else and then enjoying the amenities that I have paid for. They talk about how their own pools is overcrowded and not as nice. Well hello ? That is reason we pay to stay at the nicer resorts to avoid such things. Not to have someone that didn't put out the money to pool crash.

Terry -

I totally agree with you ! Particularly about people paying to stay at the All-Stars or Moderate resorts and then just going to the deluxe resorts because they feel the resort they've chosen is overcrowded. I just tend to get a little rattled when it seems people get angry with the DVC pool hopping perk when we pay our fair share to be able to have this perk.:rolleyes: By the way, I do realize non-dvc'rs spend their share of $$ and some come as often as 2 or 3 times a year, just meant that many dvc'rs because of being members tend to come down more than once a year;)

Truthfully, I got off the subject, to answer the original ?? about Why Pool Hop??

For us the answer would be because our home resort that we usually stay in OKW, doesn't have a slide or children's jumping fountain like they do at some of the other resorts like the Poly or the GF and my son is only 2yrs old. So for us to spend the extra $$ to go to a water park is just not worth it because he's just too young yet. However, being only 2 he loves to run in the jumping fountain and the kid in me still loves to go down a water slide once in a while LOL:p so for us a day of pool hopping to enjoy these things is lots of fun!

On one of our nonpark days we rented bikes at POFQ and rode around. We went to the pool at PORS. We went fishing, swam and ate lunch at their food court then we rode our bikes back to POFQ. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

The last time we were at the ASSp the life guard suggested the ASM pool. Both pools had baseball and football teams that were throwing footballs around the pool. We stayed but some families with young children did go over there.

Particularly about people paying to stay at the All-Stars or Moderate resorts and then just going to the deluxe resorts because they feel the resort they've chosen is overcrowded.

As soon as I see a post with this sentence, the hair stands up on my neck. There is no way to know if pool hoppers are value or moderate stayers. The person pool hopping might well be from a deluxe or not even staying in Disney. Or they may have permission. Please don't stereotype, and ruin this thread..which is the question: Why Pool hop?

When I asked the question I did not intend on it turning into a right or wrong issue. I just didn't realize that if someone wanted to drag themselves, their stuff and family to another resort why they just didn't want to do that and go to a water park. Or if they wanted to swim for a little while then why not just take a swim at where you are staying. I never thought of doing this because it seems like such a pain to do it. There is so much to do at Disney and so little time. I guess if you went to Disney a lot then you might want to check out the other resorts and what they have to offer so you can make your decision on where you want to stay next. I should never ask questions that people will debate over.

When I asked the question I did not intend on it turning into a right or wrong issue

Don't worry. On the DIS you can bring up the most innocent of topics and it will result in an argument. I've even seen threads were some posters have asked for answers only, and there will always be those that have to take it to the right/wrong, ethical/unethical, left/right level. I guess it's the nature of the beast. You can post about what a great trip you had last time you went to WDW and there will be a dozen posters lining up to tell you why you are wrong, and convince you that you had a miserable time :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter