Why do we keep coming back???

I was "raised on Disney" so to speak. My parents honeymooned there, and we took annual family vacations there every year as I was growing up. I see it as a second home to me. Every time I go back, I am reminded of all the magical memories made in years past, and it makes me feel like a kid again! Now I have 2 kids of my own, and their first trip will be this year (with the rest of my extended family in tow!). I can't wait to start making new memories with my kids and reliving all those firsts through their eyes. It is truly a magical place.

The attention to every last detail is unsurpassed. The more I research Disney and all its history/trivia, the more I am completely blown away. Nothing was overlooked in the planning of that place. It's perfection.

It's just a feeling. DH and I say to each other: "We need a dose of Disney". We miss is it a lot when we're not there. We love vacationing in Hawaii, California and Cape Cod also, but there is just something very special about a Disney vacation -- we love them!:thumbsup2

We keep going back for our kids. When I was a kid my parents took me to the Jersey Shore for a week every summer and I hated it. My husband's Dad used to take him camping once a year and he didn't care for those trips either. We both agreed we'd never keep making our kids go back on vacations they didn't love.

My husband grew up going to DL because they lived in CA. I went to Disney World once as a child with my grandparents, and once in high school with my parents. One year my husband and I decided to take our own kids to Disney World and they loved it. We loved watching them love it. I have my favorite my ride, my favorite snack, my favorite resort, my favorite park, etc., but my absolute favorite part of going to Disney is watching how my kids react to it all. Disney is honestly the only place in the world I go out in public with no makeup because I know I'll end up wiping most of it off my face. I have multiple moments every day we spend there that I am a big blubbering mess of tears because I am just so darn happy to be watching my kids as happy as they are when we're there. If the magic ever fades for them maybe we'll go somewhere else (like Disneyland haha!), but as long as they keep enjoying it as much as they do, we will keep going back.

I am a product of my generation... I need constant stimulation and Disney satisfies that to a T, lol! I also really enjoy their movies and went a ton as a kid, so the themeing works for me too. BUT...

I'm getting older, and my bucket list is not getting shorter. I've been asking myself the same question (and it helps that my husband has been asking the same thing since our second trip). I can't justify it anymore... the last few years we've been taking trips twice a year at least - often to WDW then DL with a cruise thrown in with the WDW ones but my list is NOT getting shorter. So we're taking a break, and the soonest we will be back to WDW is xmas 2017 or sometime in Autumn of 2018 if we decide to do Food & Wine again. I'm totally happy with the decision.. here is what we get to do instead:

Alaska Cruise (on DCL so cheating)
Southern Caribbean cruise: St Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, St Kitts, Antigua (DCL too - cheating!)
Europe: Late season Norway Fjords cruise & Oktoberfest
Asia: Japan (Tokyo & Okinawa)
Maui over a holiday break
Pacific Coast road trip - Yosemite, Monteray Bay, San Diego
Africa: Kenya Safari & S. Africa
Train trip through some of Canada stopping in Banff to hike around
And *maybe* a Galapagos cruise or Easter Island if I can find a way to fit it into our holiday break.

These are going to be FABULOUS once in a lifetime trips, but they can't happen if we don't forego WDW since we only have so much vacation. If I get hit by a car and die before I make it back I'll be happier at the end having shorted that darn list than I would be beating a dead horse. So let it be! :hippie:

Oh, wow, it's soooo many different things for us, but I guess beyond the facts of all the reasons PP have mentioned, it always comes back to memories. Memories of the first time I walked into Pop Century and smelled that "smell," or the time I saw my sons (both now grown, both still die-hard Dis-ers) meet Mickey for the first time, the first time DH kissed me during the ascension back to Earth on Spaceship Earth, or the way the CM says "Welcome home!" when you drive into the resort. The one place where, in my heart, I feel like my sons are little boys again. And new memories are made every year. It is the one place on Earth that makes me the happiest. I have vacationed many places and it is, hands down, the only place that makes me always desperate to return as soon as I pass through the exit. "See you real soon."

There are tons of places that I'd like to see. I found myself constantly wandering back to WDW because it's familiar and comfortable though. I hope to get myself out of that mindset when I plan a big trip again.

However there is much about WDW that I still enjoy. I hope to always be able to return to old favorites when I can.

I keep coming back because there is so much to do. You can have fun without stepping foot into a park.

I live about 30-40 minutes from the beach so that wouldn't impress me vacation-wise.

I've been to many places (all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, Venezuela, NY) but in my opinion, nothing compares to Disney.

The sounds, smells, sights, everything is a sensory delight for me. A line for the ride? No problem, you'll see me waiting happily until is time.

My idea of hell is having to sit on a beach or next to a lake for a week "relaxing". I like to do stuff. I like to see stuff. I also don't drink and a lot of other resorts and vacation destination-type places are sort of boring at night if you don't drink at all.

I think if we didn't go to the Orlando parks, we would go to see other cities in the U.S. or around the world. Which will be great! One day in the future! My kids just aren't ready to appreciate those trips, or maybe I'm not ready to take them. :)[/QUOTE]

This is kind of the boat we are in. I love the beach and used to spend hours laying on the sand watching the waves. But since we started going to Disney, the boys don't even want a week at the beach. They like to go for a long weekend, but get bored after more than 3 days or so. We too aren't drinkers and there's only so many rounds of mini-golf and go-karts that you want to make!! We like to have stuff to do. My husband on the other hand acts like he wants that week laying on the beach, but when we're at the beach, he ends up going inside after a couple hours, then I'm on the beach alone. That bites!! I love my Disney vacations!!

Frankly the words are over used, but it comes down to the Disney *MAGIC*, **PIXIE DUST** and the ***DISNEY EXPRIENCE***!!

Disney provides a over the top vacation that no other resort complex can provide. Just watch the kids eyes light up when they see Mickey, Donald or any of the other favorite Disney characters, The joy and tears in their eyes. Attractions unique to Disney. It cannot be matched.

Going to Disney brings to light all the things Uncle Walt tried to teach us about forgetting the big hairy world we live in.

Mostly that all kids have that spark of a child's magic within them and every adult does as well......Walt just shows us it's there when we enter WDW or any Disney venue for that matter!!!!!:thumbsup2

AKK

This is kind of the boat we are in. I love the beach and used to spend hours laying on the sand watching the waves. But since we started going to Disney, the boys don't even want a week at the beach. They like to go for a long weekend, but get bored after more than 3 days or so. We too aren't drinkers and there's only so many rounds of mini-golf and go-karts that you want to make!! We like to have stuff to do. My husband on the other hand acts like he wants that week laying on the beach, but when we're at the beach, he ends up going inside after a couple hours, then I'm on the beach alone. That bites!! I love my Disney vacations!!

Yeah, WDW kind of ruins you for other places in a way :) There's just so much to do.

I still like to go once a year to see the ocean, but we will just drive for the weekend like you said and it's more than enough!

I will second this and add that the cast members make you truly feel like a guest, unlike some places we have also visited where the seasonal employees make you feel either like a mark or like an inconvenience. I would also say that, after visiting HersheyPark, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point and Kings Island, Walt Disney really was a visionary when it came to planning his parks. Some of those places you long a for a wheel & spoke design to make getting around easier.

I live near Busch Gardens Williamsburg, I've been there twice, and that's enough for me. It just seems like a cheap, tawdry rip-off of EPCOT, with the different countries' areas. There are only a select few rides I like to go on, and even those I'm one-and-done about, whereas I could ride my favorites at WDW over and over again. Even the food isn't that great, save for the BBQ place. And for a place that's pretty much funded by a beer company, you'd think they'd charge less than $8 for a bottle can of Bud Lite. No, thanks.

I was just thinking about this question this morning as I was driving to work and I think what it is for me is that Disney has become my "passion." It's the incentive for working and saving money, it's wonderful memories with my family, it's a carefree, worry-free experience (if one doesn't over think fp+) and it's absolutely beautiful!! That's why I keep spending my money at Disney year after year!! :goodvibes

I went to Disney in 2012 and 2013 and plan to go back again this year. Why? Because I still haven't gotten to do all the things I want to do yet, so I figured I might as well go back! :D

See I find an all-inclusive like Sandals to be MUCH more condusive to "forgetting the rest of the world".

No Busses, No cell phones, no appointments, no tipping, no problem mon.

Only so much at the beach...gets pretty boring after a day or two.If I want to just relax in the sun,read a book,and escape....I can ask my wife to take the kids to a movie.Love the beach...for a couple of days anyway.NEVER get bored at Disney World!!;)

i was just thinking about this question this morning as i was driving to work and i think what it is for me is that disney has become my "passion." it's the incentive for working and saving money, it's wonderful memories with my family, it's a carefree, worry-free experience (if one doesn't over think fp+) and it's absolutely beautiful!! That's why i keep spending my money at disney year after year!! :goodvibes

all this!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter