Why buying into Wilderness Lodge area holds no appeal for me...

I understand! I live in the Northwoods, and I've never had any desire to stay at the WL. So many hotels in this area have that "woodsy" theme, and just recently we stayed at the Tundra Lodge (waterpark/resort) fairly locally, and it was very nice- but the theming isn't all that impressive to me. Now, a tropical beach, or the Boardwalk, etc- those are something I could really get into!

Having lived in Montana for five years, I miss it. So WL is the way I make up for it. Or I make a long, long trip to Yellowstone. We're planning on that for Jan 2021.

My dad grew up in Norway so he loves the woodsy themes. His family has a cabin in a fjord in northern Norway that has the same rustic theming and since its so far, we don’t travel there as often as we do to Disney, so we all love the rustic theme, especially my dad who is reminded of home.

That's why Disney builds other resorts such as Boardwalk, Beach Club, Aulani, Grand Floridian, et. al. Lots of various tastes out there. I grew up in the south but due to my military life, spent time in the West, East Coast, Northern Tier, and Alaska. I love the theming at the Lodge (even though they've messed it up a bit with all the new building going on) because I spent a great deal of time in gorgeous country. Nope, WL doesn't hold a castle--er--candle to the shot you posted. On the other hand, not everyone has access to such sights on a routine basis. Similarly, I'm not a fan of some restaurants at Disney because their food isn't representative of what they're touting. It's all part of the Disney experience--some things appeal to one group but not another and, of course, vice versa. Pretty shot, though. :thumbsup2

likewise, I spend my summers on the beach...so the lodge is perfect for us to experience something we usually don't/can't...it's what makes Disney so great...no matter where you come from...you can find an escape that offers you something totally different all within a few minutes of each other.

I have a vacation home ("lodge style") on a lake in the Pocono Mountains. While the whole house could fit into the lobby of the WL, the whole vibe is so similar that it would be like being home. When we go on vacation, we want something different.

Different strokes... I'm from New Hampshire where woods-y, log cabin-y stuff is all over the place, yet WL is still my favorite WDW resort. It's good that everyone has different tastes or the fall frenzy at WL would be even worse than it is!

@MBTigger I can understand that thought. I live in the desert now but grew up in the Evergreens of Oregon. I still love WL as it has that feel of the woods while at Disney. Before we moved to the desert I loved Coronado, but now... well the tower kinda of ruined it and I see enough desert.

crecentlk9.jpg

likewise, I spend my summers on the beach...so the lodge is perfect for us to experience something we usually don't/can't...it's what makes Disney so great...no matter where you come from...you can find an escape that offers you something totally different all within a few minutes of each other.

The water and beaches here in the PNW are pretty cold, and this year I went on my first warm beach vacation in about 10 years. Beach resort, African Savannah resort, Old Key West, all hold more appeal to me than WLV (CCV. BRV)

+1 indoor plumbing
🙋‍♀️

You have me there. I am always glad to get back to modern plumbing after my hiking adventures.

Different strokes... I'm from New Hampshire where woods-y, log cabin-y stuff is all over the place, yet WL is still my favorite WDW resort. It's good that everyone has different tastes or the fall frenzy at WL would be even worse than it is!
I’m from New Hampshire too! I like WL best! Must be a 603 thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!