Why did Disney build 3 parks in Asia really close together but the 3 in the west are so far apart?

Lots of factors in play...companies willing to go into partnership on park ownership, population per square mile, operational/employee costs...and more...

Lots of factors in play...companies willing to go into partnership on park ownership, population per square mile, operational/employee costs...and more...
Not my question, just thought of sharing. But you need wealthy people . I always thought of Disney as brand that appeals to everyone. But can only be afforded by the very wealthy

Yes, but as I said, park operational costs are a factor. Surely in China, with relatively low wages, the parks cost much less to operate...thus admission can be less expensive. I found an old one day pass to Disneyland the other day from the 1980s. The cost was $11.00.

Wages, insurance, and utilities were all much cheaper back then.

So you can see the costings:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.02.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.02.11 pm.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.01.07 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 4.01.07 pm.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 9
Well, the population of each of those cities is huge. There are more people within Shanghai City than in the state of Florida. Add the number of people within a few hours' drive or train ride and it's almost as high as the US population. Japan has a population about 40% of the entire US - and in a much smaller area. Also I think it's kind of hilarious to consider the three Asian parks "close together." Hong Kong to Tokyo is a 4-hour flight, which is comparable to Orlando to Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!