Who's wearing 2, 3 or 4 masks now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m planning on sticking with just one mask for now. If I was high risk I’d probably consider wearing 2.

I’m not sure I understand what’s going on. My masks have 2-3 layers, plus I can add filters to most of them. I see comments about double masking, but then I see comments about how “two layers provides better protection.” Is it two layers or two masks? Because two masks for me would be 4+ layers. If I add the filter, is that the “double mask” requirement, or is it that plus another mask?

I am very confused.

Jump on the bandwagon yet?
Yep. 2 masks when we went for our biweekly shopping trip (Sam's Club, Vons, & Smart & Final). I only wore one for my oral surgeon check up appointment today, however. I figured I'd be removing it anyway inside the office.

I wouldn’t mind using KN95 masks but I’m unclear on how to source ones that are legit without it turning into a big thing.

I have no problem with wearing two masks for the foreseeable future. If three work better, three it is. I have a BIL who lost his life to Covid & a sister whose health has declined a substantial amount even though she's technically Covid free.

I’m not sure I understand what’s going on. My masks have 2-3 layers, plus I can add filters to most of them. I see comments about double masking, but then I see comments about how “two layers provides better protection.” Is it two layers or two masks? Because two masks for me would be 4+ layers. If I add the filter, is that the “double mask” requirement, or is it that plus another mask?

I am very confused.

Since you're adding filters to multi-layer masks, it sounds like you've been doing it right from the beginning.

Considering that community spread is now back up in my area and the new variant has been found in my state, I've upgraded to using a KN95 with cloth over it for my trips to the store. I have never used the KN95 but got some over the weekend, and I actually LOVE them. As much as one can love a mask! The fit is good, my glasses fog a little bit less, and I don't have all the airflow around the sides.

If I go out with just the surgical mask (paper) I will now cover with a cloth mask. Apparently, it makes the fit better around the sides and that's one reason they are asking for the second mask. One will generally cover what the other one doesn't.

Only one, that fits well. If I'm going to the grocery store or Target I'll usually add a filter. If outside but needing to mask, or going to a small specialty shop with minimal people, I don't worry so much about a filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter