Why not a fastpass system?

florida fan

Earning My Ears
Why doesn't USF and IOA do a fastpass system like Disney? That way everyone can ride their favorite rides more than once without waiting in long lines. Wouldn't this be better than FOTL where you can only ride once?

Universal has Fast Track, which is like Disney's Fast Pass. You get a ticket that gives you a 15 minute window. If you return within that window period, you get to go to the front of the line. Fast Track is at BTTF and Twister at USF, and Poseideon's Fury and JPRA at IOA.

-----------------------------

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

The new Universal Express starting Feb 15th is a "fastpass" system and it will be on most attractions

That's great, can't wait till my next visit. It's a much more memorable vacation when you don't spend half of it waiting in long lines.

I think Earl implied that Disney had Fast Pass trademarked/copyrighted/patented or such, which was part of the reason Universal is changing their system, Disney may have been threatening legal action. Am I correct in my inferrence there Earl?

Anyway, by going to a system where the customer can select a specific time, their system is sufficiently different than Disney's to not be infringing.

I believe Disney actually had a copyright on the design of the machines, not the ride reservation system. To get around that Uni will allow you to select your return time.

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter