Why do you love Ohana?

The last time we were there, we were a party of 19, with 8 kids ranging from 12-4, I know. We were placed at three large round tables, I was one of the last to sit down and somehow all 8 kids ended up at the same table. Oh no is all I thought. It ended up being one of the best meals we had all week, and it was completely due to the wait staff. I know it's their job, but they were so patient and were literally running to get the kids whatever they needed. One would ask for a refill, and as soon as he brought it back, another would, typical kid stuff. Gratuity was included in the meal, but each of 3 couples with kids tipped him on top of whatever was on the bill. The food has always been good to us, but the service was top notch.

Ahem... we love Ohana for location, ambiance, food quality, setting, it's more than just a meal it's a whole experience. The Poly is a beautiful resort, a WDW opening day original, and Ohana has an old school Disney quality to it while still being modern. And it's served family style AYCTE, so if you run out of anything they'll bring you more! But you won't need more dessert - it's like a meal in itself!! I can't eat the bread pudding (allergies) but my family loves it so incredibly much. The whole meal for us usually takes around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Enjoy!!

I absolutely agree with everything above. They have delicious all you can eat meat on a stick with unique but not overbearing flavors.

What else could ya want? :P

I guess at this stage it is mainly the food. When the kids were younger they enjoyed some of the activities too. Three out of four of our usual travelling group love it, while one does not enjoy the food at all (at least partially due to a shrimp allergy, I think, and the fear that everything there may be contaminated). Last trip we also had the bonus of a view of the MK fireworks.

We really love it. We've been there 5 times and have never had a bad experience. The very first visit we waited a bit past our ADR to be called back, but the other visits, we were seated right on time. The food has always been good (and plentiful). One visit we had a server that was just so so and we did have some lag between courses, but other than that the service has always been exceptional.

We love Ohana... it's such a fun upbeat restaurant to dine at & is my disney favorite. I always look forward to dining here again all year long!

I love the food! The salad, noddles, veggies & chicken & especially the dessert

This restaurant gets lots of bad talk on here but lots must love it as much as me as it's so tough to land a reservation here.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was wonderful. We didn't wait long for our table. We grabbed drinks at the bar and our buzzer went off as soon as we got our drinks. We had two servers for our party of 6 and they were both fantastic. We loved the touch of the hot washcloths to wash our hands with. I asked for a vegetarian meal and was brought 2 kinds of chips with 2 kinds of hummus. Everyone else received the potstickers and chicken wings and we all shared the noodles and veggies. I love noodles and these had a fantastic flavor. Everyone else enjoyed the skewers of meat and said that the steak could be cut with a fork. I loved my veggie stir fry. There was tofu, broccoli, mushrooms, and I can't remember what other vegetables in it in a nice sauce. They provided vegan ice cream for my son and I when I asked.

We didn't find the restaurant any noisier than any other 1 credit restaurant at Disney. They didn't have any of the kids activities while we were there, but the kids still loved it. There were so many things for them to try that they were too busy to be bored or grouchy. The kids were each brought a brownie cupcake thing with m&ms on it. I didn't try it but they enjoyed them.

Overall, my favorite things about Ohana were the ambience (the Poly is so beautiful), my Lapu Lapu, the noodles, and how they accommodate vegetarians as well as carnivores so well. It was probably in my top three best meals as a vegetarian at Disney and it was in the top three for all the meat eaters in my group as well. We will definitely go back.

It's my husband's favorite! He's been waiting years to get my dad there (they're both real carnivores) and we'll finally manage it this trip. :) I'm not as enthralled, but I eat shrimp and veggies and get a Lapu Lapu.

I love 'Ohana for date night. Leaving the Magic Kingdom by monorail upon arrival at Polynesian we'll drop our daughter off at Lilo's Playhouse then take the ferry over to Grand Floridian. After strolling through the life-size gingerbread house in the lobby we'll take the path along the Seven Seas Lagoon back to 'Ohana for dinner. We can either pick up our daughter to watch the MK fireworks from the Polynesian beach or watch them alone before picking her up.

love ohana! I waited 7 years to go back after a bad experience & was pleasantly surprised! The dessert is amazing & everything we had was above & beyond! I'm going again in 2 weeks! YUM!!!!

Is it more casual that if my almost three year old needs to run around he can? He can't sit for two hour dinners!

We go if we are on the ddp. The kids meals are overpriced other wise. I enjoy the food and I like that the food is brought to you. That is very helpful with two small children. I also like visiting the Polly. The Polly is out of my budget to stay, but it's nice to visit.

Simply everything. Love all the options of food and the dessert is simply the best. Really like a late reservation and watching the fireworks from there with the music piped in. I go every visit and its the only place that the whole family asks to go to again and again.

Do you love their bread pudding or just any bread pudding? Are the bananas in the actual bread pudding, on top, or just in the sauce? You would be amazed at his hatred for bananas or anything banana flavored:)

JUST in the sauce and I don't think it is even cooked in it, just bananas sliced into it. you may be able to get sauce without bananas, you pour it over yourself anyway so he can just skip the sauce.

I love 'Ohana. I don't go often (we don't go every trip and I have about 2 years between trips) but I have been going for decades now and whenever we go I steel myself for it to have gone downhill and it only seems to get better (shrimp and steak instead of pork and turkey? OH YES). I get that sometimes places have an off night. People love Narcoossees and we had an awful meal there (so bad disney refunded our money for the entire $244 bill after the fact even though we paid in DxDDP credits). So I try to take bad reviews with a grain of salt unless there are more bad than good.

I'm pretty picky and the steak was perfect. My son has texture issues and if it was fatty or gristly he would not have eaten all of mine and asked for more (i got more too!). I know it's a pain to peel the shrimp but the peels keep them moist and sweet and delicious... they were the best shrimp I think I have ever had. I don't consider dark meat chicken "low quality" as that is what I choose when I have the choice. Loved the veggies, the noodles, the potstickers, the salad. The wings were soso this time, the skin was not crisp, but were not missed. The dessert is off the hook. It's a wonderful, festive, delicious meal!

Love EVERYTHING about Ohana!!! The atmosphere is great---love the Poly so the location is a plus and we enjoy the music and the fact that my kids can be kids during the meal bc there is lots going on just for them! The food is great of course and I've eaten there on every trip for over 10 years and I've never been disappointed! It's a must do for us whenever we come to WDW!

We love everything about it.. The resort, the apps, the main course and the dessert. We've done it 6/7 trips and haven't been disappointed once :)

My family loves 'Ohana so much that we're going to try for two ADR's on our next visit. We found the food tasty and the entire dinner was really relaxing. A highlight of our last visit for sure!

My first trip to O'hana I was not all that impressed, however we were there in January and it was my favorite place we ate in the whole 2 weeks we were there. The food was delicious, the meats tender and well seasoned. However I am a carboholic so the noodles and veggies were my favorite part. I'e heard they were getting complaints so focused on that. I like the guy walking around singing and playing.

Hello!

I'm getting close to my ADR booking day. It's my first trip to ANYWHERE Disney. As with anywhere, there are people who love/hate/are neutral about a restaurant.

I'm interested in hearing what you think is great about dinner at Ohana. It sounds different from places I've dined and might appeal to everyone in my group (ages 5-75).

Food quality? Quantity? Setting?

I'd love to hear about what makes Ohana a must do for you.

Thanks!!

We went once, didn't love it, but we would try it again because we just like that kind of food. Not so much the meat, but we like wings, potstickers, noodles, and the bread pudding. The wings with a sort of cinnamon flavor was very good. We also liked the dipping sauces that came with the meat. The meat itself was just OK. We were also sat and the most awkward table for 2, where we were about 6 feet away from each other and right up against a table with another couple. I could have an intimate conversation with the stranger next to me but had to shout to hear my husband. I would try it again to see if we had a difference experience, and of course to eat just the carbs/wings and that bread pudding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter