Why no southern Caribbean 11-night for 2020?

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
It was the best cruise we've ever been to - Even though San Juan was scratched last minute due to protests there.

11 was the perfect duration imo.
7 nights feels a bit too short, and would love to do a 14+ night TA or Panama but they sail when kids at school. So that's a no for now.
We also LOVED Barbados and Martinique.

Why aren't there 11+ nights to the Caribbean in the summer of 2020?
Seems a bit odd, considering it seemed to be quite a popular cruise, everyone we met onboard were ecstatic about the route/cruise.

There is a 9 night one in June (sans SJ) but I'm just wondering why did they decide to not do the 11 night in 2020?

It was the best cruise we've ever been to - Even though San Juan was scratched last minute due to protests there.

11 was the perfect duration imo.
7 nights feels a bit too short, and would love to do a 14+ night TA or Panama but they sail when kids at school. So that's a no for now.
We also LOVED Barbados and Martinique.

Why aren't there 11+ nights to the Caribbean in the summer of 2020?
Seems a bit odd, considering it seemed to be quite a popular cruise, everyone we met onboard were ecstatic about the route/cruise.

There is a 9 night one in June (sans SJ) but I'm just wondering why did they decide to not do the 11 night in 2020?
This is pure speculation but it probably has to do with money. To keep on 14 night rotation, they probably make more money on a 9 and 6 night rotation than an 11 and 3.

I have a seven night southern Caribbean booked in 2020 but I would have loved a longer cruise. Maybe they will bring it back for 2021. One can Wish!

We were on the 11-night southern in 2018 and it is our favorite DCL cruise (out of 19). We are on the 9-night Eastern next summer but sure wish it were the 11-night Southern again.

We were on the 11-night southern in 2018 and it is our favorite DCL cruise (out of 19). We are on the 9-night Eastern next summer but sure wish it were the 11-night Southern again.
We are on that cruise also and really excited. We haven’t done an eastern in 7 years and this one has some ports we have never been to.

Dream is going into a dry dock (= offline for a bit) next year, so they want Fantasy to do more sailings (incl. a few 5-nighters). For most families, the budget constraint would kick in much earlier than the 9 vs 11 nights.

Last year, the 11-nighter still had quite a bit of availability late into June - vs the longer European and Alaskan July sailings that sold out more quickly.

Last year, the 11-nighter still had quite a bit of availability late into June - vs the longer European and Alaskan July sailings that sold out more quickly.

Yes. IIRC this year's 11 night had SR's available up until 2 weeks before sailing. It's an expensive itinerary.
It's expensive but it has the perfect combo of sea days/POC's
No other Caribbean itinerary offers as many sea days during holidays (summer, spring break, Xmas) afaik.
Man, I wish it was available again.

I was hoping for this in 2020 as well! My other option, our fall break in October, has been chartered by Turner Classic Movies. :( Very bummed about my cruising options for next year. (first world problems, I know)

I was hoping for this in 2020 as well! My other option, our fall break in October, has been chartered by Turner Classic Movies. :( Very bummed about my cruising options for next year. (first world problems, I know)

We take a 7 day each fall break till 2020. Disney isn't offering any during our fall break, but the WBTA falls on break time. So we are going to do that one.

We take a 7 day each fall break till 2020. Disney isn't offering any during our fall break, but the WBTA falls on break time. So we are going to do that one.
I toyed with that one. I'm not sure we could get ourselves over to England early enough for me to be comfortable. My daughter is in middle school now and it's so much work for her to make up if we miss too many days... I haven't ruled it out!

Right? It was so special, even with the rain in CC on the last day.
I loved it so much... makes me nostalgic just thinking about it.
I could have done with a better day on Castaway Cay - I was really looking forward to that being a great day at the beach. But I guess even Disney can't control the weather. ;-)

I toyed with that one. I'm not sure we could get ourselves over to England early enough for me to be comfortable. My daughter is in middle school now and it's so much work for her to make up if we miss too many days... I haven't ruled it out!

With it falling over fall break, our kids will miss five days so we can go over a few days early. Luckily our school allows for five days for family vacations. Both will be in high school, but good students and can work on homework while on wifi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!