Who's scrapping this last week-end in April??

I am hoping to be able to sit and scrap tomorrow. Plan on working on swaps. Just sitting here enjoying my tea and catching up here before I begin the last minute preparation for my mom's 60th birthday party.

Josh is home, and all his stuff! Spent most of last night getting it put away, just a few more items to store downstairs. On a positive note, he received his acceptance to Bridgewater State yesterday, so that is one less worry off my mind. So far all his classes from first semester transferred, just need to wait and see about his classes from this semester.

As I was lying in bed last night, it felt good to know he was right next door. I know I have to get used to him being "grown up" but it is a huge adjustment, espescially when he still says he "needs his mom".

Hope you all gets lots accomplished today and enjoy! I will try to pop in this evening if I don't crash. Off to start the days list.

Cassey

I don't think it will be the best carwash ever - the girls are 4th/5th graders. But it's the thought that counts, and I should support our other girls' events, right? :lmao: I'll make the sacrifice of the dirt off my car.

We're very lucky that my family is so close and Morgan is a favorite of pretty much all my sisters. She's a good kid and they do adore her. Yes, yes I am her mother...DH and I don't do a lot of 'date nights.' This second week in a row is very much the exception.

You, Reddy, are my hero. I imagine it can be very difficult, but I don't think we're given more than we can handle. You, my friend, must be incredibly strong. Kudos!

anything is better than nothing - the dirt will come back later so it is nice to get it off sometimes.
Family is usually the first to help out - I just hate asking too much since I know my boys are a handful.
:hug::hug:I never try to be a hero - just take alot of things one day at a time (sometimes it is one minute at a time:rotfl:)

I am hoping to be able to sit and scrap tomorrow. Plan on working on swaps. Just sitting here enjoying my tea and catching up here before I begin the last minute preparation for my mom's 60th birthday party.

Josh is home, and all his stuff! Spent most of last night getting it put away, just a few more items to store downstairs. On a positive note, he received his acceptance to Bridgewater State yesterday, so that is one less worry off my mind. So far all his classes from first semester transferred, just need to wait and see about his classes from this semester.

As I was lying in bed last night, it felt good to know he was right next door. I know I have to get used to him being "grown up" but it is a huge adjustment, espescially when he still says he "needs his mom".

Hope you all gets lots accomplished today and enjoy! I will try to pop in this evening if I don't crash. Off to start the days list.

Cassey

Happy Birthday to your Mom - I'm sure it will be a great party
I'm not sure how I will feel when the boys leave next June but at least I know they will still be in the same town & I can visit often, growing up is hard on the parents, why aren't they still toddlers:confused3
congrats on him getting into another school - hopefully all will transfer

OK back to bones - why do I pick things that need details:confused3

Good Morning! I have done 4 pages and a card front this morning- I even made the card front from leftover items on my desk instead of putting them away. Next for scrapping I need to print out the photos I need to use for the other pages I have set-up- just need a few more photos for each. So I am off to search the laptop for the photos I need and then I will use photoshop to set them up and print. Hopefully I will have Dh's graduation album for us finished today then. Of course I need to find or buy an album to put the pages in but at least they will be done and I can move onto another project.

Rebecca

Cassey

Enjoy the party and congratulations to Josh- glad to hear things are going well for him as he is making a transition.

Rebecca

Good Morning! I have done 4 pages and a card front this morning- I even made the card front from leftover items on my desk instead of putting them away. Next for scrapping I need to print out the photos I need to use for the other pages I have set-up- just need a few more photos for each. So I am off to search the laptop for the photos I need and then I will use photoshop to set them up and print. Hopefully I will have Dh's graduation album for us finished today then. Of course I need to find or buy an album to put the pages in but at least they will be done and I can move onto another project.

Rebecca

:banana::banana::banana:
you got alot done this morning
I"m still cuting things out :rolleyes2
but the frame & jounrel box are done :cool1:

anything is better than nothing - the dirt will come back later so it is nice to get it off sometimes.
Family is usually the first to help out - I just hate asking too much since I know my boys are a handful.
:hug::hug:I never try to be a hero - just take alot of things one day at a time (sometimes it is one minute at a time:rotfl:)

I know you don't try to be a hero, but that's what makes you one! Whatever it takes to make it through...

Reddy, you are a hero! you have done great things for your boy's! they are lucky to have you as their mom :)

Jennifer, happy you enjoyed your date! it is nice that your family can take Morgan when needed....my mom is good about taking Megan too, we never had anyone when we moved around alot, so Jim and I only got a date night a couple times a year...

Cassey, great news Josh got accepted at the new college :cool1: will he be staying on campus again? sure will enjoy having his home for the summer! have fun at the party! Happy Birthday to your mom :goodvibes

wow Rebecca, you've had a productive morning!

I'm going to start cutting for my next event group...
Megan was supposed to have a friend come over today (her mom has a memorial to go to) but never heard from her last night...we might go do a couple of errands and lunch out

Getting ready to scrap and catch up to hopefully meet by monthly goal of 40 - these last 10 days have been insane! On the 18th I get a call from my sister that my Mom has taken a turn for the worst and has less than a week on this earth (just a little background, my Mom has been battling Alzheimer's for the last 12 years. She is currently in the late end stages and in a hospice facility in north Georgia). So, I pack up and make the 12 hour drive. My brother in Ohio flies down, my brother in AZ is making his travel arrangments and my other 3 siblings live near Dad and Mom's house there in GA (I'm the oldest of 6!).

Well, it was determined that Mom more than likely had some sort of 48 hour bug. She was back to her current normal by Thursday or as Dad says, displaying her stubborn Irish blood. I’ll tell you what, she is fighting every step of the way to remain here with us. The Hospice nurses say that wives and mothers always put up a fight and don’t want to leave so we all continue to ride the emotional rollercoaster...

I drove back home on Tuesday. If that wasn't enough to deal with already,
DH calls me on the way home to tell me the A/C has finally died (a South Florida MUST have) $3543 to get a new one. On Wednesday, my 2 year old washer is leaking and 2 year old dryer stops working. DH comes home from work upset that someone has clipped his right bumper pretty good on his Honda Pilot in the parking lot at work. AHHHHH. Yesterday the repairman fixes washer $85, states it will be $370 to fix dryer - I laugh! I go to Best Buy and purchase new dryer for $449 w/extended warranty. I'm ready for a new week and many Margarita's PLEASE....

Getting ready to scrap and catch up to hopefully meet by monthly goal of 40 - these last 10 days have been insane! On the 18th I get a call from my sister that my Mom has taken a turn for the worst and has less than a week on this earth (just a little background, my Mom has been battling Alzheimer's for the last 12 years. She is currently in the late end stages and in a hospice facility in north Georgia). So, I pack up and make the 12 hour drive. My brother in Ohio flies down, my brother in AZ is making his travel arrangments and my other 3 siblings live near Dad and Mom's house there in GA (I'm the oldest of 6!).

Well, it was determined that Mom more than likely had some sort of 48 hour bug. She was back to her current normal by Thursday or as Dad says, displaying her stubborn Irish blood. I’ll tell you what, she is fighting every step of the way to remain here with us. The Hospice nurses say that wives and mothers always put up a fight and don’t want to leave so we all continue to ride the emotional rollercoaster...

DH calls me on the way home to tell me the A/C has finally died (a South Florida MUST have) $3543 to get a new one. On Wednesday, my 2 year old washer is leaking and 2 year old dryer stops working. DH comes home from work upset that someone has clipped his right bumper pretty good on his Honda Pilot in the parking lot at work. AHHHHH. Yesterday the repairman fixes washer $85, states it will be $370 to fix dryer - I laugh! I go to Best Buy and purchase new dryer for $449 w/extended warranty. I'm ready for a new week and many Margarita's PLEASE....

I think I need a Margarita from just reading that :hug:
I hope the rest of this month is alot better for you

wow, I would need LOTS of margarita's after all that...

I feel your pain about your mom, grateful she is holding on tight to you all :goodvibes
my daddy lost his battle with Alzeimers 9 years ago, its such a hard road for the families....will keep you all in my prayers :hug:

AC is definitely a must in South Florida- my sister lives in Homestead so I head down there at least once a year (not that in more northern South Florida we can get away with no SC either by this time in the year. I hope you are able to scrap this weekend with all of what has happened.

Rebecca

finished another group.....now to start cutting LOTS of MH for my Mickey tree's

Great job to everyone getting work done. I just finished editing and setting up for printing then I realized I have to install the printer so my computer is doing that now. It is my first time printing photos since I got my new computer.

Rebecca

Good luck- We just lost my grandpa to Alzheimer two weeks ago. He had been on Hospice since November. He started aspirating, so he could no longer have food or water (per his living will wishes). He was given 3 to 7 days and somehow my 92 year old grandpa made it 10 days? My 90 year old grandma is surviving, but it is rough. (They were married over 70 years and together about 75 :scared1:) Best wishes for you!

Good job on getting stuff done everyone! I may scrap here in a little bit and little tomorrow. I want to get started on my partner swap but waiting for title ideas from my partner. We have softball and soccer going on as well. My DS had his first special needs soccer game today. It was pretty hot, and he wasn't overly excited :lmao: It was an interesting game and confusing for some of the kids (didn't like the ball getting taken away, taking turns, etc.) MY DS could have cared less about the ball and was more interested in sitting on the sidelines like he does for sisters' games. It was a learning experience :goodvibes My DD1 had a soccer game last night (that they lost and broke their undefeated record so now they will take second :( but it has been a great season) One more game today and one tomorrow, and the season will be over.

Good luck- We just lost my grandpa to Alzheimer two weeks ago. He had been on Hospice since November. He started aspirating, so he could no longer have food or water (per his living will wishes). He was given 3 to 7 days and somehow my 92 year old grandpa made it 10 days? My 90 year old grandma is surviving, but it is rough. (They were married over 70 years and together about 75 :scared1:) Best wishes for you!

Good job on getting stuff done everyone! I may scrap here in a little bit and little tomorrow. I want to get started on my partner swap but waiting for title ideas from my partner. We have softball and soccer going on as well. My DS had his first special needs soccer game today. It was pretty hot, and he wasn't overly excited :lmao: It was an interesting game and confusing for some of the kids (didn't like the ball getting taken away, taking turns, etc.) MY DS could have cared less about the ball and was more interested in sitting on the sidelines like he does for sisters' games. It was a learning experience :goodvibes My DD1 had a soccer game last night (that they lost and broke their undefeated record so now they will take second :( but it has been a great season) One more game today and one tomorrow, and the season will be over.

James does soccer in the fall - he usually prefers sitting in/on the goal :rolleyes2 or having the helpers carry him - thanfully they are the local football players (one of the coaches has a nephew with special needs so his guys help) - his group is K- high school & they have done this for several years so that helps -- I can see what you said happening, it is great that someone cared enough to get it started:hug:

James does soccer in the fall - he usually prefers sitting in/on the goal :rolleyes2 or having the helpers carry him - thanfully they are the local football players (one of the coaches has a nephew with special needs so his guys help) - his group is K- high school & they have done this for several years so that helps -- I can see what you said happening, it is great that someone cared enough to get it started:hug:

Yes! The lady that organizes it is great! There was a basketball league too, but we decided soccer would probably be a little better. Good that the football players help. It is nice! DS might like it more when he gets used to it.

Yes! The lady that organizes it is great! There was a basketball league too, but we decided soccer would probably be a little better. Good that the football players help. It is nice! DS might like it more when he gets used to it.

would they let his sister be a helper?? several of the kids have a brother or sister that helps just them. I used to help my boys (can't keep up with them now, they have longer legs than I do)

hope your DS starts to have fun with soccer, how nice you have programs for him to participate in :goodvibes
sorry your DD team lost their game, hope they are proud of what they accomplished in getting second!

OK got James bubbled bath
bathroom floor mopped
& mats & towels in the washer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter