Who's going in May 2014?

My family is considering traveling 5/29 -6/3. Our trip this year was the second week of May and the crowds and weather were good. Is the last week of May/first of June still a good time for DW travel?

Question for you guys...,

Is it true that some of the restaurants that charge one dining credit for the TS meal charge 2 for the Character meal. Chef Mickey? Disney Jr? Someone I know who just went said to be careful because some if the character dining is 2 credits...I assumed that was only at the fancier places that normally charged 2 credits for a meal to begin with!? Help!

Is it true that some of the restaurants that charge one dining credit for the TS meal charge 2 for the Character meal. Chef Mickey? Disney Jr? Someone I know who just went said to be careful because some if the character dining is 2 credits...I assumed that was only at the fancier places that normally charged 2 credits for a meal to begin with!? Help!
No, that is not true. Most character meals are just one TS credit. I know that Cinderella's Royal Table is 2 TS credits, but most of them are just one credit.

ETA: Here is a link to the DDP booklet. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2013Dining.pdf

You can see that Cinderella's Royal Table is the only character meal that requires 2 TS credits. The rest are one TS credit. The signature restaurants and the dinner shows require 2 TS credits, too.

All of the character meals, except one (Cinderella's Royal Table), are one table service credit! Chef Mickey's and Hollywood & Vine included! Your "signature" restaurants, Dinner Shows and then Cinderella's Royal Table will cost you two credits.

So if you're looking for a princess character meal, but don't want to spend two credits, you can book at Akershus in Epcot! Pretty much the same princesses, except Cinderella, and it's only 1 credit! We've eaten at both and have enjoyed both of them. It's so neat eating in the castle, but if you don't want to blow another credit on it then definitely do Akershus!

GoldieLocks5 said:
We WERE going March 30-April 4th but just changed it to May 4-10th - which is the same week we went last year and it was awesome.

same resort- beach club- can't wait!! Sad my countdown now just went up about 30 days- but happier about the timing - was able to work out the conflict I orig had with that week :)

How were the crowds?

Just changed our trip from June to May since daughter isn't interested in drill team next year. Going May 19-25 to celebrate my DD turning 13. So looking forward to having her to myself :goodvibes

MeeskaMomma said:
We were there that week last year too. I didn't think the crowds were bad at all.

Thanks, I'm between first week of April or first week in May.

Just finalized our reservations! We will be there May 4th - May 10th at AKL! This is our first trip during May, can't wait for the Flower and Garden Festival!!!

Count us in too! May 8 - 16, not sure what resort yet!:scratchin Cheapest is going to be best as this will be our third trip on our AP's!!:upsidedow

Joining in!! We'll be there May 8th to the 17th doing a split stay between BCV and AKV Jambo!! Can't wait!! Just booked our airfare this morning so the trip is official!!!

Just booked our POR room only with a 30% off PIN:banana::banana::banana::banana: With this discount, I was able to "splurge" on the Royal Standard view room. This will be a surprise for my DD :goodvibes

I am looking at May 4-11. Haven't booked yet and i'm getting nervous that the AAA R/O discount isn't going to be available. I'm conflicted trying to figure out which resort to book. This is our 2nd trip and last trip was at POFQ which wAs sooooo nice and peaceful but we didn't use the pool at all in January. This trip I want to spend lots of time in the pool. CBR is probably my first choice but I'm scared to be there while I hear they're going through a refurb starting in April. My 4 year old daughter would love the AOA but I think I mighgt lose my mind by the 3rd day. :crazy2: lol. Sorry I'm rambling. Anyways I'm looking forward to May and finally booking this trip. :thumbsup2

I started to look at some crowd calendars and table service/character meals, the parks etc. I am a first timer, and here is what I was thinking....suggestions welcome!

May 7: arrive time TBD (flights are not booked yet)
May 8: Epcot, Garden Grill character dinner or Coral Reef (where I would rather try :)
May 9: MK, Crystal Palace character breakfast
May 10: AK, Yak and Yeti (or possibly dinner at a resort) none of the restaurants here would be up my husband's or son's alley (will be 5 yrs old in May)
May 11: MK, Chef Mickey's at Contemporary
May 12: HS, Hollywood and Vine character lunch

(Was also thinking Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes dessert party on May 11)

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter