Who's going in May 2014?

Thanks for the feedback.

Now need to figure out which date I can start booking activities with Disney..

Just confirmed our trip yesterday! We are renting DVC points to stay at AKV May 10th thru 16th, leaving the day after my graduation from graduate school! Can't wait!

Uktivo, POR is beautiful! I stayed there for the first time, since it was converted from Dixie Landings that is, on my last trip and LOVED it. The resort is beautiful - the mansions look lovely, the landscaping is beautiful, and I especially enjoy the river and mill. I think that your daughters will enjoy the pool area as well. I've not stayed at Coronado, but so far POR is my favorite of all the moderates.

Congrats on graduation. I will be doing the same thing and will be staying in WDW two days after graduation. It will be my parents and I and boy do we have a trip planned. Trip is for May 12-May 25. We will spend two days at Riverside-River View, 5 days at Contemporary Atrium Club Level Theme Park View, 4 nights on the Disney Dream-1 bedroom suite, followed by 2 days at Coronado Springs. We also have one night out at Port Canaveral so I can finally see the Atlantis exhibit at Kennedy Space Center. Can't wait to see Riverside since we haven't stayed there since it was Dixie Landings. I've always wanted to stay in the mansion rooms, hence the two days there. Finally got all the rooms sorted out and now just need to wait for dining reservations. I've got a 5 page itinerary so we don't forget to make any of the reservations.:lmao:

Just booked our late May/early June 2014 resort today - CSR Business Class :) Will be our family of 5 plus my parents!

WooHoo another at POFQ for the last two weeks in May. :cool1: I'm getting so excited I know it's 10 months but this is the part of the year that goes by so fast.
Back to school, and it gets busy at work. ( I have the best job Disney Store CM) and before you know it its the Holidays. Then the New Year, then it's the Olympics. By the time they are over it will only be two months until May!!!
See we are almost there.:rotfl::banana:

Mmmeeeeeeeeee!! :cool1:

We'll be at coronado springs may 12-26th! Also hoping to catch the last of the flower show and beginning of SWW - *fingers crossed*

We are planning our 1st WDW Vacation ever! We are looking at May 4-9th, that date may move up by a week depending on what is available next week when we book. It is just my husband and I. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary last Fall and did not really get to do anything spectacular, so this will be a late Anniversary Celebration for us, but the main reason we are doing this is I recently started eating healthy and have been loosing weight and my husband promised me this trip as a reward. :thumbsup2 So looking forward to it!

Will be tentatively coming with my friend and our two daughters (both 12 years old at the time of travel). We're targeting the first weekend in May. Thinking of staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge. I have traditionally stayed at the Polynesian and occasionally the Grand Floridian, so it would be a change. :)

Date set for first week in May. Still trying to lock down a Resort. Were leaning to POR or POP.....pixiedust:

We are officially May 2014 WDW travellers!

Booked today....7 days at POR. Total surprise for the kids....they think DH and I are off to Jamaica for our 20th anniversary! Checking in May 11th and out May 17th.

We went August 2012, and were totally spoiled for 4 days at POLY, but a whole week at deluxe is more than we can swing with the dining plan added in.

So now we're on possible discount watch!

We arrive at POR in Royal room on May 2nd for 2 nights before heading off on a Disney Dream Cruise for 4 nights. After the cruise we are off to Hard Rock Hotel for 3 nights at Universal, then over to Wilderness Lodge for 3 nights for a real taste of Disney.

We finish off in a private villa for 3 weeks before returning home on June 2nd!!! Can't bloody wait :-)

We WERE going March 30-April 4th but just changed it to May 4-10th - which is the same week we went last year and it was awesome.

same resort- beach club- can't wait!! Sad my countdown now just went up about 30 days- but happier about the timing - was able to work out the conflict I orig had with that week :)

Count us in!

My hubby told me last weekend that I could start planning our next Disney vacation! This will be our 3rd vacation with our other 2 being 7 night stays... and I convinced him to take a 10 day trip this next time!! I can't wait!

We'll be there May 22-June 1, most likely staying at Pop! This would be our first stay there! Nothing booked or "official" yet because the in laws decided they'd like to come with us. They just told us to tell them when, so hopefully dates and resort are cool with them because we aren't going to budge on our dates! Fit conveniently in between my oldest DD's last day of school and my youngest DD's 3rd birthday!

We're May as well and officially booked our complete package yesterday night! We will be staying May 4-10 at AoA. It'll be my husbands and my first "real" trip to Disney. We went in 2009 but for just 2 days. We squeezed in all four parks and ate on the run, it was kinda busy but we didn't have kids to drag around at the time.. This time maybe we will actually be able to breathe. Anyway, this surprise trip will be our girls very first visit! We don't plan to tell them about our trip until we get to the airport. They will be 6.5 and 6 weeks shy of being 4 at the time of travel, which is younger than I ever anticipated taking them but we came into a bit of money and figured "Why not?". We even "splurged" and got the regular dining package lol. I've fully thrown myself into the planning already. Between the Internet, this website (LOVE!) and my travel books (yes, I'm old school like that) I am spending 2-3 hours each day planning and researching. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I promised him its all worth it. There's just 245 days to go!

We will be there May 18-25. We r staying at the yacht club with a garden view room. We r going in celebration of me graduating from nursing school.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going May 4th - 10th and are super excited!! Just got back a week ago from 5 days with the hubby and I celebrating our anniversary and I am already itching to go back!! We have always gone in the fall though. this will be our 1st Spring trip. I used to go every year as a kid but that was always in July. So I am hoping it will be a nice week - crowd and weather wise!!

Hi all!

I found this forum this evening while sitting online again searching all things WDW!! My husband, my son (will be 5) & of course I will be going May 7-13. We are going to surprise my son on his 5th birthday on valentines day with a box of balloons, a disney countdown and a couple other things Disney with the trip.'

I am struggling with a couple of things...the main thing is staying onsite for my son's first trip or staying off. We would do a value resort for sure if we stayed on. I am up in the air about the dining plan, but i do want to do a couple of character breakfasts/dinners. If those are included with the dining plan it may be worth it. Other than a value resort I could stay offsite in Davenport in a 5BR house with pool & hottub all to myself....

Second, use a travel agent or don't? I also have AAA.

I would appreciate any input, since I am a newbie! This is going to be our first real family vaca!

Hi all!

I found this forum this evening while sitting online again searching all things WDW!! My husband, my son (will be 5) & of course I will be going May 7-13. We are going to surprise my son on his 5th birthday on valentines day with a box of balloons, a disney countdown and a couple other things Disney with the trip.'

I am struggling with a couple of things...the main thing is staying onsite for my son's first trip or staying off. We would do a value resort for sure if we stayed on. I am up in the air about the dining plan, but i do want to do a couple of character breakfasts/dinners. If those are included with the dining plan it may be worth it. Other than a value resort I could stay offsite in Davenport in a 5BR house with pool & hottub all to myself....

Second, use a travel agent or don't? I also have AAA.

I would appreciate any input, since I am a newbie! This is going to be our first real family vaca!

Welcome! We are currently planning our 3rd trip to WDW and let me tell you... I've learned sooooo much stuff from this forum! I hope it's as helpful to you as it has been to me! And what a great age for your son's first trip! He is going to absolutely love it!

We have never stayed off-site, so I can't really give you any information on that... but after staying on-site twice, I don't know if I will ever stay off-site! There is just something about staying on property that makes you feel like you're really part of the magic! Besides being immersed in Disney, there are other perks I love too! The Magical Express (free transportation to and from your resort that they take care of your checked bags too!), Extra Magic Hours (extra hours either before or after opening/closing time that are only available to Disney resort guests) and of course, the dining plan! You may save money by staying off-site, but all of those reasons I just mentioned make staying on-site the choice for us!

And as far as a value resort goes... I don't think that's something you need to worry about at all! Really, we only use our rooms to sleep in so what's the big deal when it saves you some cash? Our first trip we had a standard room at Art of Animation and loved it. Our second trip we booked there, but then the discounts came out and we switched to Port Orleans Riverside because AoA doesn't qualify for a discount, but POR did... and after the discount they were pretty much the same price! This time we are planning a 10 day trip, so to make that a little easier money-wise we are planning to stay at Pop Century. I've heard of a ton of people that love Pop... so I don't think it's a poor choice at all!

We do get the dining plan... but I make sure I REALLY get the bang for my buck by planning a ton of character meals/all-you-can-eat/buffets! We just love knowing that everything is paid for up-front so it has that "all inclusive" feel to it. If I was paying for it on the spot I might not get that steak that looks amazing to me, but since I'm not "paying" for it I don't think twice! And even while in the parks when my 5 year old wants a Mickey Ice Cream bar I don't have to think "Oh honey, you don't really need a snack because snacks cost money" because it's already paid for! We love that!

We have never used a travel agent for either of our trips so can't really give you any advice on that! My daughter's dance teacher that has been going to Disney since she was a baby just recently became a Disney TA. So I think this next trip we may go through her so she gets credit for it... but she's still going to let me be in charge of my ADR's because I'm too Type A to let her have control of that! Ha ha! I'll make sure that she puts in our room requests because she said sometimes Disney TA's have an edge on that stuff. Basically all the "not fun" stuff I think I'm going to have her do for us!

I hope this helps a little! There is also a Facebook group for people going in May! It's a closed group, so you have to request to join so I'll give you the link! It's a little quiet in there right now, but as more people start planning May trips it should get busier! https://www.facebook.com/groups/May2014WDW/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter